1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our Great allies the despotic Saudis kill a Washington Post Journalist.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Oct 12, 2018.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

@MojoMan youre a bad person. I could sugarcoat it, but defending this just makes you a shitty person man. If you fall back on your “but the left is meanzzz!” You’re an even shittier person. It used to be that people stood up for what was right. Protecting the constitution, protecting people from the United States, upholding what it means to be a good Christian.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. NewRoxFan

Wow... I agree with rand paul?

B-Bob likes this.
  4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Saudi Arabia First!

Thank you Rand Paul for framing the issue so bluntly even ignoramuses can understand.

(Except for Trump-only worshipers that live under rocks) I feel Republicans are going to break from Trump prior to 2020. Maybe this is the tripwire.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

The votes in suburban districts couldn't have helped.

6. NewRoxFan

Money. Its always about money to trump...

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

it's a **** situation, but the least worst decision, there was really no good choice.

Empower Iran by breaking ties with Saudi Arabia? no thanks
    Give Russia and or China hegemonial regional control? nope
    And in doing so, isolate Israel entirely? um no

But this **** better not be for free, Salman's gotta start purging the people in his kingdom who are funding the terrorists, and they need to start pushing the middle east peace process on their end.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Who of importance is arguing we should "break ties" with Saudi Arabia? That is complete nonsense.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I approve of this post, and I'm not even a "good Christian." Not anything, actually, except a human being who believes that someone should treat others the way they would like to be treated themselves. I respect good Christians, however. Christians who treat non-Christians with respect would fit that description, and have I've known many like that during my life, including numerous relatives who were quite religious. Methodists, primarily, with a Baptist here and there. Several taught Sunday School for decades. I don't respect @MojoMan, however. Not at all.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

You probably with Rand Paul on more things than you realize.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

But seriously do you guys honestly think that any president would ditch the Saudis over this?

12. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Actually no, but there would be some accountability demands from them by other Presidents. Social and political reforms/change/concession in process would be mandated (even if just window dressing). Meaningful support/actions that could alleviate the Palestine-Israel conflict for example.

Only saying they're buying our weapons make us look like we as a country can be bought. There needed to be more tactics.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

"Ditching the Saudis" isn't even part of the discussion. Why is this so hard to understand?

The problem is turning the White House into Saudi Arabia's global propaganda machine. Trump's single-minded determination to laud them, cover for them and lie for them no matter how atrocious their behavior is sickening.

Just a reminder: Khashoggi is just the latest series of giant missteps by MBS the last 2-3 years. The guy is a paranoid nutcase completely unfit to lead a country. He's much closer to being a charismatic Kim Jong-un vs. an economic/political savior for Saudi Arabia.

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

....and this is somehow new?

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

To be fair the Saudis have backed off on their war in Yemen since all this has happened under pressure from the US and allies. That is by far a bigger tragedy than the death of this journalist. Also, the undercutting of the Saudis by allowing nations to buy Iranian oil certainly did not help the Saudis in the immediate term.

The Palestine/Israel conflict is a whole entire other issue.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The propaganda isn't new at all. It started when Trump made Saudi Arabia his first overseas stop, which likely emboldened MBS to act out even more than he would have. Not sure what your point is.

The statement released yesterday was such an outrageous insult to any thinking person's intelligence, it finally gave everyone pause, even Republicans. Sort of like the proverbial straw that finally broke the camel's back.

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Emboldened? He's been running a vicious proxy war against a 3rd world country with our complicity since Obama. This journalist is nothing compared to what has been going on.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I totally agree with you, but it took the clumsy killing of a journalist based in America to make people notice what a bloodthirsty, tone deaf, spaz job MBS is.

Maybe Vladimir Putin (another one of our piece of trash president's best friends) will do something to "cross a line" that will wake up the American public (especially Republicans) to how dangerous he is. Based on what he's done already, I'm not hopeful.

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

False choice Robert.

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It does, what do you think all those drone strikes are for? video game practice?

But they're bad people right? enemies of the state perhaps?

#260 Aleron, Nov 21, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2018