1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PJ Tucker Intangibles

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeem94, Sep 27, 2018.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

“I made calls for James(Ennis) this year because I thought he’d fit our team,” Tucker said. “I texted our GM and people in our personnel (department). I thought he’d fit our team and he’s proven that these first few days of camp. He comes in, he works hard, he runs the floor, he offensive rebounds and he does a lot of small things. That’s what we need.

“I know basketball. I know players. I knew he could be a person who can help our team.”

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...what-they-see-in-James-Ennis-III-13263740.php

D-rock, GermanRoxFan, Deuce and 5 others like this.
  2. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

That is THICC

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Anthony Leon Tucker is a true professional and I hope he stays and retires a Rocket.

I love all of our General Managers: Daryl Morey, James Harden, Chris Paul, assistant GM P.J. Tucker.

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Fashion sense

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Relax, everyone. GM Thicc is on the job!

hakeem94 and ISOBall like this.
  7. MultipleSauces

All jokes aside , other players are probably better talent evaluators than some scout that’s watching the game from the sidelines . This is what Morey was talking about becoming a destination when we acquired James harden. #Swag . Life in general,good people gravitate to others who are talented but also humble and chill and hard workers and just positive fun loving dudes (except Kawhi ...gnuuhahaheh)

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

And don't forget, it was GM Harden who suggested that Murray get Gerald off his couch.

D-rock, hakeem94 and MultipleSauces like this.
  9. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

All joking aside, there’s some truth in the original post. P.J. had the option to sign wherever he wanted last offseason, and he chose to play here because of his childhood friend, CP3. He worked his way into a starting role, providing outstanding defense as the Rockets power forward. Then in the playoffs, Tucker elevated his game even further, especially against the most talented team in basketball, the Warriors.

If Morey trades him, why should any free agent willingly come to Houston? He did everything that was asked of him, played his role on a 65-win team really well, and was dealt at the first opportunity to get another star. You don’t think he would look back and think, I had more money on the table elsewhere, I should’ve gone to one of those teams? Any of us would.

I hope Morey understands by now that while talent matters, team chemistry does, too, and more goes into winning basketball than what numbers in a database or spreadsheet say.

snowconeman22 and RudyTBag like this.
  10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

PJ Tucker is off the table.

You can have Gordon and all of our picks, and maybe even some Marquese Chriss on the side, but no PJ Tucker.

Rox11 and hakeem94 like this.
  11. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

All the signs are pointing toward PJ included in a trade for Butler.

Why not roll with what we have instead of giving up PJ and EGo? At their respective positions, they provide exactly what this team needs. We lose a lot of that giving them up for Butler. I know how great of a player Butler is, but the roles that PJ on the defensive end and 3 point shooting at the PF/C position, EGo the offensive spark plug at SG/PG/SF all are great on their own merit.

So I say role with what we have

bawanyh and snowconeman22 like this.
  12. theimpossibles1

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Um... what signs are those? Apart from speculation.

14. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Ok, let me FIFY

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

lol. Better. Thx. :)

16. BigBum

BigBum Member

I agree, but you have to find a good player from 3rd team in the package asap, you can't just deliver an "incomplete" package to Wolves.

17. sholaemmanuel

sholaemmanuel Member

It would be silly to trade PJ Tucker. I don't care how good Butler is - - I wouldn't hold my breathe on the word GOOD proposition - - he cannot replace EG and PJ Tucker. Only a moron will believe that bringing Butler and losing two key rotation players will make Rockets better. I will propose a trade for Butler - - come October 31, TimberBull will receive Knight, 2019 first round, Qui, Chriss, and a second rounder. If TimberBull says no to that, let them keep their Butler. We'll make do with what we got right now. At trade deadline, we might find a gem in buyout. Nothing stupid for Butler, who may become cancerous in the locker room.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. PhiSlammaJamma

I haven't seen this much blind faith in an un-athletic, unreliable, poor excuse for a power forward since Pete Chilcutt and Chucky Brown. There's no sense to it. PJ is a gaping hole in our plans going forward.

calurker likes this.
  19. Fantasma Negro

20. WestendMassive

PJ was fantastic in the role we had him playing last season.
    This season, he's been asked to do things that he's not capable of, namely be a consistent scoring option.
    How Morey looked at PF and said 'yup, 6'5 PJ Tucker and a bunch of rookies/unproven and untested talent is all we need' is beyond me.
    No prizes for guessing why the Rockets have rebounding issues....

bmelo and WILDBALLER like this.