1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pettitte and Clemens on espn right now

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by whag00, Feb 27, 2005.

1. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

just chatting it up.

2. drapg

drapg Member

on a side note...

did anyone else see McGrady and Clemens switch places on Sportscenter this morning?

Roger vs Tracy in a game of HORSE

Roger pitching to Tracy
    Tracy learning Roger's splitfinger.

Good stuff. Glad to see Houston athletes get national pub.

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

surprised to see nobody posting it, i was going to post that thing about tmac, and clemens.

must be an adidas thing.

4. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

i posted that in the GARM

5. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Nice hat that Roger had on.

6. slickvik69

slickvik69 Contributing Member

It was weird to see Roy Jones and Bernard Hopkins together, smiling. I thought they hated each other. They said Hopkins's next fight is against hot prospect Jermain Taylor, that should be interesting.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

8. BSW

BSW Contributing Member

Tracy McGrady took his well-known love of all things baseball to a fantasy camp for Houston sports superstars Tuesday, going to Roger Clemens' house.

McGrady and the Astros pitcher played some basketball (Clemens won a game of P-I-G) before Clemens threw batting practice to McGrady.

Clemens said he threw McGrady "room service" pitches. But McGrady said he was as impressed with Clemens' velocity as he was with his shooting touch.

"He's got a pretty decent shot for an old man," McGrady said. "We switched sports, went into the batting cage, and he was humming them up there. Baseball is my first love. I'm used to hitting a baseball, but it's been awhile since I hit a baseball going 85 (mph). I was a little rusty at first, but I adapted."

McGrady, a former pitcher, described baseball as "his first love" and that if basketball and baseball season did not coincide, "I would definitely be a two-sport star.

"If you talk to anybody that grew up with me, they'd probably tell you that I'm better at baseball than basketball. ...

"It was an honor. He's a first-class guy, a true professional. I learned a lot from him."

OK, so it was one game of PIG, but still that's not bad for the old man. I hope you all enjoyed this small piece as much as I did. The only thing that I wish had occured would be that they played and actual one on one game. I bet the Rocket is not that bad with his back to the basket.

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

you forgot the link.

Anyways, I thought TMAC's pitching looked pretty damn good.

10. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

image is nothing

obey your thirst.

11. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Show them my motto!!![​IMG]