1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our Great allies the despotic Saudis kill a Washington Post Journalist.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Oct 12, 2018.

1. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Within the context of Middle East power, the Iran deal was a clear indication that the United States at least recognized another center of power in the region. The Saudis live to fight proxy wars with the Iranians (Yemen, Syria, the blockade of Qatar) and vice versa. Trump's foreign policy has been much more Saudi-centric in that we haven't chided them for the war in Yemen, we reimposed sanctions on Iran (while also asking the Saudis to increase oil production to offset the loss of Iranian oil on the market) and our policy agreements with Saudi make it clear which side we're on.

CometsWin and B-Bob like this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. Exiled

Exiled Member

According to Jamal ( paraphrased) "Obama saw Arab springs fall under his watch, tyrants acted in full force with freedom they never had before"
    For Trump," he is the president we deserve, exploiting our wealth and resources to his own country's benefits"

I think most people in the West are starting to see the art masterpieces of aljazeera's work .
    last April, the US wiped 30 childrens in Afghanistan, not many had noticed. MBS shot himself in the foot with Qater,they went after him after they were a member of saudi coaltion in Yemen..,well deserved though.
    America first, I don't blame Trump one way or another, people are getting killed in masses in many places without making the news, like what John Kerry had once said to Syrian protesters: do you want us to shed our blood for your cause??

4. Nook

Nook Member

How about tell the truth?

Oh that’s right, we are talking about Saudi Arabia’s royal family, greed, politics and Donald Trump... what the hell was I thinking.

Just bend over and take it Trump... you already were emasculated by Russia... what does adding one more to the fire really change.

CometsWin and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. Newlin

Newlin Member

It was just a drinking game. Things got a little out of hand, and a guy got cut up. These things happen. Let's not make this into something it's not.

Nook, adoo, BruceAndre and 1 other person like this.
  6. NewRoxFan

7. NewRoxFan

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Hi Prince, this is Jared. Let's just get out of this jam where you were caught, bone saw in hand, with having kidnapped, tortured and murdered a guy by blaming it on some other guys and cutting all of their heads off? That will probably work?

I know mideast peacing is totes hard but this will blow over! Trust me I give good advice like firing James Comey. Too bad you couldn't cut off HIS head amirite?

B-Bob likes this.
  9. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

This should not be funny.....but it is.

Edit to add: Seriously, we should get the heck out of the Middle East. We don't need their oil anymore. Yes, they're all going to kill each other. Yes, children will be gassed. But unless they bring it over here (again), it's not our problem.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yeah I guess you can characterize that short lived detante as drifting but it clearly had no real momentum. I wish Obama would have done a better job selling an Iran deal rather than effectively ramming it through with no treaty and no lasting power. Obama’s Middle East foreign policy was conflicted at best since the Yemen escalation started under him. I guess I’m kind of mincing words but yes relations were less gung ho Saudi and more friendly to Iran under Obama.

I’m definitely for closer relations with Iran and from everything I can tell they are more moderate than the Saudis but just lack the economic power. Also, the direction of historical relations between us and Iran since the revolution still quickly swings to the anti Iran stance when anything slightly irritating happens. Oh and they’ve never had any of their citizens be involved in multiple attempts of large scale terrorist attacks in America and ultimately successfully kill thousands of Americans on American soil....

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He isn’t wrong. This will be forgotten by the time the mid terms roll around.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

God don't want him
    The Devil needs him to continue working for him

This is the only explaination of why Pat Robertson is still alive
    One of the most Vile Dispicable people on the planet
    Between him and Mitch McConnell . . . . .. . sickening OWM
    giving all OWM a bad name. . .

Rocket River

Rashmon and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't disagree with anything you've said. The Saudis are horrible bedfellows. The Trump administration's anti-Iran strategy depends on aligning closely with Riyadh while turning a blind eye to the atrocities they continue to commit around the region.

If you haven't seen the PBS Frontline documentary "Bitter Rivals" about KSA and Iran, I can't recommend it enough: https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/bitter-rivals-iran-and-saudi-arabia/

14. NewRoxFan

Can the republican support of trump get any worse?

15. NewRoxFan

As an example...

Exiled likes this.
  16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Um, most definitely yes. There are house members saying "hold my beer" even as we make our useless posts on a basketball message board.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The Turkish government is playing this masterfully. I'm sure the audio of the Saudi's going Hostel/Winston Wolf is timed to release right about the time Prince Jared and Prince MbS have decided that this will "blow over" and right before the midterms.

That's what happens when you have complete ****ing idiots in charge. People die, and you get totally played.

But hey at least we pwn3d the libs here by...well, we just did.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

19. Exiled

Exiled Member

MBS just sacrificed one of his closest friend Saud Qahtani
    and the Saudi official news agency released this story :Khashoggi had died in a fight at the consulate:eek:

MBS will shortly announce his new cabinet, it's safe to say he is not stepping away .....

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

murders like this happen every day in despotic regimes, why is this one getting so much attention?