1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ok Laker Fans!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocketman, Aug 15, 1999.

1. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Why hasn't it been deleted? Because I damn well don't feel like deleting it.

Don't like it? Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

---BK

------------------
    "All there really is, virtue and vice-- well it's been a nice life"

TBC

2. Not Chaney

Not Chaney Member

Thanks Kagy I am in Columbus. No offence I understand what you are saying. For those living in TEXAS and California- appreciate it!

3. Boardman

Boardman Member

Well Brian, you guys have made such a big stinking huff about having to stay on topic, then slinging the hypocrisy arrow when it suits you, I just find it terribly amusing to see the double standards at work.

Thanks for the entertainment.

[This message has been edited by Boardman (edited August 17, 1999).]

4. payaso

payaso Member

Tishanna, look me up when you get here (Austin)- we're always looking for IS professionals. Skip Houston unless you miss the grimy 'charm' of the big city. The only reason I spent 8 years there is I needed the industry experience I wasn't going to get in pre-techie boomtown Austin. Fortunately, that is no longer the case.

5. BrianKagy

I'm glad you find the lax enforcement of the BBS rules enjoyable. I enjoy my role as an admin. You know, closing/deleting threads, removing profanity, banning people...

Personally, I've had a lot of fun watching LA fans try to explain why they should be taken seriously. But then, matters of futility have always had a certain charm of amusement about them to me.

6. Boardman

Boardman Member

Brian,

Not lax. SELECTIVE. THere's a difference.

In fact, I really appreciate your post above because you made my point better than I had. I'd asserted on the Laker bbs that you guys engage in arbitrary censorship based on whim and not rule. Clutch got on his high horse and excoriated me for making such an assertion, but this thread, and your post that is on it, is indeed proof that the rules are just a sham. You censor based on whim.

Most of your folks here are very knowledgeable and I did appreciate the opportunity to share hoops talk, and I never insulted any of your folks (at least until Rocketman stopped taking his meds). But you admins are something else. Enjoy your private little playpen and....

HEIL ADMINISTRATOR!!

I'm out.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Sir scarvajal,

You are right on the money about the Congressmen. I'm almost embarassed to say I'm from the state that spawned DeLay, Armey, and Phil Gramm. And when the rest of this state and country gets their head out of there asses and sees what a horrible president GW would be, then I'll be very happy.

From your happy Texas Democrat!!

8. BrianKagy

Well, when Clutch decides to pay me for this, I'll spend the time it would take to enforce all of the rules all of the time in a manner that will make everyone happy.

Until then, what you see is what you get.

I've been over this before. It is not censorship. Censorship implies that there is an approved opinion that can be posted and that anything else will be removed. That is not the case.

What is boils down to is what your mom taught you as a child: don't be an ******* and people will like you.

If you are truly leaving, I'm sure we'll see you again when and if the Lakers beat the Rockets this season. After all, you wouldn't be an LA fan is you weren't a front-runner.

****PS: Guys, went ahead and moved this since we now seem to have two conversations, neither of them Rocket-related, going on. [​IMG]***

------------------
    "All there really is, virtue and vice-- well it's been a nice life"

TBC

[This message has been edited by BrianKagy (edited August 17, 1999).]

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Kagy -- no sense in spelling it out for boardman. Once his pride gets going, he'll never let logic stop it.

Don't put much stock in what boardman has to say either. The guy redefines the terms "hypocrite" and "two-faced". In fact, he probably learned of the word after I used it to describe him -- after all, he started using it then and has used it about 20 times since. He's like this because he's insanely bitter about not hearing back after he wrote me a long, sappy apology letter yesterday. Why would I acknowledge, when you can see right through people like this?

The difference here is they are not important to us. We, on the other hand, seem to be very important to them. I've gone to their board twice ever and not once since Sunday evening and half the posts are about us. When they post something to ridicule us they slap cyber high-fives and when they're made to look foolish in counter-arguments they proclaim they've been censored, banned or "jumped on unfairly".

Then the first anti-Lakerite to hit their boards is treated with disdain from on high.

This coming from people who considered this a war and came here to wreak havoc. They were thwarted and thus ran home to cry to mommy and gather more troops for the next round.

Such is the life of the hypocrite.

And boardman takes the cake. You see, he "prides himself" on doing nothing to clean up their boards, but what can he do? Nothing. Nada. Zip. If people want to post bomb recipes or nude pictures of Jerry West getting "Magical", they can -- and boardman and the others have no choice but to bend over and take it until their "admin contact" can step in.

Oh and believe me. Admins do "step in" and censor... err, clean up their boards. A few days ago there were pictures on their board insulting all of us. As soon as those pictures were insulting the Lakers, they were immediately taken off.

Hmmm... double standard? A no-brainer.

So don't sweat boardman -- a hypocritical troll if there ever was one. He'll kiss your butt here and tear you a new one there. He'll say he's left this board, but he's here -- reading this right now, rest assured -- panting to break his bold "I'm out" stance and post again.

Why? Because what we say and think seems to be of the utmost importance to him.

HEIL ADMINISTRATOR!!

Clutch

------------------
    Rockets get Pippened... again
    www.clutchcity.net

10. Boardman

Boardman Member

Rocketman........

Since you say I live in a crappy place, where do you think I live? I'll bet you don't have the foggiest friggin idea, you moron.

Because I"m a Laker fan, you assume I live in Los Angeles?

Yeah, that's bright.

By the way, why hasn't THIS thread been deleted since it doesn't have a DAMN thing to do with trades, drafts or free agency. I guess it's ok to have an entire thread devoted to nothing more than insulting Laker fans, yet comment on A DIFFERENT BOARD about this place brings a sh*tstorm of weenie protests.

Talk about hypocrisy....what a joke.

[This message has been edited by Boardman (edited August 17, 1999).]

11. BrianKagy

Yeah, for a franchise that's so convinced it's among the elite, their fans do spend a lot of time hassling lil ol Houston....

------------------
    If you can't "out-argue" them, call them a Nazi.