1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul Reed Smith SE Custom

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by Landlord Landry, May 20, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Landlord Landry

I'm buying a semi-hollow PRS but Mrs. Landlord says this one has gotta go first.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

there are no dings or scratches on it. I had it professionally set up for drop C#. has .11's on it. I've had it as low as B# and all the way up to standard. sounds good in either direction. Top string is a little slappy in C standard and lower.

Also has PRS black humbucker plates. I have the original white/dingy yellow plates. I'll throw in a peavy vyper 15w modeling amp if someone wants/needs it.

make an offer. They go for about $700 on ebay on avg.

2. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I've wanted one for years, but I'm a lefty.

Out of curiosity, what does 'having it professionally set up for drop C#" mean?

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Things the BBS classifieds has taught me:

1) If you're going to get married, get used to not having as much cool stuff as you used to.

4. CrazyDave

Sounds like he has one really nice guitar, and he's going to replace it with another.

Things the BBS has taught me:
    Donny hates the idea of marriage.

5. Landlord Landry

haha! yea, I actually have a Rickenbacker 330 and a Yamaha acoustic plus this one. My wife has a few bass guitars and two of my kids have a guitar each.

plus a ton of amps, pedals, keyboards and two drum sets. I also have a glockenspiel. :eek: I think she is being quite reasonable.

Drop C is just a tuning. It's a lower tuning and makes for some beefier metal riffs. I had the guitar 'setup' for this tuning by a pro because lowering the tuning of the strings releases tension on the neck and it should be angled properly.

6. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

From one Rickenbacker guy to another... You're keeping the right guitar! :cool:

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

the semi hollow is an amazing guitar. My other one is worth way more and fully customized but I never play it over my semi hollow. Half the time I find myself playing it without an amp and when I do it has a really bright resonant feel to it, and you can even play some really hardcore stuff on it as opposed to other semihollows.

+ Its like SUPER light!

8. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

<3 God I want a PRS sooooo ****ing bad.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

A little personal eh bro?

Was simply making a joke about how often times classified ads include "...the wife said" etc etc. :p

10. CrazyDave

<s>Yeah, I got it. Personal? Was just joking around, Wasn't trying to hurt your feelings or anything.</s>

In light of circumstances... edited. Best wishes LL.

#10 CrazyDave, May 26, 2011
    Last edited: May 26, 2011