1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul Pierce: Harden is the best player in the world today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pandaemonaeon, Mar 10, 2019.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lol welcome to 2017

Nobody cares about Durant and his dumb 20 foot iso anymore. In fact, baiting him into taking them repeatedly got the Rockets a Hamstring/Half/Foster away from the title.

Durant peaked in 2014 at age 25 or so. It's been a decline since. Meanwhile Harden followed the opposite trend line.

2. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

kick this troll out of here

Tfor3 and Jontro like this.
  3. MD_in_Training

What kind of nonsense is this? So you judge players based on physical attributes alone? So in your opinion Andrew Wiggins is a better player than Steve Nash? I'm not saying that you're necessarily wrong that KD>Harden, but your argument is suspect.

If you want to say that Durant is a better offense player than Harden, fine. Put up some stats. See who gets more points per possession, and who has higher true shooting %. Also show us the offensive rating of his team and how many points each player is responsible for.

4. MystikArkitect

Saying Durant is a better player than Harden is akin to saying Karl Malone was better than Jordan.

Just because you’re more physically difficult to guard doesn’t make you a better player.

5. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

At this point, right now, it is completly true that Harden had the most impact on the record of our team and therefor is the best player in the league. That is also backed up by his stats.

Saying Curry or KD is laughable...we all know The Greek Freak is second and the closest to Harden.

Now if we talk about the same thing but for the past 5 years, than yes, Curry and KD are infront of Harden, but not for long trust me

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

The argument "Curry/Durant is better than Harden" in 2019 is so [​IMG]

Durant literally never lead/carried a team to anything, always played with multiple stars and had to jump on the best team ever to win something, yet he's considered so good...lol. I have more respect for Curry's impact actually, he was already in a great situation and he won without having to join to a 72-10 team.

Funny how they don't bring up that finals game where Curry got owned by Matthew Dellavedova, but i guess they deleted that from their mind cause Curry got his ass saved by Iguodala and the other 2/3 all stars he was playing with instead of Ryan Anderson...

#26 Vivi, Mar 10, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    BeBreezy, bballjunkie, Tfor3 and 6 others like this.
  7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

No matter how good Kd is, I will never in good consciousness rate him the best player in the nba league. He may have the skillset but his mentality to the game is very beta like. I hate stat padder Westbrook but I respect him more than kd p***y "5he hardest road" move.

8. amaru

amaru Member

That's exactly why they disagree with each other. 99% of the time there will be at least two different viewpoints in all of these clips because debates are interesting. Agreements are boring. People tune in to be entertained, not necessarily informed.

BaselineFade likes this.
  9. arubato

arubato Member

Harden apparently beat the 6-11 guy with handles and can shoot anywhere twice this season.

D-rock, Bearded13 and waytookrzy079 like this.
  10. arubato

arubato Member

The most stupid argument in that segment is saying that Harden is winning 6th man while KD is winning MVP in the season they are together. That was 7 years ago. If they ever team up again, I am 100% sure that Harden will be THE MAN.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

KD just can’t match Harden’s level of impact

Could KD average 35 a game? Probably, if he decided to shoot 25-26 times a night. He wouldn’t be able to create for others like Harden while doing so tho. He doesn’t make others better like Harden can. He can’t produce the 2nd best offense in the NBA like Harden with the lineups that Harden has had to work with throughout this season.

KD would still be ringless if he didn’t go to GS.

People love to bring up how Harden plays worse in the playoffs, but let’s look at the almighty KD before he decided to join a 73 win team.

13-14 regular season: 32, 7, and 6...50/39/87 shooting splits...64% TS, 30 PER

2014 playoffs: 30, 9, and 4...46/34/81 shooting splits...57% TS, 23 PER

15-16 regular season: 28, 8, and 5...51/39/90 shooting splits...63% TS, 28 PER

2016 playoffs: 28, 7, and 3...43/28/89 shooting splits...54% TS, 20 PER

plus he always had 1 of the best rosters in the league when in OKC unlike Harden

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jalen just bringing up nonsense because he knows he had no argument

Tfor3 likes this.
  13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm saying he's necessarily wrong.

Its not even a contest for the last 3 years, arguably extending back to 5.

Durant the declining player is going to slowly become a whisper trend this off season.

14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

From the Sixers Game Thread

bballjunkie and Roc Paint like this.
  15. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

It’s a testament that Harden is in this convo???? Lmao!

Harden is more skilled if he was 6’11??

You know height isn’t a skill right?? Ever seen the tallest person on a b-ball court also be the biggest scrub?

16. jowman

jowman Member

Screw the media and those brainwashed BSPN watching “fans”. They are in it for the drama and to be haters. Most probably don’t know much about basketball, and rely on the consensus opinion to avoid looking dumb. They don’t watch Basketball games (definitely no Rockets games) and instead of formulating their own opinion they are spoon fed what to think by the media and hate on who is currently fashionable to hate on. You can tell because they spew the same old crap that others do on why giannis is so likeable and harden is a chucker, but when presented with facts they get angry and emotional.

The fact that the average YouTube and yahoo commenting, basement dwelling, virgin “fan” hates harden should indicate how great he is. The average and unsuccessful are usually bitter and want to hate on greatness to feel better about themselves. Just look at all the irrational hate Tom Brady still gets.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Paul Pierce is the greatest basketball mind of our generation. I have often said that.

Y2JT likes this.
  18. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

He's such a front-runner. We did our best work when the Warriors ran their offense through him. He was screwing up in games 6 and 7 when we were ahead; Curry and Thompson bailed his ass out by going off and taking the momentum back, then he started playing well again and stole all the glory. In that respect I appreciate Russ more; he may not make the best decisions most of the time, but at least when it's do or die time he's a savage.

Bearded13 and pippendagimp like this.
  19. rocketseagles07

KD can’t be that guy.... the steph argument is more valid. The warriors are 24-25(last time I checked) when kd is on the floor but Steph sits. Steph is the engine. KD is probably the best scorer in the league when you include efficiency but he can’t get guys involved like harden.

I just really don’t think there’s a best player right now seeing as Lebrons reign is probably over. If harden has a phenomenal playoff run(not saying he has to win a ship) he gets the nod

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I agree with Paul Pierce. Paul Pierce also hates on LeBron any chance he gets lol. End result is still true.