1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Baldwin Jr

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by i3artow i3aller, Oct 31, 2021.

1. sydmill

sydmill Member

I think he is more likely to end up a high level role player than a centerpiece but I really like him. At 6'9'', 220 I think he could be a hell of a stretch 4. I also like Jabari Smith as a similarly sized stretch 4 who maybe is a little longer and more athletic but who doesn't have as good of a shot as Baldwin.

Believe It! likes this.
  2. i3artow i3aller

3. weopeo9744

weopeo9744 Member

I like his game a lot, feels like a bigger Tyler Herro

Big frame, can really dribble the ball with such a nice feel of game.

Can play both on ball and off ball

shot is as pure as MPJ.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Intriguing prospect in the mid-lotto
    He has incredible size at the 3 spot, can face up and drive to the hoop, and has a very nice looking shot.

Needs some work, needs to toughen up, but the oversize wing scorers who can slide to the small ball 4 and switch back on screens are the current "NBA meta"

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

IF ROX slip out of the top 3 this is the guy who they should go after. Fits into the same vision at PF you would have with the top of the draft guys.

jnuge90 and futilman like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Approved.

Tyler Herro has the cooler look.

7. futilman

futilman Member

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but he seems to have pretty good decision making as well. We really need more bball smarts on this team from young guys or we will be destined to be the kings of the last 10 years. It’s super rare to have rooks like Alpi, Barnes, and Mobley understand the game at such a young age and I’d take Baldwin in a heartbeat if he has that.

I can’t stand how turnover prone we are, and I think we should only accept turnover prone players if they have legitimate star potential.

8. sydmill

sydmill Member

I wouldn't be upset with Baldwin though I prefer Keegan Murray. I do worry about Baldwin's defense at the 4 though. I might be more on board with Baldwin if the Rockets could get Tari Eason with the Miami pick. Super athletic combo forward that plays D from LSU.

9. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Your analysis was spot on. He should have gone to a different program where he was not the centerpiece. He had zero help. I think he would have looked completely different on a better squad as more of a really good complimentary player with good size, nice handles, a great shot and high BBIQ.

I think after dropping he is going to be a steal for whatever team gers him in the bottom half of the first round.