1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oh my...Anthony Randolph

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by desi tmac91, Mar 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

31 points on 18 shots and 11 boards to go with 2 steals and a block against Dallas. 3 minutes to go.

2. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

oh ya, forgot about that guy

3. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

His actually been on 31 since 3 minutes to go in the 3rd q.

4. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

He looks good from the few minutes I've watched today. Kahn getting another nice young prospect on the cheap such as Darko and Beasley.

5. thebender

thebender Member

seems the potential was/is there.....does hindsight suggest he would have been worth giving up a 1st rounder for?

Note - I do know that one hot day doesn't make a summer.....but he does seem to have been putting up pretty good numbers on the bench in his other games since his transfer.

6. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Such an enigma.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

When your life has no purpose, you can afford to spend minutes on random projects with possible upsides. You go through enough of them and you are bound to find a good one or two.

8. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

The only project that Kahn seems to have failed is Johnny Flynn.

9. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Too bad Morey opted for the T-Will project. Randolph was reportedly also available for a 1st-rounder... oh, well. If you had asked me at the time which player I would have rather seen in Houston, I would have said T-Will in a heartbeat.

10. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Kahn never should have dealt Ty Lawson...

11. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I wish he never did that trade but I don't think many GMs thought Lawson would be as good as he is now or else he wouldn't have slipped to 18th. Bad trade, I'll give you that one but the Wolves got Webster out of it, who honestly isn't all that bad.

Not trying to make Kahn to be a god or anything but I do think he's done a good job on rebuilding this team.

12. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

You can say this because you don't watch this team. Flynn had a good game for about the 5th time this season (the game where Minnesota won against Houston was one of those too), and even then he throws the ball away at the last second.

Kahn has done very little right. Beasley hasn't actually improved from Miami, he just plays more minutes, gets the ball more, but even then is lackadaisacal on defense and chucks. Darko to me is the epitome of the Kahn-Rambis era, in that they keep coddling this unstable guy after getting super lucky with Love ( and yes, they got lucky. I'm absolutely certain the only reason they went with Love instead of Jefferson was because of contracts. Those two idiots thought of him as a sixth man.)

Kahn's had tons of picks, tons of cap space, and resources that Morey would dream of. And we're going to win less than 20 games for two years in a row and will have our pick going to the freaking Clippers next year. Following the Wolves is a significant reason why I am so, so anti-tank here. I'd kill for Minnesota to merely regain our status with Garnett, or a 50 win team that gets in the playoffs every year, regardless of contender status.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Seriously? I don't. For one thing one reason he has so many talent is because his team is so bad they've been picking top5 in the lottery everyyear since kahn got there.

Good moves by Kahn:
    1. Beasley trade
    2. Randolph trade
    3. Darko signing
    ^Both of these were low risk high reward moves. I think AR has far more potential than Twill, however we're set on pf with Scola/PP/Hill so I'd rather get the sg/sf project than AR, who could be a good pf but sucks at the 3 spot (doesn't have a jumpshot).

Bad Moves by Kahn:
    1. Drafting Rubio
    2. Drafting Flynn
    3. Drafting Johnson
    4. Trading Al J for a low firstrounder
    5. Trading away the pg they signed that+assets for capspace, but then signing Luke Ridnour for the same amount

Off the top of my head these are just some of the horrible moves Kahn has made, and each of them are franchise killing all by themselves and far outweigh their positives combined. I'm sure Kojirou can add more this list as I don't really follow them, but IMHO the Wolves are the worst managed team in the league.

14. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

You forgot the Kevin Love for OJ Mayo trade for the good moves.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Actually that was done by Mchale. Mchale was also the one who orchestrated the KG trade which undoed majority of the mistakes he made and gave Kahn a running headstart into rebuilding the franchise (such as giving Kahn 2 picks in the lottery which he wasted on Rubio and Flynn).

If instead of Kahn it was Buford, Morey or the Thunders GM sitting there, Minny would probably be knee deep in the playoff race instead of picking in the top lottery once again.

16. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

The second lottery pick was acquired from Washington by Kahn in the Foye and Miller deal, not by Mchale...but even then Kahn still ended up botching both picks (well at least the Flynn pick, the jury is out on Rubio)

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

When you start with your conclusion that Kahn sucks, then of course you're going to find an excuse for everything he's done.

Beasley? you make it sound like he traded much more than nothing for it, he didn't really.

Of course you're certain that he went with Love for monetary reasons and was a complete fluke, you'd decided this before you even considered it.

Honestly, Kahn hasn't done too bad a job considering he was handed a franchise that had stripped itself, decided to tank, is a small market with almost no draw. He's already got an all star, the team is really really young and he's not really carrying any bad contracts of consequence. I have no idea what his reasoning was, perhaps it was all luck, but all I can gauge is the result which in all honesty hasn't been too bad given the hand he was dealt, and he certainly hasn't lived up to the moniker of worst gm in the nba.

18. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

AR, when given pt, has always shown that he can play and play well.

19. diamondview

diamondview Member

The kid is good. But he's no Chuck Hayes...

20. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

A bit early to call that one. He is starting to play a bit better now. He will bounce back next season. He will most likely be traded once they get Rubio.

Damn Kahn has some ballers. Beasley and Love are proven. Randolph is a 50/50(high potential but not proven) plus he has Rubio waiting on the shelves. Add in Wes Johnson and their next lottery pick. Impressive!!!