1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Yankees @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 1, 2023.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

All series talk goes in here. Non series talk goes somewhere else. No PBP, that can be found from other sources if you need it. All games are broadcast on AT&T Sports SW unless otherwise noted.

9-1 Carlos Rodon (L) vs. Justin Verlander (R) 7:10

9-2 Luis Severino (R) vs. Hunter Brown (R) 6:10

9-3 Michael King (R) vs. Cristian Javier (R) 6:15. ESPN only

2. Salvy

Salvy Member

Les go!!!

[​IMG]

Tomstro likes this.
  3. dholi_1

dholi_1 Member

Let’s hammer these fools

Tomstro likes this.
  4. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

LOL Chas playing time...

5. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Altuve
    Bregman
    Alvarez
    Tucker
    Abreu
    Diaz - DH
    Pena
    Myers
    Maldonado

Dusty hates Chas/ (i'm ok with Myers getting some time in, but not with Maldonado catching)

Also - where's Uncle Mike?

Stephen66 likes this.
  6. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

7. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

Sitting McCormick vs a lefty is unconscionable.

8. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

bc we are in the most crucial moment in the season so let's roll the dice some! it's fun!

If I'm being fair to Dusty, Verlander should pitch well so you won't need as much offense :rolleyes:

Houstunna likes this.
  9. lnchan

Dusty's rules with having consecutive days off... Dusty does hate Chas and loves Maldy.

Stephen66 and CisBuds4U like this.
  10. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Against a Lefty

I don't care what his defenders, and his middle of the road back him sometime guys think

johnnie is a damn fool who is just messing with people. I used to think he was a good man but just a bad manager. he isn't a good human

Stephen66, Wulaw Horn and Joe Joe like this.
  11. Qan

Qan Member

Eh, no McCormick....especially against a LHP? Unless there's a legit reason, fck Dusty.

Tomstro likes this.
  12. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

And before anyone argues against him just doing this to mess with people

It isn't possible anyone could be this stupid, in a very critical stretch, to think this is the right lineup

ISNT POSSIBLE

Stephen66, Wulaw Horn and Tomstro like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

No personal CF?!

[​IMG]

#babysteps

#13 J.R., Sep 1, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2023
    Houstunna and Rock Block like this.
  14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I blame myself. I complained about Meyers getting benched against LHPs. Monkey's Paw granted my wish in quite the most frustrating way of all. Astros should still win as they have a lot of LHP killers in the lineup, but less so than if they had all their LHP killers in at once. With Brantley on the bench, let them bring in RH relievers.

15. lnchan

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/te...Dusty-Baker-s-response-to-lineup-17368324.php

The skipper sat outfielder Chas McCormick against Rangers lefthander Cole Ragans after he didn’t play Tuesday against southpaw Martín Pérez. McCormick is slugging .589 with a .991 OPS in 77 plate appearances against lefthanded pitching this season. Aledmys Díaz, he of a .764 OPS in 82 plate appearances against southpaws, started in left field instead

“It’s just not straight OPS,” Baker said. “That’s fan stuff.

“I mean, Díaz was hot as hell. There’s only one other place for (McCormick) to play, and he wasn’t going to play in front of (Kyle) Tucker. It depends on which lefty I match him up against. He doesn’t play against every lefty. He faced a couple lefties yesterday and struck out a couple times, too.

Radricky likes this.
  16. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

Interesting that Dubon is not in CF w/ JV pitching.

If he told Dusty " I need Meyers' defense, not Dubon, when I pitch." Then Dusty would have to choose between Chas or Diaz.

Meyers is very good vs LHP, so the team should still score even if Chas is better.

I like the idea of Diaz getting more PAs vs LHP. He is getting better w/ experience as the year goes on and it will help in the postseason and next year.

Ideally Diaz catches so Chas and Meyers can both be in the lineup, but it looks like JV still wants Maldy. They really should let Diaz catch JV in case Maldy gets hurt.

Well, at least Brantley and Chas are on the bench to PH if needed. That's something.

Rock Block likes this.
  17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

At least no more personal center-fielder...but definitely would've preferred Chas there even though Jake has been solid against lefties. I know he wants to give everyone their share of playing time but you can't risk having any weak spots in the line-up, especially with Maldy catching.

18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Chas should be playing, but it is pretty hard to f*ck up our lineup with a lefty on the mound now that Pena and Abreau are hitting. I hope they keep it up.

Rock Block likes this.
  19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

20. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

I'm not as hell bent as others, he got Diaz in, no Dubon in CF, Jakes needs a start and its a lefty, Brantley sits which after playing two in a row I'm fine with but I'm curious if Chas has anything going on with the back that he's just getting extra rest....who knows but I'm not mad.

Houstunna, Elienator and marks0223 like this.