1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Patterson - maybe not as bright a star as originally thought

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vince, Mar 14, 2012.

1. onreego

onreego Member

Do you see this trend happening with Parsons?

2. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Patt didn't get ***** for minutes last year, all the optimism was based on his skills, not stats.

You must be high.

3. cardpire

cardpire Member

who knows. hope not.

4. amaru

amaru Member

I never thought he was a star. You usually don't find that kind of talent at 14

5. cardpire

cardpire Member

sorry, was just making the point that none of these draftees are really panning out as hoped.

6. Balakoth

Balakoth Member

Ahhh good ol clutchfans..the place where we bash our great players. If it wasnt for patsquatch's block on ibaka last night we would have lost

7. Raven

Raven Member

Gotta love those NBA ready players!

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

when did anybody ever say that a player who is on the court is incapable of making a play or that he is terrible?? you must not have read the title of the thread before you posted.

9. pass_to_Hakeem

yeah ...he wont be a Super Star , and may never be an All Star ... he could start for a lot of teams in the NBA as well as Houston, but that doesn't mean Super Star status ..not quite sure how anybody would think he would be ?

10. Red&BlackPudman

Solid starter that serves as a role player. I don't see star potential here.

11. Child_Plz

Child_Plz Member

He just finished recovering from ankle surgery, added with a lack of a normal training camp and new coach.

Give him more time.

12. cdastros

cdastros Member

If he could change his mid range jumper to three point shots, he can increase his value to the team.

13. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

He has no post moves and no attitude, and who cares how much athleticism he has if he never uses it? He never goes out of his way for rebounds and never ever ever dunks the ball even when he is all alone at the basket. I just dont see any of those things changing, hopefully im wrong because if he does change he has a chance to be a legit player in this league.

14. vince

vince Member

My intent of the thread was to get y'all idea of how he is playing. I know he's talented, but his numbers don't add up. Like I said at the begining, I don't see the Rockets on T.V. because I don't have cable, if I ever stream a game it's so grainy and with the buffering, it's too much trouble. I listen to them on the Radio.

I was asking what is everyone seeing when he plays!

He's very good on the defense, but in a team that does not have stars like the Rockets, every player needs to play both ways.

Heck Chandler Parson "Mr. Defense", is showing he more than capable on the offensive end. Lowry, Drogic, Lee, all are showing they can do it on both ends of the court.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

30 minutes a game? Better make that 36-ish....that's why your projected numbers are so low and why he doesn't look as bright. If you take into consideration his injury and lack of training camp, he's probably just hitting his stride right now...

16. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Great reply

17. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Normally i would agree with you but the weaknesses i see where still there last year when he was healthy, soft attitude, not a great rebounder, cant dunk, doesnt play strong, all were there last year too.

18. Htown's2kFinest

Since he's come into the league I haven't seen one thing that screams future star in Patterson. Good starting role player maybe but if he ever becomes a star I'd be surprised.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He could be a Haslem type player for a contender, but also block some shots. That's good considering where he was drafted IMO. I'm fine with Patterson. He has met my expectations and he still has plenty of room to improve.

20. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I keep wondering the way some of you detractors are describing PPatt if we are watching the same player. I think we all can at least agree that he is not a bust, unless you guys were expecting more from a 14th pick.