1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our guards vs Denver guards

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lived, Nov 9, 2001.

1. lived

lived Member

Taking into consideration the 2 starters and the 1 sub.

Steve, Cat and Moochie -
    15 pts
    7 rbs
    10 ast

Van Exel, Rider, Avery -
    70 pts !!!!
    15 rbs
    21 ast

Out played, and out hustled..
    However I'll still be optimistic, and not jump ship as of yet....
    bring on the next team !!!

2. Bigman

Bigman Member

Don't forget that we were playing back to back. Denver has lost four in a row and were hungry. And our star guards have been playing playoff minutes. I kinda exptected this but was hoping we were made of titanium. Hey, this crap happens in a long season. Just one game. The hungrier team won.

3. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Just want to point out that we were playing a back-to-back as well as we were in Dallas last night.

4. Bigman

Bigman Member

Man...you're rubbing it in now. Bastards!!!!!

5. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

You got your tails kicked in last night, so guys like Van Exel were able to rest early.

That helped Van Exel stay in the game for as long as he did.

:mad:

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ah BS, our guys gave up, and did not play with any energy.

DaDakota

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

A) Rider and Van Exel are good players, B) Denver is a tough place to win, and C) our guards are leading the league in minutes, it was bound to catch up to them. Don't make so much of this.

8. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

You all act like that was fluke what Rider did last night. Only thing the guy need is some P.T. and he can put up offensive numbers like that every night. But the way Francis and Mobley played now that was the biggest fluke you will see all season long.

9. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I agree lil francis, Nick has always been a good guard that can score on anyone and Rider is a scorer, not a shooter. Given game time Rider was always a good player, his off court actions is what always cost him. Remember he was the leading scorer on that west conf finals port team that got swept by sa during the strike yr. Talent and ability has never been the problem for him, its just a matter of staying out of trouble.

10. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

The Denver guards are very good, I agree. The one thing they have that we don't is more experience.

Last nights game didn't worry me. I don't think we're ready to seriously contend for a title yet, simply because of experience, which we're still developing each and every game. This goes for our entire young team, save Rice and Willis, not just for our guards. That along with 'killer instinct' will come in time, and when it does, look out everybody else.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Reliant Energy Power fans of the game with their Osama-!!bang!!-laden, knee jerk-off ALL-CAPSulating commentaries of brain puss squirting on their keyboard can be funny sometimes...but man,

Bigman ROCKS!!! talk about "titanium" fans versus gas, power and electric Energy fans.

Calm me down anytime Bigman....soothing! Ahhhh. I feel so much better.

12. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Give me a break. Most of the Rockets are in their mid 20s. Back to backs are NO excuse.

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

i agree ZRB- Effort should always be there with a young team. If you lose because someone out execute you is fine, but when you don't even try, thats the problem I have. I wish we never got Glen Rice.