1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Play Faried!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dwhite, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

MDA will unleash the beast when the time is right

2. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

Faried is terrible. He shouldn’t be in the NBA unless he starts giving half of a crap on defense. Dude doesn’t even rebound well anymore

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I really can't tell which posts in this thread are serious or not. He's had knee soreness and the team has been trying to find rest for guys where and when they can as we get close to the playoffs. I really don't see what the problem is.

4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

IMHO, I think DTrolly is trying to get everyone in sync for the playoffs, that includes Shoompert! He's not sitting Fariad/Riverts because of bad play, he's playing Shewpart to try to improve his play! As far as Knene, he really hasn't played ALL year, he needs some minutes or his old body is going to freeze up and he won't be worth a knickel come playoff time!

Go Rockets!!!

BaselineFade likes this.
  5. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I thought Faried was banged up from that solar plexus hit and sore knee still. The last time I saw him play, he wasn't playing like the Manimal. I agree having him back will be good. Hopefully he's still working on making 3s in practice, and setting up lobs to Capela around the paint. That extra spacing if he can make those 3s and good interior passing to go along with the energy he brings will be very welcome once he's healthy again.

Despite still competing for that 3rd seed right now, the Rockets are thinking long term about the playoffs. They know a healthy roster is essential to a hopeful championship run.

D-rock likes this.
  6. topfive

topfive CF OG

dwhite = dwight? Hmm...

D-rock likes this.
  7. Bo6

Bo6 Member

think he's been hurt.

8. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Why didn’t rivers play last game was he injured. Shumpert is straight ass even ennis contributed more.

Realjad likes this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nene should be put out to pasture, unless the other team has a huge big, he should not play.

Faried should play every game.

DD

10. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

MDA has a history of this extending further back than just the Rockets.

ryano2009 likes this.
  11. dwhite

dwhite Member

I hope this is true, but makes no sense that we would “showcase” 38 year old Nene. Seems he would need the rest for the playoffs and to avoid injury. I’ll give House a break due to his talent, but we shouldn’t be wasting our time with Shump and Nene in must win games as Portland has an easier schedule remaining.

12. dwhite

dwhite Member

You’re right....I remember MDA did the same perplexing thing with Montrez Harrell a couple seasons ago. He played great for a spurt than never saw the floor at the end of the season and playoffs.

13. dwhite

dwhite Member

Great post DD! For those claiming he isn’t playing due to injury, the team removed him from the injury list (he was probable) prior to the game and said he was healthy. Rivers and Faried are in the doghouse and are clearly being benched for subpar players. Only rational thought (because I like MDA) is that the team knows both players are unrestricted FAs and they are trying to lower their salary requirements so that they remain in our ballpark. Sacrifice wins so we can re-sign them cheaper in the offseason. This would coordinate with what they did at the trade deadline.

14. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Faried is technically being rested for his knee situation.
    In the mean time MDA is just trying to experiment with as many lineups as possible to see who his 9 man will be.
    He did also say that his rotation would be based on matchups come PO time which I’m happy about.
    You don’t want to give up on guys just bc of 1,2, or 3 games of bad play especially coming from injury. There is only less than 15 games left and I’m sure MDA wants to use those days for the guys who he hasn’t had on the floor much. He knows what Faried and Austin can do, it’s a matter of seeing what Shumpert and House can do. Is House’s case not so much showcasing his talent but moreso his ability to play consistent for the PO’s since he is so young and never been to the post season.

BaselineFade likes this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Rivers should play Shumpert should not.

DD

16. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Faried's 3 point shot not only looked better than SHumperts ugly line drive release, but Faried was hitting at a higher clip than SHumpert too.. not to mention when Faried had an open look he was TAKING THEM. SHumpert hesitates, sometimes dribbles and steps into a long 2.. not a lot of confidence. If open, Faried was throwing them up as if he thought he was Ray Allen lol all the confidence in the world

To be completely serious.. at the moment, Faried would make for a better small forward than Shumpert.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

.............um he is hurt...so they are resting him.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

A novel idea for MDA, I know

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. hakeemthagreat

Looking at Faried's body language he's definitely in the doghouse. MDA is a great coach but I see the stubbornness that follows his reputation. He often gets in his own way & doesn't take the bigger picture in consideration. Remember, Shumpert is a guy from his Knicks days, so he wanted Shump here. But he shouldn't be playing over Rivers or Faried

Little Bit and hakeem94 like this.
  20. pippsux

pippsux Member

I'm guessing Faried is not healthy, because it makes no sense to play Nene this much, when Capela will get bullied a couple of times in the playoffs and a well rested Nene will be needed.

Also Dantoni might not want to show his hand

hakeem94 likes this.