1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OPRAH 2020?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

[​IMG]

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

To

And he won cause Democrats tried to force a polarizing figure down the country's throat

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Nah, Trump won because a significant portion of this country relies on social media news feeds and click bait 'news' blogs for their knowledge that confirms their preconceived biases which results in a alternative reality bubble.

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

as someone who defended obama and was a massive supporter of his for 8 years i would like to know what exactly it was about hillary that you disliked or found polarizing? specifically, what policy positions of hers did you not like?

Deckard likes this.
  5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I don't find her polarizing. I know you have been around the last 25 years. You know she is polarizing.

Please don't bother me with stupid questions

Does it matter why people don't like her. There are people who are never liking her so why try to force her in a stupid attempt to make history,

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

yes pls! bees for all of americaaaaa!

7. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

There is also her consumer products and brand.

this book was one of the ads on the bottom of clutch fans.

8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

of course i know she is polarizing. i despise her and i never voted for her husband. despite that, for only the second time in my life i voted democrat for president b/c trump was such a disgraceful POS.

but im asking you, as a hardcore obama supporter to explain what policy positions of hers you are against? im wondering where you saw differences in their respective policy positions. and im continually baffled by your support of trump considering how he has spent the last year systematically overturning so much of what your hero obama did.

Deckard likes this.
  9. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

At this point, I will probably vote for anyone or anything that is not Trump in 2020.

10. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Hey Oprah would be great if 1) national health care for all 2) $15/hr 3) Tuition free state universities or solid trade school/apprentice programs 4) money out of politics and a few solid policy positions other than self help stuff.

11. edwardc

edwardc Member

Trump has been a success at making America hate and destroying families and Tax evading.

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have a strong dislike of Oprah. That being said, I probably agree with most of her policy positions, at least the ones of which I know.

It would be cool if she ran the first self-funded campaign (Trump absolutely did not do that). I don't think she would. She couldn't do worse than Trump.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think having Oprah run on the Democratic ticket is a terrible idea. So what are we going to do? Double down on the stupidity of the GOP? Run another "celebrity" without experience in government? Don't get me wrong. I think the woman has more intelligence in her left foot than Mr. trump has in his entire body, but come on.

Can't Democrats do better than this? I'd vote for Biden in the primaries over Oprah, and I'd prefer someone younger than Biden or Sanders. Someone in their 40's or 50's with experience in government somewhere in their past. Someone who understands that government can be a power for good, not the toy trump has made of it in order to enrich both himself and his fellow billionaires. In my opinion.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

like that picture of her kissing Weinstein?

15. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Biden & Sanders are terrible options because they will be 78 and 79 in 2020. With the way mental health can deteriorate, I think that is too big of a risk.

Warren is the better already established candidate, IMO. If she doesn't run, it really opens it up for an Oprah or Mark Cuban. We'll see where we are at in 18 months, as candidates can emerge and fall in short periods.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I was thinking more along the lines of someone like this:

[​IMG]

Kamala Harris. Former Attorney General of California and junior Senator from that state. She's 53 (the lady you suggested is 68), a Democrat, an excellent speaker, deeply experienced, in my opinion, highly intelligent, and she pisses off the GOP heavy hitters in the Senate. I like that.

edwardc and NewRoxFan like this.
  17. conquistador#11

Can you believe that both Oprah and Corrupt Donald were guest stars in the Fresh Prince of Bel-air but not crooked Hilary?

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I don't have a problem with her. For the second time.

I do have a problem with Democrats trying to make history with her by starting out giving her the NY Senate seat.

She has been given political power cause she is Bill's wife. Trump won a real primary. It's usually Republicans who run the next in line.

On her politics I don't think she is engaged in presidential topics like trade agreements.

The last 16 years of handing her undeserved positions came back to haunt.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Im down.

Just sayin

Deckard likes this.
  20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

She's the popular less established pick right now. I mentioned Warren not to meet your qualifications, but that she is the top established candidate.