1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pistons interested in T-mac?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jlwee, Jun 16, 2008.

1. jlwee

jlwee Member

I surfed through the net and came across the below news. It looks like Pistons was trying to trade for T-mac. What do you guys think?

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080615/SPORTS03/806150643/1051/SPORTS03

The New York Knicks power forward fits the profile that Joe Dumars defined as prerequisites for a trade. Randolph is an impact player. He'll definitely fill a void, providing a consistent low-post offensive presence.

But the most intriguing aspect of courting Randolph is that it might not cost the Pistons as much as trying to get Carmelo Anthony or Tracy McGrady.

Randolph, the former Michigan State star, doesn't fit in new Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni's up-tempo offensive philosophy. He also has three years and an outrageous $48 million remaining on his contract, making him even more expendable.

The Pistons should have gone after Randolph last season, when Portland shopped him around, but Dumars was confident that his veteran core had at least one more serious shot at the crown.

The Pistons would be a good spot for Randolph, who's still battling issues with immaturity. He's not a leader.

He remains a follower.

Getting maximum production from him on the court and respectable conduct off the court are incumbent upon placing him on a team with strong positive influences in the locker room, on the coaching staff and in the front office.

2. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

Randolph is undisciplined garbage. I watched a couple Knicks games this year and he was utter trash in almost all of them taking stupid 3s etc just because he knew he was on a losing team. Maybe that would change on a winning team, who knows. Only an idiot would want him over T-mac... Carmelo is almost as undisciplined as him but is clearly the better player of the two.

3. waelhakmeh

waelhakmeh Member

this is just speculation from one of the Detroit Free Press writers. the part about pursuing Zach Randolph takes away his credibility (let alone the feasibility given that they already had enough bigs between sheed, mcdyess, jason maxiell, theo ratliff, etc).

i think he was the same person who said pistons should trade rip for ben gordon last week. don't put stock in any of his article.

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

the only reason mcgrady's name is in that article is thanks to the "rocket guy".

5. DrJB25

DrJB25 Member

misleading thread. Pistons are interested, well writers claim that they are, in Randolf.

6. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

The Rockets probably have little hope of dropping McGrady on them as their standards are likely much higher. Getting stuck in the conference finals >>> not being able to get past the first round.

7. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

dude, has t-mac stolen your lunch or what? everytime i see a post from you it's something negative on mcgrady. stop the hating and try being a fan. has to be pretty unheathy to hate one person so much...

8. Classic

Classic Member

and don't forget,

western conference>>>eastern conference

having Yao>>>>>>>not having Yao

solid supporting cast>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>luther head

9. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

That is interesting, it depends on what the pistons will give up for McGrady.

I am sure McGrady wouldn't be so sad with this type of trade but as I said it depends.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't want that cancer Rasheed anywhere near my beloved Rockets.

DD

11. sook

sook Rookie

haha good post, i agree...to many young players that have the potential of becoming something...don't let sheed screw with that

12. sook

sook Rookie

this is getting pretty old and annoying, whats with your bitterness?

The guy used to be a monster here his first year..and still shows glimpses of it

13. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

First of all, I don't think Adelman will give Tmac to the Pistons and second who would wanted a player like Rasheed to play here in Houston. The guy to my understanding is half man half psycho. Will not happenhere in Htown but maybe in Vegas! :mad: