1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Panic Button Time - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by cwebbster, May 9, 2023.

?

Panic Time????

1. Yes

43 vote(s)
    37.7%
  2. No

45 vote(s)
    39.5%
  3. STFU

26 vote(s)
    22.8%
  1. BlindHog

BlindHog Member

Panic!
    Are we talking modified stationary panic, or are we talking full bore linear panic? Cuz I am too old for that business. It is a lot of effort and you never know where you are going to wind up at. Last time I went into a full bore linear panic I didn't stop till got all the way to a taco stand in El Passo. I ran through a heard of goats in Pecos and when they panicked I took turns riding and being ridden by one of them for the last 70 miles.

Marshall Bryant likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I've got one finger on the button still. Pending the rest of our Rangers series. Stay tuned.

4. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Way too late to panic. 10 games is basically putting one's faith that the baseball gods will allow the Astros to play to their ability.

Wulaw Horn and Snake Diggit like this.
  6. Radricky

Radricky Member

I hit yes so hard my finger cracked my phone

Stephen66 likes this.
  7. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

The time to panic, organizationally at least, was around the all star break. Doesn’t look like they heeded those warnings though. As @Joe Joe said it’s no longer panic time - destiny has taken over.

8. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Panic NEVER makes you better. It just lulls you into justifying making things worse.

But this is not the same as realizing there are problems that need to be dealt with. Even then, you must remain level headed as you set about making improvements in your situation. This is the, "Courage to change that which can be changed" part. But this should be done with a sound and sobre mind, not in a panic.

Regarding Dusty. He falls into the "accept the things which cannot be changed" category. He is untouchable and I suspect for many reasons behind the scenes.

O God and Heavenly Father,
    Grant to us the serenity of mind to accept that which cannot be changed; courage to change that which can be changed, and wisdom to know the one from the other, through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.

Stephen66 likes this.
  9. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

As this dude puts his mark more and more on the organization, things continue to slide into mediocrity. I hope and pray this is Dusters (and Moldy's) last year with the Astros. If not, I will have to step away next year because my frustration level is too high for my mental health. We have not bought a single ticket this year because it's too expensive to go and watch Dusty's pets flail away while true ballers sit on the pine.

Radricky and roadtrip like this.
  10. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

I wonder if Crane knows how many long time very invested fans (everybody that takes time to post here is invested) hate how Dusty manages and what he has done to their Fandom?

I wish there was some kind of online petition or letter that can be posted for fans to sign.

If Crane saw such a thing with a couple thousand signatures it would open his eyes.

Stephen66 likes this.
  11. BlindHog

BlindHog Member

I am sure the team has employees whose function is to collect and report that very information. Unfortunately what they report is tainted by their desire to keep their boss happy. The closer to the top they are the greater their incentive to sugar coat their reports.

Stephen66 likes this.
  12. Qan

Qan Member

I'm not sure about that, but Dusty probably would care and would make sure to show up the fans since he doesn't care about fans' feelings, stats, and opinions.

Stephen66 likes this.
  13. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

ATABOY Moldy

14. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Wondering when was the last time the Astros lost 6 series in a row?

15. Buck Turgidson

Honest Question, No Shame:

How many of yall were old enough to remember that Tombstone in 2005?

mtbrays, cmlmel77, arkoe and 3 others like this.
  16. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

I remember, I was 35, figured they were dead but they rose from the dead, still have the clincher in STL. on VHS.

17. Buck Turgidson

Give me a ****ing break.

"online petition"? Oh..."or a letter posted for fans to sign"

18. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

It is now time to panic.

19. Buck Turgidson

Oh yeah? Now?

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As a fan of a Houston sports it’s always either revel in the misery of a terrible team or panic they your team don’t hold on