1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Over under for Yao 2nite (-18)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Purvis2Short, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

I know this is one game but the games against the elite are a good measure for things to come in the playoffs.....Although I have come to the fact that Yao is a good player, he will never be the aggressive leader we need on the floor against the good teams....He let crucial rebounds escape his hands, failed to box out, get exposed on pick and rolls which can be Adelmans fault too, and has no on court awareness....He is great the first half, but the second half is a Jekyll and Hyde act...I know you guys are going to say he is tired but when does this officially become an achilles?

2. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

I loved how this deserved it's own thread.

3. choujie

choujie Member

Stupid thread by a hater. Yes, Yao is not particularly sharp tonight on boards and defense.

But if you want to use +/- as how Yao is being measureed, how about for the entire season? Yao's + 13.1 is good for 7th in the entire league. Better than Kobe, better than Duncan. That's more accurate than just one game, isn't it?

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yao stunk tonight...no doubt about it but he had company.

Most notably Battier and Artest.

DD

5. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Stupid response by a person who like to sugar coat a horrible game by his hero....I wonder what his =/- is in the second half smart guy....When the Lakers did the pick and roll with Kobe, Adelman should have substituted but there is no excuse to let rebounds roll off your hand and no seal your man off on a consistent basis....

6. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Stupid response to a good response.

You just contradicted yourself in your post. It wasn't Yao's fault now, was it? It was Idlemind's.

Please don't make crap threads.

7. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

I wonder with a screenname like yours telling me not to make threads about Yao deserves a response....Adelman deserves some credit for this lost but most of it as with documented statistically proof showed that Yao was extremely ineffective tonight....To go against the best, you have to be the best and want to be the best.

8. soulsong999

soulsong999 Member

You really can't call him stupid when you are judging Yao's +/- on just one game.

How many games out of the last 10 did Yao not seal off his man? How do you measure consistency?

9. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

You are right...I just pissed because Yao plays great against Cleveland but got out done by the teams I hate the most...Jazz and the Lakers..In the playoffs, they are all elite and this game showed me that with a healthy Bynum and Odom, we are nowhere near the Lakers class...I just hate Utah period...

10. soulsong999

soulsong999 Member

Come on, we all hate the Jazz and the Lakers, but there is no denying that they are better than we are. I am as p*ssed as could be but there is alway the next game. I am sure Yao and Ron are keen to redeem themselves and make amends. ;)

11. leonking

leonking Rookie

Lebron has the answer for you. Just send Yao to Cav for Ben and big Z and you will see.

12. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

rofl. i'd do it just for a week to see what happens. because as a rockets fan, i definitely don't want our team to fail just to prove a point. people on this board are hilarious after a loss and a victory. after a win, we're suddenly title contenders. after a loss, we hear "yao is soft". the lack of rationality in this board amazes me. if we send yao to the cavs, they'd win the championship. and if we get big z, we'd be a lottery team. sadly, many people on this board think otherwise...

13. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

knee-jerk response threads are terrific. Think about it...how many games has yao had a negative +/- number in? Relating +/- numbers to the ability to seal his man off makes absolutely no sense.

14. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

3 on 3 basketball, forget 5 on 5 for the moment

Player A shoots 10-10, for 20 points
    the others go 0 for 20 for Zero points.

They lose to the other team 20-40

Player A guy has a negative 20 (- 20) in the +/-. Is Player A supposed to make up that deficit by himself?

The guy that attempted TWICE as many shots as Yao, but made only HALF the number of shots as Yao, with those extra attempts, and had 2 more turnovers than Yao, and missed all 8 of his 3 point attempts needs to get questioned

16. jedicro

jedicro Member

Stupid response to a good response to a....ah forget it.

17. Rocketsgo

Rocketsgo Member

That is not Yao's fault. That's how Adelman's system works. In his system there is no need for superstars. Tracy got ruined and Yao is the next one to be if we still have Adelman as the coach. No discipline, too much freedom for role players.

18. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

Agreed!!!!!RA's system...........
    Oh,dont get me crazy....... :mad:

19. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Being ineffective that is what it attributes to....lets see, if you are the focus of the offense and you allow for turnovers to happen by not sealing your man and the other team scores then you are -2 pts or -3....

20. rage

rage Member

This is a crappy thread for sure ... people just don't understand the +/- numbers. You can't use it by itself.

Hey, Purvisshort guy, go back and look at the +/- numbers for many players and many games, you will see how well, or not well, they indicate a player's performance.