1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pat Bev on the trade block?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jun 18, 2017.

1. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

2. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

#1 fan favorite would welcome a trade. From the 3rd seed in the west, a perfectly defined role...Harden is looking worse and worse

lw17 likes this.
  3. finsraider

finsraider Member

Bev should garner a mid first from an aspiring playoff team. Chicago at #16 makes a lot of sense for both sides and Bev himself.

I don't see a trade for Butler getting done, which means they will try to retool around him. Beverley, Wade and Butler is a very solid starting backcourt. Assuming they get development from their bigs, that could reset their direction for the future.

From Houston's standpoint, Gordon + #16 + Rockets 2019 1st will probably look good to Indiana....

#203 finsraider, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    Deuce likes this.
  4. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

It's a money thing mainly, he wants the extension and Rockets don't want to budge at the moment on it

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

the Rockets aren't gonna give Bev his next contract, so he wants to go to a team where he's better able to showcase himself and get the money he's seeking

Morey has something up his sleeve and is trying to make so major moves, Bev didn't bring up CP3's name on accident...role players like Gallinari and Ibaka aren't gonna do sh*t

6. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

No way Morey is just dangling PAT for a scrub like Lowry or a throw in. There is def something brewing within thw rockets organizations and I have 3 theories:
    1) Pat will be traded to OKC for WB bc OKC def needs to rebuild.
    2) Pat and Gordon to Indy for George than sign CP3
    3) PAT, Ariza, future 2nd, and 1st for George

7. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

yea more than likely money, and also the rockets see as a opportunity to get the best value, while also trying to save cap space,
    for CP3, or whoever they are after..

I think Morey knows that they will not win a championship with this team , he needs to take risk and trade valuable role players.
    He has to make sure he does this while Harden is stil in his prime and not waste any more years for his prime.
    Hopefully he pulls off a big splash/./

8. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

**** harden. Because he quit on the team we gotta trade bev

lw17 likes this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Probably trying to get an additional pick for PG.

Or Rockets have a confirmation for Chris Paul that he's coming. Bev is such a fantastic fit for this team, he's the heart, he's a the ultimate 3&D PG next to Harden on a dirt cheap contract for 2 more seasons. If we trade him there has to be a good reason behind it.

10. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Milwaukee: Pat Beverley
    Indiana: #17, Sam Dekker, future 1 (HOU)
    Houston: Paul George

Deuce, BHannes2BHonest and BigMaloe like this.
  11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I keep forgetting that's a thing. Ok. Completely understandable now.

DonKnock likes this.
  12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Warriors fans we're so outraged when the team traded fan favorite Monta Ellis that they booed the owner during a jersey retirement ceremony.

Fan favorite does not directly translate to success. Talent does.

Killatron 2000 and BigMaloe like this.
  13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

LMFAO at people blaming harden for anything related to Beverley. Just smfh...

This is clearly trying to get an asset to dangle for a star. Like how we traded lowry and landed the #12 and flipped for harden. Detroit is 12 and looking for win now. Is Bev worth the #12? I'm not sure but let's say maybe it is, well that's a lottery pick.

Morey is ALWAYS trying to trade up into the draft. Why does anything surprise you?

Stop blaming everything on harden FFS

Deuce, ZJP3, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  14. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Paul George and Chris Paul becoming available has zero correlation with Harden's play in G5 and G6

15. anchel

anchel Member

Hahah Panic mode for a shitty rumour. Pat is not going anywhere unless Morey has an all-star point guard apalled.
    Pat is on my favourites, but knowing that he will be a Rocket unless we sign Chris Paul or Lowry it keeps me in calm.

16. malakas

malakas Member

Yeah..while Milwaukee is one of the best fits for Bev , not giving up the 17th pick for him. If someone can take back Henson's or Teletovic's contract then maybe.

17. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

The Clippers started shopping DJ yesterday, pretty good indicator they don't expect their core back.

Reeko likes this.
  18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

My ex-wife left me because of James Harden. It's all his fault!

19. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

exactly- I dont mind Bev getting traded, Morey is trying to win a championship, and if that means trading Beverly for a pick/ or that set up the next move, im for it

BigMaloe likes this.
  20. lw17

lw17 Member

Sure, why not? Let's get rid of a guy who actually plays his ass off..........

#220 lw17, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017