1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Phillies: If I can BEAT CANCER, You can beat the Astros!"

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Rockets34Legend, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b...tly-worded-sign-encourage-212701853--mlb.html

This might be the most Philadelphia thing in the history of sports, at least when it comes to fans. A young person, presumably one who has battled cancer, brought a colorful sign to the Phillies-Astros game in Houston on Thursday that said, in part:
    "Phillies: If I can BEAT CANCER, You can beat the Astros!"

No pressure, right? Of course, the Phillies did not come through for the young fan, falling to the worst team in the league by a 6-4 score. C'mon, Phillies! Is that any way to celebrate Childhood Cancer Month? Jeez.

It takes a certain kind of attitude — one frequently found in Philly — to show up at the ballpark and make passive-aggressive demands to your team in the midst of your cancer treatments. Will the Phillies get their act together and comply Friday night against the Astros? Don't count on them for anything, kid. But I hope you continue to kick cancer's butt.

2. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

P h u c k all Philadelphia sports teams and their phans.

Except for the ones with cancer. Some things are bigger than the game. Best of luck with the recovery.