1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our Future PF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, May 29, 2015.

1. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

This has to be a joke.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, no one is Yao.

Well, if you think so, it's only because you don't know the Rockets roster very well.

Rockets' big men

Howard 52.8%
    Dorsey 28.9%
    Capela 17.4% (small sample regular season)
    Jones 60.6%
    DMo 60.2%
    Smith 52.1%

3. malakas

malakas Member

That is so depressing lol

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, a bit. The Rockets have some of the worst FT shooting bigs in the NBA, which is why it's odd for the first criticism of one of the best FT shooting bigs (and best overall shooting big) on the roster to be FT shooting.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Love cant even play a full season and when he did play in Cleveland as a 2nd/3rd option he sucked badly, played zero defense and minimal defense/effort. LMA is getting old and would cost the max, hes just not owrth his cost anymore. Focusing on rebounding and ignoring the other things is just silly if we got LMA or Love the increase in talent would negated by terrible D and the fact that wed have to gut the roster to accomodate another 20M contract.

6. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Man it would be awesome to get Horford or Milsap

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Essentially you are saying we should get a Top 6 pick of the draft and draft a PF

8. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

sorry, wrong thread.

9. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

LMA>Love>>Dmo

DMO price>>>>LMA/Love

10. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Stop, it I would sign and then trade Dmo, Jones, and Ariza to get LMA. This dude would average 30 a night in the Toyota center. He owns the joint already. Keep Brewer at the 3 and play KJ some along with JSmoove off the bench

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, I'm sure we'd love seeing his inefficient long 2's night after night. If there's something our team loves, it's settling for inefficient jumpers. I'm sure he'd fit right in.

12. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I guess you missed the torch he puts on the Rockets and would be better than any post player we have right now. There is no debating that.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Most of the teams in the league don't have a 7ft guy that can facilitate and have post up moves like Dmo. Try to appreciate what you have rather than unknowingly bash with ignorance...

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Beating up on Terrence Jones isn't exactly hard to do....

Even then he shoots his mid-range shots at the same efficiency as a 27% 3 point shooter.....and that's his favorite thing to do on the court. LMA just isn't a fit for the Rockets, not to mention that he's already going to be 30. Of all the options in the off-season, I'm least interested in LMA.

15. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Let me ask you guys this:

Do you think us possibly going "all in" on LMA or Love pisses off Dwight? A move like this would totally take away his patented crappy post ups.

My only concern is that McHale wouldn't have the gull to look Dwight in the eye and flat out tell him "No."