1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pitiful sight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by riko, Mar 8, 2020.

1. riko

riko Member

Honestly the Bobby Sura, David Wesley and Mike James teams were more fun this. Hell the Walt Williams( first year after the pippen Trade) Shannon Anderson , Francis and Mobley teams with the dream on his last legs was better then this mess. Those were middle of the road teams but atleast they had heart.

Harden sorry my man but my patience is running thin. Defended you but my loyalty is to the betterment of this franchise. Unless we see a huge improvement adios.

Russ a great stat padder but he is not a winner.

Tucker washed up and has no business starting

House got paid and now looks horrible

All these bozos need to be on the trade block!

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

1 playoff series win in 17 years before Harden

I’m sure u enjoyed the Kevin Martin Rockets so much as well...

this franchise will be an irrelevant joke after a Harden trade

3. riko

riko Member

Harden right now is not playing like that guy who could carry a bunch of scrubs to the playoffs. Be it injuries or whatever he needs to either rest or improve. This team has no chance in gods green earth without him improving. Russ can be Russ but this team will go as harden goes

bmelo and dvr4me like this.
  4. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Lol just realized Reeko is talking to Riko. Let's add the most famous Rico...

[​IMG]

5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

You know why those teams were fun to watch?... Because there was no expectations... Anytime you overachieve it's fun...

JW86 likes this.
  6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

The talent is there.

We have 2 MVPs on the team.

Ever considered that perhaps there is a reason nobody has ever played a team of midgets all season??
    Maybe it isn't sustainable...

MDA has had his fun. This season was a wash when they neither extended nor fired him. Let's see what someone else can do with the talent next year. New system, new hope.

7. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

This is the more plausible reason. Everyone wanted Harden to be this lock down defender and carry us offensively but that takes a toll. Especially if you’re battling a 250# center constantly. Same with PJ. People don’t realize defense takes way more energy out of you than offense.
    Dead legs is a motha****er.

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This is 100% true. The offensive system needs to change. There a reason teams don't play hero ball any more either. Harden had put himself in a vacuum with only 2 moves. Step back 3 after 10 dribbles and drive and look for the foul. He needs to go back to being that animal he was. You don't just magically lose your talent and bball IQ. I firmly believe it's related to coaching and this system. Clean the ****ing house and bring in someone that these guys will respect and best utilize this rosters talent.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  9. riko

riko Member

I still think harden will bounce back but yeah the lack resistance is a issue

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

I can’t get down with glorifying all these pathetic, mediocre teams of the past that couldn’t even make the playoffs or get out of the 1st round just because they had “heart”

the Kevin Martin era SUCKED

those geriatric T-Mac teams couldn’t get out of the 1st round, and David Wesley was on that 05-06 team which had 1 of the worst and most painful to watch seasons in NBA history

Francis and Mobley? They made the playoffs as a 7th seed one time and got slapped up in 5.

let’s trade Harden and rebuild with Tilman as we go another 15 or so years before we win a playoff series...a lot of these people talking about trading Harden will disappear during that extended period of irrelevancy

Rocket River, Theking, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  11. JackLordsHair66

Yeah and so the two geniuses Mike and Morey clearly aren’t as sharp as they think they are then because this system isn’t sustainable against teams that have depth and length .. anyone here seriously think we aren’t going to get rolled by LAL in a few games after we beat them at home in our debut of small ball ? Vogel is going to be all over tape of this losing streak that’s a no brainer. If we had 5 36-40% 3 point shooters we could probably pull himself off but that’s not what we are dealing with here ... juts a bad plan of action by MDA and Morey

12. BigBum

BigBum Member

trade Gordon first, then Russ.

Gordon to Blazers for Zach Colin and salary not named Melo.

Russ to Heat for Robinson, Nunn, Kelly O, ....

Tucker is fa, House has little value, no one offer First round pick.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

man, fans will turn on a player in a minute, even when they’ve been carrying the franchise for damn near a decade

These are the same fans that will say that a player needs to give a discount or call them selfish for taking the max in Chris Paul’s case.

u get rid of MDA, this offensive system, this strict Moreyball philosophy, change the roster, etc before u ever even think about getting rid of Harden

14. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Because they're simple minded and don't know the game. They look for the low hanging fruit or finally get to show their hate for a player with some justification. It's the same old song, I saw it with Hakeem and look how that turned out.

Theking, D-rock and Reeko like this.
  15. blackistan

blackistan Member

It's funny how everybody was riding this team hard after the trade and we were winning some games. This happens every year the team gets y'all excited, everyone gets hyped and declares the rockets the next champion. Cmon y'all know damn well this team wasn't winning it this year before or after the trade. But Rockets mgmt sure does a good job reeling y'all in and then everyone is left disappointed at the end. That narrative won't change this year either.

ronclone and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

I believe in Morey, Dantoni and Harden.

D-rock likes this.
  17. JackLordsHair66

I didn’t say that I specifically wanted him gone, I am beginning to wonder if he is the one that wants to go... I do agree that Mike and Morey are the first options to go, and something tells me that it may be both but we shall see

I still maintain that he isn’t going to miraculously turn it around and start dominating and dropping 40+ regularly, not in this system and not with this cast of mediocre 3 point shooters around him.

#17 JackLordsHair66, Mar 8, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  18. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Alot good teams can fall in these holes, doesnt always mean there bad teams. Ive told everyone before the jinx this is the nba, and you can lose to any team. Thing is rockets are really good this year, and they just stuck in this funk. Maybe go back to the fundamentals of basketball? Who knows. But i guess you know if shooting 3's is gonna win you ball games, you gotta die by it, which is what there doing alot of lately.

19. bmelo

bmelo Member

Shaq, Barkley etc they all said we will be tired over long period of small ball. Maybe legendary basketball players know thing or two about basketball after all?

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed!

Heart and 50 cents will get you a 6'9 PF at 14th in the Draft that won't amount to much

People can wish and pine for those days all they want. . . . I do not

Rocket River