1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Out God We Thrust

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by giddyup, Dec 15, 2004.

1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Dear God:

Why didn't you save the school children at ?. .

Moses Lake, Washington 2/2/96

Bethel, Alaska 2/19/97

Pearl, Mississippi 10/1/97

West Paducah, Kentucky 12/1/97

Stamps, Arkansas 12/15/97

Jonesboro, Arkansas 3/24/98

Edinboro, Pennsylvania 4/24/98

Fayetteville, Tennessee 5/19/98

Springfield, Oregon 5/21/98

Richmond, Virginia 6/15/98

Littleton, Colorado 4/20/99

Taber, Alberta, Canada 5/28/99

Conyers, Georgia 5/20/99

Deming, New Mexico 11/19/99

Fort Gibson, Oklahoma 12/6/99

Santee, California 3/5/01 and

El Cajon, California 3/22/01?

Sincerely,

Concerned Student

-----------------------------------------------------

Reply:

Dear Concerned Student:

I am not allowed in schools.

Sincerely,

God

----------------------------------------------------------

How did this get started?...

-----------------

Let's see, I think it started when Madeline Murray O'Hare complained she didn't want any prayer in our schools.

And we said, OK...

------------------

Then, someone said you better not read the Bible in school, the Bible that says "thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal, and love your neighbors as yourself,"

And we said, OK...

-----------------

Dr. Benjamin Spock said we shouldn't spank our children when they misbehave because their little personalities would be warped and we might damage their self-esteem.

And we said, an expert should know what he's talking about so we won't spank them anymore..

------------------

Then someone said teachers and principals better not discipline our children

when they misbehave. And the school administrators said no faculty member in this school better touch a student when they misbehave because we don't want any bad publicity, and we surely don't want to be sued.

And we accepted their reasoning...

------------------

Then someone said, let's let our daughters have abortions if they want, and they won't even have to tell their parents.

And we said, that's a grand idea...

------------------

Then some wise school board member said, since boys will be boys and they're going to do it anyway, let's give our sons all the condoms they want, so they can have all the fun they desire, and we won't have to tell their parents they got them at school.

And we said, that's another great idea...

------------------

Then some of our top elected officials said it doesn't matter what we do in private as long as we do our jobs.

And we said, it doesn't matter what anybody, including the President, does in private as long as we have jobs and the economy is good...

------------------

And someone else took that appreciation a step further and published pictures of nude children and then stepped further still by making them available on the Internet.

And we said, everyone's entitled to free speech....

------------------

And the entertainment industry said, let's make TV shows and movies that promote profanity, violence and illicit sex... And let's record music that encourages rape, drugs, murder, suicide, and satanic themes...

And we said, it's just entertainment and it has no adverse effect and nobody takes it seriously anyway, so go right ahead...

------------------

Now we're asking ourselves why our children have no conscience, why they don't know right from wrong, and why it doesn't bother them to kill strangers, classmates or even themselves.

------------------

Undoubtedly, if we thought about it long and hard enough, we could figure it out. I'm sure it has a great deal to do with...

"WE REAP WHAT WE SOW,"

2. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I would just like to say a couple of things.

First the number of kilings red states to blue states is 13 - 5, which is kind of odd since the red states are the suppose to be the "more moral" ones.

That said, to say prayer in school would solve such problem is just stupid. We are not a homogenous country, and because there's differences, people are going to feel alienated and want to lash out. Prayer in school will most likely further alienate students.

3. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I refuse to jump into the inevitable poo storm that is about to begin, but I am anxiously awaiting DaDakota's post........

4. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Reply:

Dear Concerned Student:

I have a grand plan that, though you may not understand it, is what is best for the world.

Sincerely,

God

Of course, we REALLY said OK when the founding fathers put that pesky freedom of religion clause in the Bill of Rights. THOSE BASTARDS!!!

Of course, the tiny percentage of parents that never spank at all end up finding other ways (some effective, some not) to discipline their children while the vast majority of us ignore Spock and discipline our children in the way we see fit (I, for one, plan to spank my son at least once unless by some miracle he never needs a major attitude adjustment).

