1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pacquiao VS Cotto

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Rox225, Jul 21, 2009.

?

Pacquiao VS Cotto - Who Wins and How?

1. Pacquiao - TKO/KO

89 vote(s)
    80.9%
  2. Pacquiao - Decision

12 vote(s)
    10.9%
  3. Cotto - TKO/KO

6 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Cotto - Decision

3 vote(s)
    2.7%
  1. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

The Pac-Man is stepping back into the ring against Miguel Cotto in November, and it promises to last longer than Pacquiao VS Hatton. Who's your money on? I have Pac-Man in an 8 round TKO/KO. I think Cotto is game but he bleeds too easy, and the flurry of punches Pacquiao will be throwing will eventually overwhelm him.

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Hundred on Pac. ;)

3. VanityHalfBlack

Pac-man is too fast and his defense is very underrated...

4. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Pac-man. Chomp! Chomp! Chomp!

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Pacquiao.

First the Mexican Assassin,
    then the Mexican American Assassin,
    then the British Assassin,
    soon-to-be the Puerto Rican Assassin. :eek:

6. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Cotto can match Pacquiao's speed with his godly timing and shotgun jab, but his stamina is absolute crap and his 45 degree guard makes him open to shots up the middle. I expect Cotto to be winning after 6 but develop some swelling and fade down the stretch as Pacquiao beats him to the punch and dominates the second half of the fight en route to a UD.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Cotto has never really lost so this will be an interesting fight. If he could stand plaster for 10 rounds I think he is a tough guy.

Depending on weight it could go either way.

8. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Margs ruined Cotto with his plaster hand wraps. Cotto looked like **** against Clottey (who isn't a big puncher), and now has scar tissue on his face that opens easily. This is an obvious Arum in house cash out

9. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

I'm asian but I don't think my man Pacquiao can beat Cotto. He's young, stronger and bigger. No way. I already made a bet, 2-1. :)

10. Dei

Dei Member

Anybody have problems with them fighting at 145?

11. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Pac took the easy fight. He wants no part of Shane or Floyd

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Shane Mosley? 38 year old Shane Mosley? The one that lost to Cotto?

13. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Anyone that bets against the Pac-Man right now is a fool!!!

14. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Wasn't it Floyd who decided to take the fight with Marquez instead of waiting to see if Pacquiao won the fight with Hatton? IMO, Floyd is overrated. You tell me what top fighters he's fought in their prime? As for Mosley, I wouldn't mind seeing that fight. His loss to Cotto could be argued either way and he's shown lately that he still has gas in the tank.

15. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Pac wins this by TKO unless Cotto decides to use his usual low blows to give himself the upper hand. Cotto doesn't have a chance, his defense is terrible. He keeps his hands too high and always leaves himself open for uppercuts and powerful hooks. Both of which Pac can throw with speed and power. As for Cotto never really losing.. he lost against Marg..sure it is questionable because Tony might have cheated, but he lost. And I am guessing you didn't see the fight again Clottey. Only reason he won was because they were fighting in New York, no way he won. I watched the fight 3 times, and I had Clottey winning by 1 point every time.

And as for Floyd not fighting anyone in his prime?

Genaro Hernandez (won the featherweight title)
    Angel Manfredy (sure he was overrated, but was still good opposition and in his prime)

Jesus Chavez
    Jose Luis Castillo (twice..even though I think Jose won the first by 1 point)
    he destroyed Arturo Gatti
    Beat Oscar De La Hoya
    and knocked out Ricky Hatton...

A fight between Pac and Floyd is not very likely, from a business standpoint. Him and Bob Arum don't get along, so they won't do business together. Arum will try to get Pac the bigger part of the payday, probably something like 60-40, but no way Floyd takes that, and no way Floyd even does a 50-50. So not likely to happen, plus Floyd will dominate Pacman.

I would rather see Floyd fight Mosley or Paul Williams... I think Paul Williams at this point is the only fighter than can beat Floyd. And I mean really beat him, not just dominate him. He would give Floyd a royal ass whooping, and that goes for anyone who fights Paul. Paul is a beast!

16. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Pac is only 2 years older. Cotto doesn't make his weight easily, if he loses I don't see him fighting at 146 anymore. He has to move up to 154. Cotto is bigger but hes slow. His defense will not be able to stop the constant 1-2 combos from Pac. It wll end in TKO.. I would say the 10th round. I will give Cotto one advantage, is his body punching. He is extremely accurate with that left hook to the body. If Pac catches one of those, it could turn the fight around quick. When Pac boxes he tends to keep his hands out and up a little higher.. he is short but he can still get caught with a body shot.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I wasn't all that impressed with Cotto after his last fight -- Pac gets the win setting the first piece in place for the Mayweather mega-fight.

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

With 2-1 odds I would put money on cotto.

#18 Air Langhi, Jul 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  19. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

so which part of the PHilippines are you from? :p

20. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

both fighters are warriors
    I don't know who'll win, but I hope it's as action-packed as the Mosley/Cotto fight.