1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Player Turnaround Alert: Jah Okafor

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by basketballholic, Jan 24, 2019.

1. BullRider

BullRider Member

he shocked me tuesday!!! is he that good or is our paint defense that bad?

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

But wasnt he alway considered great scorer and terrible defender?

3. basketballholic

The thing that is intriguing about Jah is what would he be like if he shot the 3? I'm convinced he can do it. Everything else he does skills wise offensively is elite for a big man, including his handle and passing/court vision. And I've seen him shoot at shootarounds enough to know the form is there.

With AD probably leaving and the Pels lottery bound he should get a lot of run nite and next season. I think he's on the right course to recover a nice career.

4. basketballholic

Both. He is highly skilled, big, and very quick. And we had nothing, zero, zilch, nada down low defensively.

Harden may be considered a good post defender in today's game where there are so few efficient low post players But going against a legit 6'11" big with skills like that, even he was overmatched.

Tucker.....just too small when out there without any length at the 4/5 beside him to help.

Faried....totally useless defending an elite low past scorer. That's why PJ was having to take him anyways.

We had nothing down low defensively.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

could he help us beat gsw tho?

6. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

If his defense continues to improve at the rate it has this season, absolutely.

7. basketballholic

........mmmmaybe
    not.