1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Penn State coach, AD, VP charged in child rape case

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 5, 2011.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

From a new ESPN article on the front page, we get a more believable picture of McCreepy:

However, a source familiar with the state investigation told ESPN's Tom Rinaldi that McQueary stopped the alleged 2002 sexual assault.

NBC quoted portions from an email McQueary sent to former teammates in which he said, "... the truth is not out there fully... I didn't just turn and run... I made sure it stopped..."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7235782/former-penn-state-coach-jerry-sandusky-proclaims-innocence-nbc-interview

2. Raven

Raven Member

I think prison violence, especially rape, is not something that our society should tolerate. It turns non violent prisoners violent and violent prisoners into psychopaths, but this man has brought it on himself. He fully deserves anything that other convicts do to him, and that goes double for the cretins who looked the other way, who allowed this monster to go free, because they didn't want to rock the boat, who placed their own interest above the safety of both past and future victims.

3. Raven

Raven Member

Every adult who knew, and did nothing, should do prison time, and the football program should get the death penalty, because that is the only thing that seems to wake these colleges up and get their attention.

4. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

If they can almost send Michael Jackson to jail for kids sleeping in the same bed..... then showering with lil boys should surely put him behind a cell....

This dude is guilty as it gets.. If people don't see anything wrong with what he said in the interview, then IDKWTFTTY

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

There are eye witnesses. There are 6 victims that testified with remarkably similar stories. Their defense is to try and get some to recant, and apparently they have found the boy he was caught with at Penn State, and they say he will say they were just horsing around. This will be an 18-20 year old, who came from a disadvantaged background and was sexually abused. I'd bet he has been bribed or threatened if he does testify. I also wouldn't be surprised if they were bluffing, or if they were bringing in kids who weren't among the 8 victims.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

front page of NYDailyNews & PatriotNews
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Major

Major Member

Interesting and hopefully true! Though it doesn't explain his grand jury testimony - or at least, what we've seen of it. If he's only a witness here, you'd think he could/would simply share the rest of the truth.

On a separate note, jury selection on this trial is going to be ridiculous - it's going to be difficult to find 12 people in that community who haven't made some kind of prejudgment about this case.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Listening to that interview was nauseating. I kind of wish I wouldn't have hit play.

9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

The Bob Costas interview was tough to listen too and I can't believe he's professing innocence...very sickening...

I think BobC did a good job and asked the tough questions but is denying anything criminal happened in the shower when McC saw him is crazy...

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

saw that, good for him in that sense at least.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cognitive dissonance. Many abusers, sexual and otherwise, don't see their behavior as being wrong.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-penn-state-scandal-mcqueary-20111115,0,1687969.story

Mike McQueary on CBS Evening News:

Any idea when you can talk?

This process has to play out.

Describe your emotions right now?

All over the place. Shaken.

CBS guy: He is very rattled. Off camera, how concerned he is with his personal life and his future with coaching. Shattered or shaken really operates here. He doesnt know which way to turn.

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If McQueary is changing his story now that he did call the police could he be charged with perjury if that wasn't what he said in his grand jury testimony?

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

I'm the wrong person to ask, but as you point out, [rQUOTEr]@PatriotNews has an email from McQueary saying he did talk to police. Direct contradiction of grand jury[/rquoter]

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Arizona man says Penn State officials ignored his report of abuse by a former professor

16. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

But the sad thing is MJ didn't go to jail, and neither did R.Kelly for boning a lil girl on tape. So....

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

he's making this so much worse.

18. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

#558 BetterThanEver, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  19. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

When did penn state become a catholic school?

20. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

William Penn rolling over in his grave!!!