1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our Future PF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, May 29, 2015.

1. dawesome

dawesome Member

Well, the decision for DM now is much easier. Maybe few weeks or months ago, we had to decide which priority we had to make to upgrade, PF or PG but since Harden has made his statement he needs help with Guard position, DM will concentrate fully looking for one. Most likely, TJ will be a traded with some of our other players. Even Bev maight be included in the package. Dmo and Smith are likely to stay. Both of them are more effective and can play at 4 and 5 when Howard is resting. TJ cant do that. In addition, we have Capella to support too. Very unlikely for us to go after LMA and love. PF position is much settled for now.

2. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

We just need a power forward whom defenders can't afford sag off of when running pick & pop with Harden. Doesn't have to be a LaMarcus or Love. Ryan Anderson or Channing Frye would punish defenders whenever they choose to trap Harden in pick & pops. I love D-Mo but he's an inconsistent shooter. His low post game is his only asset right now.

Keep D-Mo and acquire another PF who can stretch the floor. Teams just continue to double Harden on those pick & pops/rolls because you can live with D-Mo, Smith, and Jones taking open 17-24 foot jumpers all game.

Please trade Jones!

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

This. People always think the grass is on the greener side, didn't all these guys learn about the Rondo debacle? "Playoff Rondo gonna make the Mavs a contender!!!" :rolleyes:

How about that Kevin Love? Cavs surely made the right move trading Wiggins for Love...not :rolleyes:

Love is way to injury prone to ever be seen as a core member in a championship team, when was the last time that dude played an entire season healthy? And he hasn't even experienced a deep playoff run! Once he starts experience the grind of multiple 7 game series I don't know how his body will hold up considering he already breaks down in the regular season.

LMA is way too much hype, he has been great but at 30 years old I expect him to regress in a couple of years, do you really want to gut the team for 2 years of great play and then 3 years of horrible play?

DMO is perfect as the future PF of this team, he has great skills and knows how to become effective with minimal possessions, he is the perfect complement to Dwight and Harden. He may not be as spectacular as LMA and Love when they are feeling it but he is younger, cheaper and more well rounded than those two. Honestly if I want to gut the team for a superstar I'd focus more on the backcourt, DMO, Capella, Howard and Tjones are already a great core for the frontcourt.

4. PJ86

PJ86 Member

We might have to include him for a PG, which I would do 100% of the time. I'll take D-Mo over Josh & TJ any day of the week but we can roll with Scola & TJ if D-Mo is traded for a PG.

5. Asian Sensation

We can have a stud PG like Lawson, Lowry, Dragic etc. but if we roll out Scola and TJ the only place we'd roll to is the #14 pick or a first round exit. Scola and TJ would absolutely get murdered by all the good 4's in the West. The title of the thread says "future PF." Scola is way past and Jones need not apply to our future plans.

I really wish Jones wasn't such a bum these playoffs. We totally should've traded him when he actually contributed and had some value.

6. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Dudewah how many games this season did Jones miss due to serious injury?

7. basketballholic

This is why taking big risks is necessary. The best thing we could've done with Terrence is trade him for whatever value he had when he spurted at the beginning of last season and had several big games playing in a garbage man role next to Harden and Howard. Yes, it would've been somewhat of a risk. But.....it would've been better than where we are at with Terrence right now. He has no trade value other than as a salary throw-in.

Lest you think I'm bashing him again, I am not. It's about doing what's best for the team and the team's present and future. Those of you that think Terrence can net us a first rounder are just flat-out misguided. We probably couldn't squeeze a low second-rounder out of him at this point. And no, he doesn't have more value to us on the roster. His roster slot has more value to us (because of what we can possibly do with it) than he does.

Buy low. Sell high. Risk.

8. jump shooter

What I'd like to see the Rockets do at the PF position is pick up a real physical rebounder for short minutes like a DeJaun Blair type who can come in and throw his body around on Daymmond Green and Big Baby. He's a productive physical rebounder and when the rockets rebound they win. We all know that either one of TJ or DMO will probably be part of a trade for a position of need and a PF slot will be open. Who knows, but rebounding is a huge key for this team.

9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

our future pf is dmo, with smith backing up after signing a cheap contract. while jones got packaged in a trade for a rotation player.

10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Time to trade tjones. Maybe move up a couple spots in the draft. Or try to package him, kpap and Beverly once he's signed.

11. finsraider

finsraider Member

We already have a PG in the fold that is the perfect fit next to Harden.....Sergio Llull. The only asset we have to expend is the MLE.

12. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

how big of a sample size is there from this year, with both D-mo and Howard healthy, and after D-Mo's breakout? any?

because the key for how good D-Mo and be, and how effective he will be for this team, is how he performs with a healthy Howard clogging the lane.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Are we blaming his awful play and complete lack of development as a player since college on a nerve injury he suffered over 6 months ago or on a punctured lung he suffered over 2 months ago?

14. jump shooter

Little Bobby your a hater and all I can tell you is there is hope for ya cuz ignorance is curable disease.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I would go with DMo as a starter with Josh and TJones off the bench.

Josh as a starter may work also, with DMo as the main offensive option with the second unit.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Let's see if I can turn that disaster of an attempt to make a sentence into an actual sentence.

I'm guessing you were trying to say

"Little Bobby you're a hater and all I can tell you is that there is hope for you because ignrance is a curable disease."

If that was what you were trying to say, I'll respond by saying that I am not a "hater" simply because I'm not making excuses for Jones' terrible play and his total and complete lack of development as a player since college. He's always had the physical tools to be a decent to good player, but he hasn't made any progress when it comes to the mental side of the game either because of a poor work ethic or because he's simply not very smart. I don't know which it is, but it's annoying......but not as annoying as his ridiculous fans who always have an excuse.

Again, which excuse are we using this time? The nerve injury from over 6 months ago or the punctured lung from over 2 months ago? Maybe we can use the chickenpox he got as a child?

17. jump shooter

Would not surprise me if either Jones or DMO are part of a deal to aquire that PG position, I like'm both because they have different strengths and weakness's but would think whichever of the two can bring the most value in a trade will be the one who gets moved!!!

18. jump shooter

Your a hater period.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Brilliant response......however, you forgot to tell me what excuse for Jones' terrible performance in the playoffs and his total and complete lack of development since college that you are rolling with this time.

Being up front about those types of things would really help in future conversations.

20. jump shooter

I don't want future conversations with you my man, your obsession with attacking this kid has gotten to the point of being ridiculous.