1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Officially unofficial] Divisional Round: Texans @ Ravens Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by FishBulb913, Jan 15, 2024.

1. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

Lamar is a glorified running back. We made him look bad too until we kept letting him scramble in the second half. Chiefs didn't let that happen, made him be a qb and he can't do it.
    He reminds me of James Harden for the Rockets. Too good to just let him go. Not good enough to win a championship when the chips are down. You are sort of stuck with him.

OremLK, Uprising, Cstyle42 and 3 others like this.
  2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Purdy is not the guy. Niners have been fooling themselves.

red5rocket likes this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He had a great season. They are playing a great team. I wouldn't say that about CJ after our piss poor game against Baltimore last week, who KC dominated this week.

4. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Purdy heard you

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Purdy has a real chance to win a super bowl. I'm not betting against Mahomes though.

6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I wouldn't either. He's had plenty of playoff experience, and can never be underestimated. I've always loved watching Mahomes work his magic, but would be happy to see a kid with 25 games in the NFL win it too. I just hope it's a good game.

raining threes likes this.
  7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah these two teams earned it. I'm happy to see both advance. Lamar Jackson really **** the bed and I think the Ravens are stuck where they are. Detroit like us will more than likely get better.

raining threes and deb4rockets like this.
  8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Lamar's whole team **** the bed. I can't believe that team absolutely dominated us last week.

jch1911 likes this.
  9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Mahomes as a dog. I’ll take that ticket easily. Line went from -2.5 to -1. That guy is like Jordan in a game 7.

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

Rushing quarterbacks (still) don't work. So glad we got Stroud--unlike Baltimore, we are set up for long-term playoff success if we can surround him with the right pieces

11. SuraGotMadHops

It was irritating seeing KC be able to keep Lamar contained while we let him run wild like Hulkamania. I can't tell if personnel or scheme was the difference, but I feel like we should've been able to do that.

12. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

A combination of better personnel, the fact KC has been there before, and their defense wasn't as tired because the KC offense was more productive. Texans can get there next season

13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

KC can get pressure rushing 4, we cannot. Demeco does not like to blitz. That's why I think the Texans will put a premium on DL and defense in general this off-season. In my opinion, the real exception to that should be a RT. Howard has been proven to be an injury waiting to happen and we have to protect Stroud. The best teams are built from the trenches out. We have our franchise QB and serviceable weapons in the receiving corps if we re-sign Schultz.

OremLK and raining threes like this.
  14. OremLK

OremLK Member

I would like one more wide receiver in the early rounds because our offense looked a lot better with Tank and it looked awful when both Tank and Nico were out. Doesn't necessarily have to be in the first round, but we could use a little more depth.

Other than that I agree, O-line and D-line.