1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Philly does the famous Portland implosion

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by NYKRule, Jun 6, 2001.

1. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

Tyronn Lue. Tyronn Lue. Happy they pick him over Penberthy and Rider now, eh?

------------------

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Now Mutombo has decided to take over Rasheed Wallace's role in missing crucial free throws in the closing minutes.

------------------
    President of the Mo Taylor and Jason Collier fan club!

Draftsource.net-- the premier source for draft info. Profiles, rankings, mock drafts, and more!

3. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

As Reggie would do : [​IMG]uts hands around neck::

Now Shaq will get a foul on Mutombo in OT and the game will be over.

------------------

4. The Cat

Philadelphia could've won this game if they just gave Iverson the ball on the last possession. I know Lue guarded him closely. But set screens, etc-- you can at least let him touch the ball. And I'd prefer Ivy shooting over 3 people instead of that ridiculous heave Snow threw up. The Lakers gave the Sixers every opportunity to win... the Sixers were just too stupid to take advantage.

------------------

Draftsource.net-- the premier source for draft info. Profiles, rankings, mock drafts, and more!

5. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

I will prematurely say "They Did"

------------------
    Never Underestimate the Heart of a Champion

6. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

HAHA! This was so premature it's embarrassing! The only hand around the throat was seen by LA coughing up homecourt advantage! HAHA!

------------------
    "I'm not here to protect my reputation, I'm here to make my reputation! Mama Barkley didn't raise no chumps!" - Charles Barkley

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Gotta love people who come in here and make fools of themselves. Thanks for disabling the "delete" feature, Clutch. [​IMG]

------------------
    "Light travels faster than sound, so some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak." -- Brian Williams (now Bison Dele) commenting on Isiah Thomas.

8. The Cat

I was praying to God when I wrote that message that the Sixers would find a way to prove me wrong... what a game. GO SIXERS!!!

------------------

9. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Cat, I thought you were going for the Lakers? Why the switch? For whatever reason, good on you!

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

It's back...

Protrolls.com!

10. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

God, can someone just have a LIIIIIITLE patience?

Notice how everyone is so ready to jump on the Laker bandwagon.

Face it, kids. THEY ARE NOT GONNA WIN.

Mutombo can play Shaq(when he is in the game). McKey can guard Kobe. And Iverson is on a freakin mission.

And by the way, can we stop with the Second Coming already? Jordan NEVER, EVER, EVER disappeared like Kobe did. And Jordan was guarded by Dumars, Drexler, Majerle, and GARY PAYTON. All of these players played WAY BETTER defense than anyone of the Sixers could on Kobe. And where was the Kobester?

MUAHAHAHA!

And no offense, Kitty Cat. But you are all over the place with your rooting, dont you think? [​IMG]

------------------
    Sleepless in the Bronx

[This message has been edited by Almu (edited June 06, 2001).]

11. The Cat

Cat, I thought you were going for the Lakers? Why the switch? For whatever reason, good on you!

Hell no!!! There are times I say things I don't completely mean out of frustration. The Sixers frustrated me a lot against the Raptors and Bucks, but their game 7 performance was inspirational, and this game 1 was magnificent. I'm converted. SIXERS ALL THE WAY!!!

------------------

12. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

Not only me, but everyone thought at that point that the Sixers were choking and were going to lose that game. I'm not on the Lakers bandwagon, I hate the Lakers, I hate Shaq, I just don't think the Sixers will win the series.

I still can't believe Mutombo choked, but he made it up with his great defense on Shaq during OT which I didn't think he (or anyone) was capable of doing.

------------------

13. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Did I mention that at the time I said Philly will win, I was smoking the pipe?

(PUFF. PUFF.)

This shiznet is gooooooooood! [​IMG]

I see the Lakers fading awayyyyy...

------------------
    Sleepless in the Bronx

14. alaskansnowman

AARON MCKIE HAS A BROKEN ANKLE

probably won't play next game

------------------
    PrEsident of The Danforth Langhford FAN CLUB... He IS our future All-Star Small Forward