1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Officials cost Blazers the Game

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by PiPdAdY33, Feb 2, 2002.

1. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

O wow I know I should be used to horrible officiating by now. Especially since I watch Rockets games but today was just horrid. I mean in the first half they were some terrible non calls when Russel was fouling Wells but that didn't stop Wells. The worst call of the game, when they threw out Wallace, instead of calling technicals how about calling fouls. I'll agree that Wallace deserved a techincal but not two, the Blazers were still able to stay in it because of Pippen's great three point shooting ( 5 of 5 from behind the arc). When Wells drove and spun on Russel there was clearly a foul, Russel was impeding his path to the basket which last time I checked was a foul. The Blazers were down by one and no matter what anyone says they clearly committed the foul on Stockton. As Mo Cheeks was so kind as to point out for us. Well the Blazers have a game tomorrow so that they can continue their great streak.

2. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

Yea you're right. I saw the game and witnessed the horrendous officiating. THe blazers still could have won withrou Rwall and derek anderson, and that says a lot about how much better this portland team is now as opposed to say 20 games into the season.

3. alaskansnowman

i mite as well make an appearance here too :p

4. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I saw it too. The Jazz should not have won. They are the Jazz. They should not have won. They should not have won because they are the Jazz. Yeah. The point is moot.

5. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

When Stockton retires, the Jazz are in trouble. They looked stale when LaRue was running the show.

Kirilenko is pretty good...but I was getting a bit tired of the NBC announcers kissing his feet. If they do it that much, I can only imagine how much the SLC homers do...probably enough to dub him Jesus Kirilenko. Give me EG any day!!!

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kirilenko looks way too much like the villain in Rocky IV for me to not hate his guts.

7. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

Want some cheese with that whine:rolleyes: Wallace is a cancer....he reaps that which he sows.....

8. jerinrulz

jerinrulz Contributing Member

did yall see kirilenko throw pippen :D

9. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

I thought they showed on ESPN that Wallace got into it with a fan. Am I way off on that or what?

10. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

To set the record straight, it wasn't a clean block because he was blocking Pip's bath to the basket. And he also fouled Stoudamire because he put his hand on Damon's shoulder which is not in the least bit legal.

11. jerinrulz

Well wouldn't it have been easier for him to just bring it up court and dribble it off his foot, and then blame the mishap on a certain TNT announcer?

12. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

Good solution bring up old stuff to talk about the present, quit living in the past little man. That was just an off game which players are allowed to have. I mean after all the man was a huge part of those six title rings in Chicago. But I guess you forgot that and just assumed it was Jordan. How many rings did Jordan win without Pippen.

13. jerinrulz

Little man? What exactly does your testicular fortitude have to do with Pippen? Oh i get it ;) Well more importantly, how many times did Jordan let Pippen handle the ball at a crucial moment? Or for that matter, even hold the freaking ball at a crucial moment? Oh thats right, ur beloved Pippen had no balls then, and when he had the ball in LA that day, he gave that one away too

14. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

Well to be fair Pip had his share of game winners/ crucial baskets. Just not as many as Jordan but he did his part, filled up the stats sheet every night, which he is still doing just not as well. Well neither is Jordan but we should chill until they go head to head. That will be quite the match up, we shall see who gets the upperhand. The Blazers of course (Pip).

15. jerinrulz

So how come this leader wasn't able to hold down a double digit lead in Game 7 of the Conference Finals a couple of years back? Is it because he's never had to lead a team before, and when he's been called upon, he's KICKED the chance away...and did you really have to put Pip in parentheses? It's not like anyone would think that Jordan would let such an abundance of talent go to waste...:rolleyes:

16. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

hmmmmm......Utah or Pippen? I say screw em both!

17. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

Well umm its not like Pippen lost the game, they lost their momentum. It just wasn't their time to win, the Lakers were gonna go all the way and no one was going to stop them. I mean when the Wizards lose as they often do, do you say its Mj's fault, no of course not its the team's fault. And you know just to mention I think that Jordan having the refs in his back pockets just maybe might have helped his a career a bit.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Or how about Pippen refusing to go into a game at the end because he was not going to get the ball, because Tony Kukoc was the primary option.

Pippen is the most overated player in league history, he was a good player...but HARDLY a superstar.

A marginal hall of famer at best, and if he does get in, he should kiss Jordan's feet every day for the rest of his life.

DaDakota

19. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

WHen something goes wrong, you cant let the leader take all the blame. The blame lies on the whole team. And pip wasnt even the leader of the team, it was R wall. Stoudy and sabonis were also bigh shots back then. This game was being played in LA and they were the better team that year, so you can harly say it was pippens fault for the loss... it was more them playing a superior team.

20. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

I don't blame Pip he was the leader of the team, that was the time that Mj left to play baseball. He was the leader of the team, he made the all start team and he was the MVP of that game. He led the team to the playoffs but they were defeated which really doesn't mean that much because Mj never won without Pippen. He had every right to refuse that was his shot to take and Jackson just got lucky that Kuckoc got it to go in. Pip is one of the greatest defenders of all time if no the greatest. He has won six championship rings and was named one of the fifty greatest players of all time. And if he doesn't make the Hall of Fame then the Hall of Fame will mean nothing. If anything he is under rated because for so long he had to live under the shadow of Mj which took attention away from his many contributions.