1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

One of the recent things.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by King1, Jan 11, 2009.

1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I'm really tired of reading about is the criticism of our medical staff. Keith Jones was chosen as the Head Athletic Trainer for Team USA. Seriously, give it a rest.

I'm with the fans, it sucks our team is always hurt. It happens every year and I don't fault anyone for being frustrated. You will never hear a negative word from any player about our medical staff though, this I know. There's a much bigger issue that I think some fans want to look past.

Anybody who follows the Rockets knows TMac has dogged it. he continuously makes excuse after excuse as to what's wrong. Even though he once boldy proclaimed "It's on me", it never really is. IHe makes it evident on the court. He gives you a good performance against the Thunder after we all watch him quit against other teams. Any knowledgable fan sees it. Our staff has said in the media that TMac can play, but he's chosen to make his own schedule. That's what's getting him called out by teammates, fans, the media.....you get the point. Now, I'm going to touch on the part that will probably get a bunch of furious responses, ect.... Ron Artest.

Much like TMac, our staff has said Ron can play on his ankle. The reason we (myself included up until now) cover for Ron while being furious at TMac, is simply that Ron gives 100% every time he is on the court. He dives for loose balls, plays aggressive defense, never is intimidated by anyone, the list goes on. However, I won't excuse what he has been doing either. There's a reason his name was in the media as well. I've been ok with Ron taking time off, but this is way too similar to TMac. He can't play one second, then all of a sudden he can. It's bs. As a fan, I've watched it with Tracy and I'm tired of watching it with Artest.

Honestly, let him sit. Von Wafer may not be blessed with the talent, but he sure as hell has busted his ass to improve. I'm more then willing to take the good with the bad with him. I also know I will see 100% from him every time as well.

Just my opinion though

2. gta

gta Member

5 stars.

3. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

T-Mac goes down every year

Yao goes down every year, last year he even had a season ending injury

Artest comes to Houston and of course is injured. The doctors tell him to play because of course they are sure he can play on it. But what we see is his ankle getting worse

And now look at Phoenix. He came there and is finally HEALTHLY.

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

how do you explain shane then? he had a minor operation. had the same amount of time to recover as tracy (without shoulder surgery) and is now in and out like tracy.

he asked for 5 games off without the doctors' say.

something is going on with that medical staff. it's not a coincidence we have injuries EVERY YEAR, and it's not to the most injury-proned players either.

5. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Yao is 7'5. Tracy is frail and had health issues before coming to Houston. Artest was injury prone before coming here. Landry had knee problems before the draft. Barry's old. Getting injury prone players (or other problems in Artest and Tracy's case) is a good way to acquire talent without giving up much. I wouldn't say it's the training staff. It's just the players we get.

There's a billion other threads discussing Tracy so i'm trying not to talk about him but in Artest's case you have to ask yourself would you rather have Bobby Jackson/Donte Greene or deal with whatever baggage comes with Ron. I'll take Ron anyday.

6. Houston22

Houston22 Member

We are 'appy that you understand this thread

7. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Nah. 1 star.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

This is ridiculous. Are you telling me, you guys are so over-the-top homers that you're now defending the TRAINER?!?!?

The bottom line is that this team (and Keith Jones) has handled injuries TERRIBLY for a LONG time... going back to the Francis migraine days,

9. King1

Blame Francis for his "migraine days", lol. Of course, they never existed. Same as Steve's dedication to this team. I figured the responses would vary widely. I can take it. Continue on.

10. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

i am pretty sure t-mac had an injection in phoenix...that thing can work for one game or two but detrimental for your body...that's not healing lol.

11. King1

Elaborate then. Please provide some insight into your opinion. It's easy to drop a simple one-liner on the internet. Dispute some of my points. I'm only looking for people who are interested in a serious discussion

12. King1

I'm happy to. Shane took his time off and came back and played. Shane's injury was to the point he couldn't walk without a cortizone shot. Shane was not cleared to play by our doctors. Ron and TMac have been. This is going ot be amusing.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Ron figures. . . Why am I gonna 'GRANT HILL' my ankle while that other guy is sitting out . .. . chilling. If he not going all out for the team . . why should I?

Rocket River

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

BLame Francis???? You mean he didn't have headaches?
    Come on keith . . you have to explain that one to me

Rocket River

15. King1

I agree. Unfortunately, that's why he isn't the player people think he is. In fairness to Hill though, he actually played on a broken ankle to help the team in the Playoffs. Neither of these guys deserve that credit.

16. mbiker

mbiker Member

The season isn’t even half over and Artest, Battier, Tracy, Dorsey, and Barry are injured. With 36% of your team being injured, at what point do you hold Keith Jones and David Macha accountable? I’m not saying that they are responsible, but it is something for management to think about.

17. King1

Artest got in injured landing on a camera man, TMac is being TMac, Battier sprained his ankle (pretty common amongst basketball players), Barry injured the ligaments in his thumb. Dorsey? He's in D-League playing. It's not our staff. I wish it was, but unfortunately, it's our luck, and our players.

18. King1

Sorry, not Keith Jones, lol. Lets just say it's no surprise Francis is yet to play in Memphis either. I guess he's there for his "veteran leadership" though. OJ Mayo is already 100x the professional that Francis will ever be.

19. joesr

joesr Member

You know I never thought about that. Shane came back a couple games early because we needed him and now he worsen himself.

Ron Artest came back into a game or two because Tmac said he wasnt but he should have been resting and now he re injured himself.

I dont know if JOnes has power over how many minutes Yao plays but he isnt playing the recommended 25 thats for sure.

20. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

it has nothing to do with the rockets training staff. the toyota center is cursed, just plain and simple.