1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul Pierce: Can we just give James Harden the NBA MVP already?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

No kidding. This is what you call pathetic. It’s no wonder he couldn’t lead his team anywhere. He’s bitter and insecure.

Zboy and bacliff like this.
  2. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Tmac such a loser

Zboy likes this.
  3. gortexcoat

gortexcoat Member

Arjun b vasan helped, you welcome for the letters team rockets!

4. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

The irony of Hardens performance right now is that even if he DOES get this years MVP barring injury he’ll do this again NEXT year and will show it was more then warranted.....

but even if he DOESNT get this years MVP he’ll do this again NEXT year showing everyone in the media that he SHOULD’VE been awarded the MVP and the media once AGAIN screwed it up.

In others words this isn’t a one off, this isn’t a WB year, or let’s give it to the best player on the best team BS, Hardens play is a constant and he just gets better

5. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

It's true. The award is broken. Harden should be at least a 3 times MVP, but he lost out because they're inconsistent/bias as hell with their selection.

buffalobills!!! and Rock Block like this.
  6. smp

smp Member

Who is the dominant big that Harden plays with Tmac? Surely he isn't thinking of the guy who got manhandled last night.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The award isn't broken. Westbrook's win was obviously stupid, no arguments there, but the other year's it has been justified.

Giannis is going to win this year because he's putting up absurd stats, is one of the best defensive players in the league, and is leading the best team in the league. He is deserving, and has the same argument Harden had last year. Harden could have won it, but as I said, the team didn't show up far too many games. It's not complicated.

8. s3ts

s3ts Member

You know after all these years, I just realized...

Yao should've been the one, not T-Mac. The league and the team had it all wrong.

That 08-09 team virtually replaced T-Mac with Ron Artest, and a come-out year from Aaron Brooks the Blur.

And we pushed that championship Lakers team to 7 games from the 5th seed.

We should've traded T-Mac earlier when we had the chance.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

Harden is carrying the load for DiCaprio. But I just don't know who is playing the role of DiCaprio on this team.

10. Rock Block

Supporting Member

Yea, Harden is not putting up absurd stats.....really?

Face it, its broken and the reason is the media, THE MOST IMPACTUL group keeps changing the reasoning why a certain player should or does win it every year. Sure Giannis has an argument but Harden should still be nudging him out but because Harden won it last year and the media is just DYING to give it anyone but Harden Giannis is a front runner when in reality he should be trailing Harden if we had a running total going. I’m biased sure but all things considered Harden should beat him out even if it’s by a close margin.

Houstunna likes this.
  11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I never said Harden isn’t putting up absurd stats. He is. He just doesn’t have the team success Giannis has to go with it.

I’m not saying I agree with it. I’m just saying voters are going to ding him for it, and it was entirely avoidable. The Rockets just chose not to show up for tons of games, and that’s what’s going to hurt him in the end.

Andy Sheets and Rock Block like this.
  12. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Actually, it was meant to be AD's year but when that went to pot they anointed Giannis as next in line. He is great but he is no Harden. He relies on LBJ's bully ball. They were never giving it to Harden no matter what he did. I truly believe that. The problem now is that he has made them look horrifically bad like that year Harden won the player's award and the Brodie year. This should be his 4th and he will do it again next year with the same result. The only award Harden can look forward to is Finals MVP. He needs to springboard this **** and screw up all of their plans and make them look like the rigged corrupt POS they really are. I felt the media gave it to him last year as a concession prize so that he would go away. They obviously don't like him.

buffalobills!!! and Rock Block like this.
  13. Rock Block

Supporting Member

Correct, which is what I’m saying, since when should a few losses to a couple bad teams wipe out what he’s done and continues to do? For God’s sake MIL just lost to PHX, twice.

Maybe they should create the metrics, throw them in a damn computer and let it decide every year so that at least we know a “narrative” didnt decide the damn award.

14. gotsis

gotsis Member

I'm a Mcgrady fan since he was one of the players that got me hooked to the NBA. But he is a horrible analyst. As if other team's systems aren't tailored to their best players strenghts.

That's like saying Curry should be penalized in a MVP race because GSW sets screens for him. Makes no sense.

He just seems jealous Harden came over and produced much more he could ever imagine in a rockets jersey, so he downplays achievements that not even Jordan accomplished.

15. Rock Block

Supporting Member

LOL, sorry, I'm salty as f*ck about this and haven't resigned myself that Harden may get screwed again., ok semi-screwed since Giannis is having a worthy year I just think Hardens is better this year.

You can use the old debate with these two, Take Giannis off and Harden off each team, who wins more games? Harden is far and away the teams MVP to his team...You can never make me believe Giannis couldl carry the Rockets like Harden has in the West

#35 Rock Block, Mar 21, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    s3ts and J Sizzle like this.
  16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

If GA gets MVP it won't be so much that GA was given MVP but rather they did NOT give it to Harden

It's not about awarding GA, it's about screwing Harden

17. Rock Block

Supporting Member

I'm betting if Harden was posting **** every day on IG and Tweeter and all that stupid social media shiit, getting political and rolling like Durant and LeStat the entire MSM would be all over his jock. Problem for them is that isn't Harden's nature and they don't t feel close to him, he's kind of an enigma and they cant stand it

RocketRed4life and Tfor3 like this.
  18. wesbound

wesbound Member

McGrady, sounds like a lil b****... Kept saying it's the systems.. Give Harden his props already!
    If it's solely JUST THE SYSTEM, then every star player that MDA had coached will put up #s remotely close to what Harden is putting up & or breaking records left & right... but none is even accomplishing close to half of what Harden is doing..
    Tracy was the man... but he was never able to give us what he intended to when he was with us now he's sour to the guy that's giving us a way better chance of taking us to the promise land than him

19. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Harden is putting up better stats. Harden is also one of the best defenders in the league this season, and he's also had to play carry a injury hit squad for a lot of games. We was 11-14 and 14th in the conference when Harden took over..... and now we're 3rd.

Giannis is having a good season, but Harden is having a historic one.

Rock Block likes this.
  20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

U know how tmac is not a good analyst, not only that harden take wasnt good but they also asked about the Lakers n he went to the stock Lakers had injurys n they was kn 4th when lbj went down...if u either used those to excuses n not say ayyyy they were one two loses from the 10 seed to lol...n that with lbj Lakers had a losing record. He was trying to stick up for his boy luke. Him n Luke are really good friends. He wasnt being a analyst. Its sad