1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omari Moore

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by VoR, May 18, 2023.

1. VoR

VoR Member

This kid intrigues me. He might be the sleeper of the second round. His measurements are fantastic and he will come in mature and ready to hit the ground running. Really big hands for a guard. I'd like to see the Rockets find a way to get a 2nd round pick so we don't have to fight for him in the UDFA market. If he does go undrafted, I want us to offer him a really nice package so that he picks us over other teams. He easily replaces Nix on our present roster.

2. VoR

VoR Member

Standing reach is the same as most NBA forwards. This kid is legit. Just work on his three and decisiveness off of pick and roll.

3. VoR

VoR Member

The more videos I watch, the more he reminds me of Tate with better fluidity. He doesn't have lethal first step speed. He's so calm that he almost looks like he's in slow motion, but these things can be coached to give him a better jab step. His explosiveness after the first step and instincts with the backboard are first rate, however. Great body control. He's 22. So a lot of the maturity development we won't have to worry about. He's basically a Covid senior with an extra year of eligibility.