1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Patterson - maybe not as bright a star as originally thought

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vince, Mar 14, 2012.

1. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

he can't be a star until he developes his post moves. i have been saying this since he joined rox.

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

I thought Patterson had a fairly good chance to approach the Horace Grant/Charles Oakley type of impact as a solid all-around PF, adjusting for less physical nature of NBA today. Not sure if that's a star, but pretty damn good. I still think that's a good possibility.

I thought there was an outside chance that he could develop more moves in his offensive arsenal to be a 20ppg guy on offense. So far that's looking pretty bad. Still, we're basically looking at 1 1/2 seasons worth of games, with a crappy lockout/coaching-change to go along with it. Still too soon to judge either way.

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I think we saw during this Clippers game the potential for Patterson to refine his post game. He was making his middle of the post moves look easy, and that baseline turnaround hook from 15 ft away with 2-3min left was Hakeem-esque.

4. HombreDeHierro

Too bad he got hit on the arm but of course the refs wouldn't call that on Blake punkbitch griffin

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>This game shows how biased &amp; one sided the **** are in this league. Wish we had a superstar. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%2523smh">#smh</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%2523nocalls">#nocalls</a>. Still proud of how we fought.</p>&mdash; Patrick Patterson (@pdpatt) <a href="https://twitter.com/pdpatt/status/181147927799009280" data-datetime="2012-03-17T22:40:06+00:00">March 17, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. gah

gah Member

Did he really get hit? I was watching it with the Clippers broadcast and of course they wouldn't mention it or repeat it. Is that why Patrick is exposing himself to get Villanueva'd with that tweet? Gotta say Patrick has been getting my hopes up, definitely looking more comfortable with his moves.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Wow, he's probably going to get fined for that. Can't disagree with him, though!

8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I like how he censored 'refs'. Hopefully he doesn't get fined.

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Wow, Ppat is pissed!

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

'My account was hacked!'

Ha.

$25,000 fine coming your way ; )

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I actually love the fire. Sometimes I think I don't see it when he is on the court, but this tweet shows he has the passion for winning (whereas the tweets of dumbasses like T-Will showed they were completely self-centered and didn't care much about winning).

12. s3ts

s3ts Member

i keep making the same comparison, mainly because i want someone like Landry back so much.

but the biggest contrast between the PPat and Landry is that Landry was aggressive and explosive. we rarely see PPat be explosive, and i've never seen him be aggressive. goes to show that he is a bit too cautious, because he's definitely capable of being both.

13. cuddie

cuddie Member

Anyone got his 4th quarter highlights from today? Straight took Griffin to school. (Mostly)

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The last foul he got, Griffin reached around and hit his arm several times, and no call. Then Pat had to turn, fake Griffin out of his socks and shoot while Griffin was coming down on him, leaving the refs out of excuses not to make the call.

15. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

I really like the progress ppat had today with his posts moves. Keep it up ppat.

16. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

fixed

17. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I wish Pat was as aggressive as Landry was.

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I hope he does not get a fine for that one.

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Patterson: "Wish we had a superstar".

Agreed. Work your tail off in the offseason and earn the ref's respect by playing like a star next year instead of a "backseat player". :)

20. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

He will.