1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PKboy Mr. rumor man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tfor3, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I tried asking the guy to quote his source, and all he did was insist it was true.

I did not believe what he said as you mentioned above--however I was concerned unecessarily by his post.

2. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

You're right, you caught me red- handed with my 100+ posts.

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

perhaps a 4 week ban would work better ;)

4. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Heh ... if I had a nickel for every bit of misinformation and wrong prediction I've seen on this board lately ...

5. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

What, you mean T-Mac isn't really on the injured list with a knocked up lover?

6. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

I'll refrain from posting till Yao is back. I mostly read instead of posting anyway. It's too easy to get sucked into trading personal attacks with people around here. Peace bro.

7. blender

blender Member

T-Mac actually has no back problems. Everytime he doubles up, it's because of another love affair gone wrong.

8. GOAT

GOAT Member

he hasn't come to defend himself so it maybe that he has been suspended for this

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

No, but obviously when people on this board post something matter of factly, especially on something as serious as Yao Ming's injury you'd want them to at least come from credible sources and not pulled out of their asses :rolleyes: I come to this site to see what others have to say about my fav nba team, as well as to gather the latest scoop, and that's kinda' hard to do if people will go around inventing stuff up. Posters post rumors and speculations here all the time, but when they do it they add a qualifier that explains where they got their info from (I heard from my brother, I passed two guys today etc). When you say something like its a fact ("He's out two weeks"), and its an outright lie then that should be cause for banning IMHO. Unless you want to have to sort fake info from the real ones everytime you post? :rolleyes:

10. Landlord Landry

agreed, there is a reason hoops world is blacklisted here.

11. kikimama

kikimama Member

I don't know what's worse. The fact that PKBoy would pull something out of his azz or the fact that so many people on the internet would believe something a random user on cf.net would say and hold it against him. Obviously he doesn't know what he's talking about so just get over it. I think a lot of people here are using him as a means to release some disappointment in today's loss. I guess it's better to witch hunt someone rather than reading about all the bandwagon fans jumping off.

12. benvolio

benvolio Member

You should make a poll to ban or not to ban....let the member's decide.

13. Asian Sensation

"oh no....yao is out for 4 weeks,at least"

1) He's NOT a credible source.

2) He probably did pull it out of his ass. Just his own judgment or prediction.

3) He said that approximately 25 or so minutes after Yao walked into the locker room. At that point and time nobody knows how long he's out for. Not the trainer, not the team doctor, not Yao himself. Usually the severity of an injury/ length of time to be missed and diagnosis is released after the game. Sometimes much after.

4) I don't understand what part of "oh no... yao is out 4 weeks, at least" sounds like a fact to you? He was simply playing "doctor" from the same thing we all saw and made his own assumption. Like I said nobody knows the severity of an injury 25 mins after it happens let alone knows how much time's supposed to be missed. Perhaps it was a statement a troll would make but you should be smart enough not to believe it.

5) You are a fool for falling for what he said. Try not to be so gullible next time. Perhaps you haven't been around here long enough to weed out material that seems to be fact from fiction. Or maybe you were born yesterday.

Do you believe in Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy as well? :rolleyes:

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

I guess this is the root of the problem. Do you really want the CF boards saturated with trolls posting fake info all the time? Maybe I'm overestimating the people who post here at clutchfans but my general impression is that the poster here are people who care a lot about the rockets and want to talk about and discuss it with other posters, and thats hard to do when the people you are talking to get their kicks by misleading other people. As you said only a fool would believe him, but then again only a fool would make that kind of post. You seem to be thinking that I'm angry because I believed him, but the thing is I'm angry because he's trolling.

Making "Bad-faith" posts like what that dude did and not giving him any sanction whatsoever means that kind of behavior is ok....well what's the point of having member and rookie status then? Why not give everyone full access to create Head for LBJ, Boobie Gibson and 10,000 first round draft picks then? :rolleyes:

15. DOHCtah

DOHCtah Member

lets settle this the fair way..

ban him for "4 weeks".... "at least"

:p

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

I certainly didn't believe him, but at the same time I don't that kind of behavior should be encouraged. Its like when a 6 yr kid runs into an airport and screams he's Bin Laden's right hand man and he's got a bomb in his backpack. Obviously the context is way different in severity (terrorist attack vs Yao Ming injury), but at the same time both cases are sensitive issues right now. Clutchfans is supposed to be the best nba team fansite in the net right? Well what the heck is going to be so great about it if people are allowed to post stuff they pulled out of their asses and pass it off as legit info? That's no different from any other forum made by some yokel on the net, and I think a site with as much inside access as CF deserves better posts from its members

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL :D And on that note I think I've said all I really want to say on this matter. I find it ironic that one sentence will elicit 2 lengthy posts from me though...that's alot of catharsis right there lol. Carry on.

18. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Everything I'm reading says an X-ray can't rule out things like a bone bruise, a torn ligament or a torn meniscus. All we know is that the X-ray results came back negative.

The MRI seems to be the crucial test. If Yao's knee swelled up that much that quickly, we may not get pleasant results over the next couple of days. Even a bone bruise, which may be the best case, can take weeks or months to recover from.

I don't know how PKboy could have possibly known anything at the time he made those comments so he probably pulled it out of his ass. I'm just hoping his guess wasn't accurate.

19. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

You people sure have alot of free time worrying about a random comment like that.

20. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Agreed. This thread is r****ded and Tfor3 needs to stop acting like everything said on an internet message board is either the truth or a crime equivalent to murder. I agree with everything NotInMyHouse has said and everybody needs to calm down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.