1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Patterson - maybe not as bright a star as originally thought

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vince, Mar 14, 2012.

1. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

Drexler, Hardaway, Peja, Ridnour, Humpries, Brewer.

I don't disagree with you though.

2. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The next Malik Allen? I don't think anyone honestly thought he was going to be an all-star.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Hump sucked for the longest time in Toronto

4. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Sophomore slump, or comeback of the year?

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He is easily the more reliable midrange shooter on our team. He needs to work on his post moves. And he has lost some of his aggressiveness since the surgery at the beginning of the season.

We need to trade Scola to free him up as the starter.

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Don't worry, we hype alot of players, like that up on clutch fans. There was a minority crowd hyping up David Andersen as our future center.

Don't get me started on V-Span, Marcus Morris, James White, Joey Dorsey, or even Jeremy Lin.

7. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Just another asset. I love this dude, but I know if I take out my personal attachment to the guy and focus on the player, and the player only, he's no better than Taj Gibson and Taj Gibson doesnt ever get a mention around here.

8. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Surgery + Hard Fall + hair cut = ultimate sophomore slump.
    I think Patterson has been showing potential on the post. His jumpshot is reliable, and his defense is excellent.

9. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

I think he will have a way better year next season but one thing he needs to start doing is dunk the freaking ball!!!! Enough with these soft layups when you can dunk it with authority.

10. Vainqueur

Vainqueur Member

Steve Novak

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Voice of reason. Rep for you.

12. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Another casualty of the Adelman for McHale swap?

13. echu888

echu888 Member

while the Rockets are searching for the superstar, every team needs a good stable of Horace Grant, Robert Horry, Otis Thorpe caliber players. PPat will fill that out very nicely..

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

There isnt one coach that wouldnt want Patterson on their bench. He's a solid, smart player. I dont know if you guys expected him to the 2nd coming of Hakeem or something, but he's good. At the 14th pick I dont know what you expect.

15. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Ahhh an yet another day in the lives of "Our Rockets young player XXXXXX will be an all star" turns.

Homer rated drafts is all he has done.

16. jocar

jocar Member

his hustle and mid-jumper will keep him in the nba, developing an inside game will make him a starter on most teams

17. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

He is what he is. He's a solid player with limited upside,but known contributions. He won't win you many games, but he won't lose you many either.Solid starter which is what every rocket player is.Lowry,scola,martin,lee,parson,patterson,dalembert,and dragic are all solid starters in the league. No shame in that, its what it is.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just as much as I think he needs to develop an inside game, I think he needs to develop an outside game.

Let the three balls fly Patrick...

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

Peja, Drexler, and Hardaway were not "average" 14th picks. Unless you can name me about 10-20 players better than them at that spot.

20. dartherus

dartherus Member

Some fans here are so hard on Scola, surgery is a good excuse for a slow start of 2pat, but not for Scola.

About age, at Patterson' s age Scola was already a Superstar in Europe, first, he was vital part of that historic game where for the first time a Dream Team was defeated (worldcup). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT2bH--_iUc

Then at the olympics, he was co-mvp, head to head with the best possible Manu Ginobili then.

He had a 14 million euro buyout, that' s why he couldn't come before to NBA, not because he was not good enough.

When a player has star material, it is shown from very young age, and excuse me, but I don't see such material in 2pat.

For me, it seems that outside Houston, Scola ir more valued.
    A small example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C18HVpszHaQ