1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pandemic Work from Home Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SamFisher, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Webcams are, apparently, the toilet paper of tech products.

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Dude knew what she was unto as soon as she started walking,

Watch the grin on his face the whole time.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Quarantined Umpire Cleans His Entire Home With Tiny Brush

[​IMG]

Richie_Rich, arkoe, Xerobull and 3 others like this.
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I’m noticing that the more social people that are 100% wfh are struggling. I’m advocating the use of webcams for a little more of a personal interaction but I’m getting some resistance from the slackers, which underscores my second point that using webcams forces people into a more normal routine of getting up and making themselves presentable. I know from having three kids that routine is crucial for people, because when it’s gone it’s meltdown city for everyone.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

By the way, I saw a slew of 'Greatest' generation retire after 9/11, which was the Big Event for Gen X. This is the Big Event for Millennials and the tipping point for Boomers.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL... I received one I ordered (Logitech C920HD) from Logitech. Placed the order 3/24 and it arrived 3/30. My next wait will be a USB microphone (Fifine K669B)... they are right alongside webcams, toilet paper and hand sanitizer.

7. Buck Turgidson

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'll mess with flour around my bunghole, but I'll leave this one to the future thinking crypto bros.

Carl Herrera likes this.
  9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

So...It's been, I don't know, over a month since I started working from home...Still sucks...yes, we do team meetings now, which help, but how the hell am I going to yell at anybody from home lol...but seriously, it still sucks...being at home, my highlight of this past weekend was driving 10 miles to get mediocre food...

10. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

I wonder what's the % split between office workers and all the new cam girls out there.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Webex is such a joke. First 10 minutes of every meeting is spent trying to figure out where all the feedback and echo is coming from. So everyone in the meeting ends up having to mute to get rid of it......then of course they forget they're on mute when they start talking, and so it goes on and on and on..... even when it gets going, it's as if you're on a dial-up connection with everyone constantly freezing and skipping.

TRAIN-WRECK

Meanwhile, my wife and kids use Zoom for their school and have no problems whatsoever.

mikol13, SamFisher and B-Bob like this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Best feature of zoom is to hold the spacebar to talk so you can be on mute by default

NewRoxFan likes this.
  13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

the Cone of Silence has made its glorious return! At last!

ima_drummer2k likes this.
  14. Carl Herrera

When some students’ microphones are not muted, I hear a lot of background conversations in the home. Not every one has their own work/study from home space or equipment, at least not when all the family members need to get on at the same time.

15. Carl Herrera

I did a search for the word “webcam” on reddit for news about the shortage. The search results were, well... not exactly safe for work (from home or otherwise).

B-Bob likes this.
  16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

[​IMG]

B-Bob likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Used to work at Cisco (Webex is a Cisco product). Use Zoom for church meetings and family meetings. Zoom is an easier to use platform (and uses less resources). Wish they had "blur" as a background option (like Microsoft Teams). The Zoom virtual backgrounds are more distracting.

I do like how as host its quick and easy to find out the noisy participant (to mute them). The new "waiting room" requirement is more like Webex option to require the host to admit each participant. I know they did that to address meeting hackers but when you are scrambling to set up your screen shares at the last minute its distracting to have to stop and admit each participant.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Had a job making loyalty apps for a large company for restaurants, saw that was going to be in trouble had 2 other offers, got furloughed in the loyalty gig, took a month off and start new gig in May.

Enjoying the time off a lot.

DD

19. cebu

cebu Member

Is everyone gettting enough sex in this trying times? :D

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This new game "hammer a nail into a board" gets 5 stars in the backyard app store.