1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pearland (shadow creek ranch)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Pearland Rox, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Pearland Rox

Pearland Rox Member

Inspired by recent neighborhood threads. A lot of posters have relayed their displeasure with the pearland area, i'm just curious why. Im curious to see how other people who do not live there think..

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Pearland sucks. I remember there was that time when they beat up my dog and shot up my prized watermelon patch! *shakes fist at Pearland*

1 person likes this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The dream of the 00's is alive in Pearland.

2 people like this.
  4. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Pearland is nice in the areas closest to Hwy 288... Otherwise it's too close to the hood(Telephone Rd/Cullen) and trailor parks(close to railroad crossings)

5. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Agreed. There is a real nice part to Pearland. Old Pearland is whats closer to Telephone and pretty bad but theres also the newer Pearland Parkway neighborhoods that are real nice as well as anything off 288.

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_Uq1M9Y6ZLk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Where nights go to die.

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The rockets fans in Pearland suck. They don't know crap about basketball. They may as well be Spurs fans.

;)

9. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Probably the most boring "bleh" 'burb in all of the surrounding areas of Houston.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

It's still crazy to me that Pearland is a huge suburb. I remember when it's biggest draw was the Flea Market.

11. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Yeah, I remember when Green T was considered a "nice" neighborhood. lol

12. Xerobull

Right! hahaha!

13. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

One of the fasted growing master planned communities in it's first three years of existence. Half of it is fairly strong, well-planned and in a good school district.

Unfortunately, they saved the worst school district for last and had already escalated lot prices to the point that the asking prices were almost unattainable and slowed the sales pace below where it should have been.

Marketing was also poor for the western section, as signage that directs towards the model homes was not effective and very confusing.

Overall, a quality neighborhood in a high growth area with some detractions. Western section has the school district and neigbhoring dump area. Amenities have not filled out the area as quickly as had been planned during the boom.

14. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

While I think a lot of Pearland is an armpit the part I like about it is that it is the closest suburb to where you want to be in Houston. Close to Med center, close to Museums, close to Reliant, close to Galleria, etc.

Best thing about Pearland is the view on 288 N when you roll up and you can see the Galleria, Med center andf Down town all in one shot.

What I hate is how a suburb destroyed 288. 288 can not sustain that suburb. It is grid lock from 4 until 7. You used to be able to fly hom on 288. Not anymore.

Thanks for ruining 288 you assh0le of a suburb.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

My favorite section is the New Grenada section.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ereen__ld8g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I prefer Mangoland. Much better place.

17. Xerobull

I knew Tom Fergus would make it big after this movie.

18. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

"Real nice" if you like shopping centers and mass congestion. West Pearland is nearly unbearable now because of the piss poor planning that went into it. That side of town has far more crime than Old Pearland, including a lot of crime in Shadow Creek Ranch. The mall, movie theater, Walmart, etc. attracts everyone from the south side of Houston.

Old Pearland is hit or miss but there are much more pleasant areas to live there as opposed to the west side. I've lived in Pearland a good portion of my life, renting right now but if I decide to own in this town it will be closer to the old side of town.

19. acjeitherocket

i stay in pearland. right off 288 near walmart..me & the wife have no complaints

20. scv_rockets

scv_rockets Member

Anyone tried driving through FM 518 in Pearland from Hwy 288 to Hwy 35? My god.