1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pass the damn ball MOBLEY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3, Dec 18, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Is he told to get the ball on each play or does he do it himself? He doesnt even look at any players, just plays one on one ball the whole game. I seriously think hes one of the quickest players in basketball but I would trade him in a heartbeat. He can play very good one on one sometimes but that doesnt win rings.

LEARN HOW TO PASS THE ****EN BALL!

2. Major

Major Member

That would interfere with Mobley's quest to lead the league in shots. Making them is just a bonus. Nevermind that every other player on the team tonight (except Walt) is shooting better and scoring more pts / shot them him. All that matters is that he gets to shoot.

3. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Mobley is the cream of the crop talent wise.

The thing with Mobley that kills me though is his inability to read the defenses. For instance, tonight it seemed Portlands defense was consistently geared to stop Mobes, though Mobley seemed geared to win the game all by himself. Mobley could of really set the tempo tonight by making his move then quickly passing instead of making his move and forcing and forcing himself toward the basket or worse, taking an extremely quick shot. Most of the time when Mobley had the ball the defenses seem to pull and lean toward Mobley.If Mobley would of read this properly he could of picked apart Portlands zoning and then collapsing-in defense with timely passes.

4. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

Hasn't he had this problem for a few years? I think if he was shooting better we wouldn't be b****ing so much but since he's got the Walt syndrome now we notice it much more.

5. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Over the past couple of games I thought Mobley didn't shoot enough. But tonight he shot way too much. He was terrible from the field and his shot selection was pretty bad.

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

i thought maxwell used to have a bad shot selection even playing with hakeem, but mobley takes the cake

7. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

here's a key example in tonight's portland game.

The Rockets have the ball down 82-77. and Mobley comes up court and jacks up 20-21 ft jumper with like 19 seconds left on the shot clock.

I was livid at that point. Just a horrible shot, and of course he missed.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Mobley is just plain STUPID. The guy is too darned dumb to realize when he is out of control.

When the Rockes pass the ball they are in the game, but for at least 7-8 minutes every game, they go JUCO one on one basketball, and it KILLS them everytime, and MOBLEY is the one who usually screws the pooch.

I am getting fed up with him. Talented yes, good team player...HELL NO !!

DaDakota

9. Hydra

Hydra Member

Unless you go by stupid things like FG%, in which case Oz also shot worse than Mobley, not that things like facts matter to the Mobley haters.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hydra,

El Torro had a TERRIBLE shooting night, but the difference is that Oscar rarely looks out of control or tries to do it on his own.

Mobley does, and that is the problem, it is a team game.

DaDakota

11. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Yeah. Oscar usually shoots good. On the season he's shooting 45.5%. and Mobley's shooting 42.1% from the field.

12. Band Geek Mobster

For the love of God, please shorten your sig...

13. leebigez

Torres seem to be a good mid range shooter off the picks. It would be nice to get him more of those shots instead of the long ones. Mobley doesn't think any shot is a bad shot.

14. Major

Major Member

<B>Unless you go by stupid things like FG%, in which case Oz also shot worse than Mobley, not that things like facts matter to the Mobley haters.</B>

As you may notice by the time of the post, I posted late in the game. At the time, I believe Torres had the better shooting percentage.

Regardless, let's see:

Griffin: 7 shots, 8 pts
    Cato: 5 shots, 12 pts
    Norris: 11 shots, 22 pts
    Willis: 6 shots, 10 pts
    Morris: 6 shots, 8 pts

Walt: 3 shots, 0 pts
    Torres: 17 shots, 11 pts
    Mobley: 28 shots, 21 pts

Good thing Mobley thinks that run-down-the-court-and-jack-up-a-dumbass-shot is a proper thing to do over passing to any number of teammates that were having much better nights. My question is why the other Rockets even bother running down the floor and setting up an offense if Mobley is bringing the ball up.

15. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Band Geek Mobster: I changed my sig. Is it better now? I'm sorry if it was annoying.

16. Band Geek Mobster

Thanks man, they were good quotes, but it was kind of annoying having to scroll through a page just to get past them.

:cool:

17. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Yeah. I can see what you mean. You were right. I was just so mad at that stupid ref that I added that long quote by Mobley too it and it got too big.

18. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

You know what? You guys are blind as a bat. Mobley didn't screw up. Francis did. He and his Plantar fiscitis and dwi is ruining this team. Cuttino has done all he can to rescue this team.

If Steve weren't to busy drinking and driving, maybe this team wouldn't have lost 14 in a row?

Why pass the ball when you know your teammate is gonna miss it?

#18 gr8-1, Dec 19, 2001
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2001
  19. leebigez

I remember early in Jordan and Hakeems career they would shoot over 2 and 3 players, but it would be a good shot. It wasn't until they trusted their teammates that they started winning rings. Mobley is and will never be close to those two. He should pass the damn ball.

20. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Oh great one..GET SOME SLEEP.Your sounding tired.