Of course, it should be up to parents to discipline their children, but in a society where both parents have to work just to make ends meet, much of that discipline is left to others or not done at all.

BTW, teachers and principals DO discipline kids (I am quite certain detention still exists), they just aren't allowed to PHYSICALLY punish, something that is definitely up to the parents and noone else.

And most of us that are pro-choice do NOT believe that minors should be able to get an abortion without their parent's knowledge, but that little fact just doesn't fit in with the twisted worldview that the author of this idiotic rambling has.

And, when you look at the statistics, in areas where condoms are given away, teen pregnancy has dropped as have rates of STD infections. I guess you would rather that the girls they impregnate get abortions and that when they have sex (WHEN, not IF) they have an elevated risk of contracting STDs.

Well, as long as the president is doing his job, I don't think his sexual activity, former drug use, or favorite music has any bearing. I am much more concerned with organizations that attack the personal behavior of one president while ignoring actual crimes committed by White House personnel.

This is absolutely outrageous. Nobody (except for sicko, twisted pedophiles) has claimed that nude pictures of children is "free speech." In fact, I hear that somewhere around 95% of the "child p*rn" sent around on the 'net are traps used by the FBI to nab those perverts and rightly so.

The entertainment industry has definitely exposed our children to these things, but I would argue that the increase in violence in our society is due to other things like the militarization of our police forces over the past thirty years along with the increase in the amount of violence these forces are allowed to use in pursuit of "criminals."

The exceedingly small percentage of kids who "don't know right from wrong" and do things to hurt others have not been raised properly, but I don't believe it is possible to make the case that this is due to the removal of religion from our schools. It has many causes and religion may be a contributing factor, but religious people do some pretty horrible things as well.

5. Buck Turgidson

Since we're sharing spam this morning:

V|AGRA'S NEWEST R|VAL C!AL|S HAS BEEN AROUND FOR A WHILE NOW

BUT IT HAS NEVER BEEN THIS CHEAP!!!!!
    0NLY $3.99 EACH
    NOW AVAILABLE IN S0FTTABS
    F|ND 0UT M0RE HERE=

6. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Will I go Schizo?

:D

7. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!:D :D

8. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

The Curse of the Internet: once something is converted to email it is labeled as spam and tends to be dismissed. Is this what Al Gore intended?

9. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Very valid point. Can't wait to hear God's response. You know, assuming that there even is one.

Wow. God is one bitter, vindictive b*stard. I guess the fact that we don't allow religion in schools to alienate students is a good reason to let a bunch of them die.

Freedom to practice religion extends to freedom to not have to practice someone else's.

Right. Because good, Bible-reading Christians would never kill each other.

So because we don't encourage people to spank their kids, the kids grow up to shoot schoolmates? What fantastic logic.

While you may find abortion immoral, some may find the denial of privacy and freedom of choice to be immoral. Also, abortion is nowhere close to walking into your school with a gun and shooting innocents.

Because people haven't been having sex for centuries, right? How horrible of us to make safer an activity that children are going to engage in no matter what. And who says that sex is inherently immoral?

The President's personal life is of no concern to anyone. If you were a homosexual, it wouldn't affect your performance at your job. Clinton's sexual promiscuity doesn't affect his foreign policy, his domestic policy, or anything in between.

First, everyone is entitled to free speech. Second, child p*rnography is not protected by free speech, in the same way that murdering another is not protected by self-determination. You have rights as long as they don't infringe on the rights of others (read: child p*rnography).

You are absolutely right. There were no bad things before movies and TV got out of control. Humans are not inherently violent.

Oh wait. I forgot about all of the wars and killing and raping and stealing we did in the years before the invention of television. I'm thinking maybe you did too.

Right. Because all students love to walk into classes and blow their classmates away. What the hell is wrong with America?

:rolleyes:

Everytime you examine school shootings, you are looking at troubled individuals. Period.

They are deviations from the norm, and should not be treated as the culmination of centuries of American immorality.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

JESUS SAVES !!!!!!

But Gretsky scores on the rebound.

11. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Dear god, hope you get the letter and...
    I pray you can make it better down here
    I don't mean a big reduction in the price of beer
    But all the people that you made in your image
    See them starving in the street
    'Cause they don't get enough to eat from god
    I can't believe in you

Dear god, sorry to disturb you but...
    I feel that I should be heard loud and clear
    We all need a big reduction in amount of tears
    And all the people that you made in your image
    See them fighting in the street
    'Cause they can't make opinions meet about god
    I can't believe in you

Did you make disease and the diamond blue?
    Did you make mankind after we made you?
    And the devil too!

Dear god don't know if you noticed but...
    Your name is on a lot of quotes in this book
    And us crazy humans wrote it, you should take a look
    And all the people that you made in your image
    still believing that junk is true
    Well I know it ain't, and so do you
    Dear god
    I can't believe in
    I don't believe

I won't believe in heaven or hell
    No saints, no sinners, no devil as well
    No pearly gates, no thorny crown
    You're always letting us humans down
    The wars you bring, the babes you drown
    Those lost at sea and never found
    And it's the same the whole world 'round
    The hurt I see helps to compound
    That father, son and holy ghost
    Is just somebody's unholy hoax
    And if you're up there you'll perceive
    That my heart's here upon my sleeve
    If there's one thing I don't believe in

It's you
    Dear god

12. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Owned.

13. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

man, i loves me some ecstasy... er, wait... i mean XTC.
    did i say that out loud...?;)

14. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

This is definately not the first time a version of this email was posted.

So, I decided to email God the first time I saw it and I saved his response.

To: god@heaven.com

Dear God, why were many blacks, Jews, and Catholics murdered by the KKK and similar groups in your name?

Dear Oski2005,

This is God, I don't usually answer in this manner, but you're a good kid so I'll respond to your question.

First of all, I know this is about those silly "Dear God" emails that blame school shootings on not allowing me to be taught in public schools. Stop getting worked up about those. Let me tell you a secret, did you know that the person who originally created that letter and the people who keep sending it have never actually bothered to ask me. The man just wrote it and filled in my response. How hard is it to ask me? My email is so obvious, and of course you can still pray to me from anywhere. I always answer, I mean it's not often as direct as my response to you right now, but I always answer.

Now, as to your question, the answer is I gave man free will. People are going to do evil things and sometimes they will even do it in my name. Don't feel too bad about the victims, they are up here with me immediately and do you believe they are thinking to themselves that they'd rather still be alive instead of enjoying eternal bliss? Heaven no! As for the people committing the evil acts, they've got an eternity of suffering a head of them, unless I forgive them that is. Loopholes are a b****, even for God.

As for teaching me in public schools, I don't see the point, I have lots of schools. You guys call them churches, I wanted to call them Jesus barns.

Thanks for writing me, I wish more people would actually pray to me instead of acting like they are praying to keep up appearences for others.

Love,

GOD

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

God, Come in God
    God come in God
    Damn you’re a girl
    Wow
    I guess the reason I’m talking to you tonight is
    Cause I’ve been doing a lot of thinking and
    And I consider myself a pretty cool guy
    And I never cheated on any of my girlfriends
    Well, except that one time in Japan
    But that was just for head and head don’t count right
    Thanks God I knew you’d understand
    Well, I just feel like
    Well to be honest with you
    God I just need a sweet b****

You know somebody no to, not too fast but not too slow
    Cause I don’t have it all to do it my damn self
    And life aint easy
    You know I just want somebody by your side to help smooth
    That thang out you know what I’m talking about
    And at this point
    I mean I’m not being picky
    She don’t even have to a big ol’ ass you know
    Just something well proportioned to her body
    You know a nice little tail you know
    What you say you, you say you found somebody
    Is she cute? So when do I get to met her?
    Awww, God you are the greatest
    Well, I guess I’ll talk to you later Amen oh I’m sorry,
    I’m sorry Alady

16. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your email is obviously a fraud. Everyone knows God's email address is god@heaven.ORG.

17. triplet

triplet Contributing Member

18. Oski2005

God is definately For Profit.

19. triplet

triplet Contributing Member

Really? I didn't know that..... I thought our government represents God, or God is one part of our goverment.

20. Oski2005

I don't remember God ever agreeing to that. He should sue.