1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OPRAH 2020?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Jan 8, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A Kardashian as First Wifu.....

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't see her running, but if she does I bet her endorsement of that book The Secret comes back and is used against her. I seem to remember a loud dumb group of Bible thumpers getting their jimmies rustled by that book.

(FWIW my predictions on such matters are ****. I thought Trump was never even a serious candidate in his own eyes and that he would bow out well before things got serious to do a new reality show.)

3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

lol did Fox News tell you this. You really need to get out of your bubble a bit.

Trump has been a total success for the billionaires and the very rich. They got their tax break. Nazis have been able to come out of the closet a bit more. David Duke types are "respectable" according to the fearless leader. Making us the laughing stock of the world is not good for America and "no" it is not enough to be feared because we have a raving nut who says he has a bigger nuclear button than Kim in N. Korea.

Deckard and TheRealist137 like this.
  4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fox news didn't tell him that. The Kremlin told him to say that, and he did it. There's been someone tracking output by Russian operatives in social media, and RocketsLegend's post here follow it almost to the tee.There is literally no deviation.

5. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Our system of government and election does not facilitate the election of our brightest and most creative people to the higher offices. It was put in place to stop the election of the dumbest and most awful people to these positions, and fails at that sometimes.

No Worries and Rocket River like this.
  6. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I would vote for her. America needs a first black President.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If you say TRUMP IS WHY NO CELEBRITY SHOULD WIN . . . Well . .. Then can we say he is the reason for no White men? Millionaires?

Trump represents Trump and pretty much no other group

I am ok with Oprah . . . Trump is teaching me that incompetence can be mitigated
    Even a mean streak and mean spirit can be mitigated
    Oprah does not seem to have those qualities. . . so she would be ok

Not my first choice
    as for millions who can do it better??? Well they ain't running so that an 50 cents won't buy you starbucks

by and large .. . . alot of people in 2020 will basically say . . . ANYONE BUT *THAT* GUY

Rocket River

8. conquistador#11

Oprah, "Free houses for you, for you, for you ,for you , for you, for everyone!"

{Republican voter struggling to make ends meet} " I don't want a house! I want my national anthem back!"

It was a joke from Snl cast seth? then it just went viral. Maybe seeing the reactions encourages Oprah to run who knows.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  9. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Dang I thought it was gonna b Kanye. Speaking of anyone see him lately..? :eek:

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It fails because the system just opens up for people who really just don't care about the corruption that is uncovered about them in the scrutiny, and/or just lie about it.

The reason why someone like Oprah probably won't run is because she will instantly be hated by the opposing side, and everything in her life will be scrutinized, and conspiracy theories will instantly become part of what she has to deal with on a daily basis.

Hence this gem from one of our current presidents favorite "News" sources-

So Oprah (or whatever beloved American notable figure) can remain successful, beloved, and do whatever kind of work they want, or they can subjugate themselves to this kind of nonsense that is inevitable if they run for president.

Still... us as citizens should still push for the best people to run instead of just throwing our hands up in the air and accepting that we just have to accept the Hillary Clinton's of this world as our candidates who are best suited to run against whatever the Republicans are brazen enough to run with.

11. pirc1

Funny this type of things have no affect on Trump, his base is made of solid titanium.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

There you have it. With the dimwit rate spiking in the US, Trump has a real shot to win again.

Y'all Qaeda at its finest

13. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I predict Oprah will be encouraged to be the candidate of the corporate/ mainstream media Dems if that is what they need to beat Bernie Sanders. A billionaire they suspect will upset their interest only as much as it is needed to appeal to the little guy and gal. Oprah fits in nicely with the Obama-Hillary wing of the party. She is also fits the traditional Horatio Alger/ Joel Osteen school of thinking positive and pulling yourself up by the boot straps. She overcame great adversity and therefore every minimum wage or less mom with kids, college student waiting tables with big debts, or laid off rust belt guy without a GED can do so also.

However, It would be interesting to see if Oprah could actually get some of the educated suburban GOP housewives to vote Dem, which Hillary was largely unable to get them to do. Of course, Trump in office, might have already convinced some of them out of sheer embarrassment to vote for a Dem.

Of course, if Oprah, the TV personality, won the presidency she would be woefully short of experience which only government haters fail to see as a negative.

14. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

we are a nation of idiots. we care more about personality than policy.

which is why if oprah ran she would win.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If you are a legitimate Trump supporter, there is no rational reason why you would think Oprah is less qualified.

She has significantly more business acumen than Trump if you buy into "successful business people can make good presidents".

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

In an attempt to run a more polarizing worse candidate than Hilary

Democrats choose Oprah

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

They did? When?

18. pirc1

You would be wrong, she is a Democrat and an African American, in the views of many Trump supporters, that automatically disqualifies her.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Have you had a gander of who is currently in the Oval Office?

20. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Can she order an air strike that she knows will get people killed?