1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series: Astros vs. Nationals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Agreed, good sir

HTown2017Champs and lw17 like this.
  2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Well, I bet we never have another Astros team win 107 games again. A toned down parade or pep rally...yea. We're still the second best team in baseball and it was a helluva season.

4. Stros66

Stros66 Member

Stros beat two 100 games winner couple years ago.

HTown2017Champs and H-Town Info like this.
  5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Nats went 10-0 with Stras-Scherz this postseason.

4-0 vs Astros.... smmfh

JV needs a 180 inning limit and 95-pitch.

6. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

7. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

We all are pissed. You aren’t the only one. But, you have gone off the deep end if you really believe the Astros won’t win 90-100 games next season and be one of the teams in the mix to potentially win another World Series.

Here’s one big reason the offense can get better: A full season of Yordan Alvarez. Not to mention, there’s always the chance that Springer and Correa can finally stay healthy for a full season.

everyday eddie and RustyHarden like this.
  8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

First team eliminating two 105-win teams.

One of the most luckiest teams ever regarding this series though.

everyday eddie likes this.
  9. astros123

astros123 Member

Next season Verlander will be on a 175 ip limit in the offseason. It is evident that he cant handle 200IP + be dominant in the offseason. Can you really expect Urqudy/LMJ to take that role that Grienke/Miley had? Are you seriously telling me that you think Urqudy/LMJ are going be as good as Grienke/Miley.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That was a good pitch that got hit out, it was a curve ball on the outside part, the guy had to reach and basically golf it out......

DD

conquistador#11 likes this.
  11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I really ****ing hate our hitting coach.

12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man, for Bregman just losing his grandpa has to be tough (I know personally it was for me). I mean sure he just lost the series but life goes on, family always is 1st, true pro (like many other athletes before him) to be out there when most of us would be with family. I was hoping that would light a fire for the teams batting. But next season will come soon enough.

And yeah, sure, people can say but he's making $x dollars he better be out there but you can't replace your family, so hats off to him. He had a great year, the post season hurt, but for all we know he had family stuff going on prior/during the post season. I hope he has time to step away a bit and heal, some people forget that we're all just humans. These guys all have lives outside of baseball.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

47 years I have been a fan, and one WS, but man this team is fun to watch, we will be in the mix next year.....you young folks have NO idea how great it is to be this good.

Losing sucks, but give me a game 7 in the WS at home every year.......

DD

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Congrats to the Nats and their fans. It was not too long ago we were the fans enjoying our first World Series and that is a hell of an awesome feeling.

It was a special season for our 'Stros. Obviously the hitting was in a freeze right from the start of the playoffs and it carried through to the end unfortunately. It's been a great three seasons, hope we get another shot at the Series next year. This one will sting for a while though. Unfortunately it'll bring out a lot of hot take a-holes, you all know who you are. It sucks we let this one get away.

SWTsig, raining threes, jklb and 2 others like this.
  15. HouClone

HouClone Member

Hope mlb deadens the ball this off season and Astros super spys in the mlb front office are notified. Maybe the Astros will go back to level contact instead of the 30 degree angle, pull swing, which works against average to scrub pitching during the regular season but nowhere to be found against post season pitching.

Altuve wasn't the problem but putting the shift on him during the season was pathetic. 2-4 years ago Altuve could hit any ball, anywhere. Now, like Alvuve and all the Astros are taught, look for the high to middle fastball and pull it up. Give me Altuve batting .345 and 12 dingers versus .305 and 30 dingers. This goes with the rest of the team. 2 years ago, we had like 5 guys batting .300 most of the season.

#12415 HouClone, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    everyday eddie and RustyHarden like this.
  16. astros123

astros123 Member

AKA he didnt throw it far enough out. No reason Cole nor Grienke doesnt have that opportunity to get the out.

17. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I was wrong. Boston actually did it last year beating NY and Houston. In 2017, the Astros only beat a 100 win Dodgers team. So thats Boston and Washington.

18. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

We didn’t have the most talent in a critical area. Pitching. They put pitched us. Simple as that.

raining threes likes this.
  19. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

I think Verlander, Greinke, McCullers, and Urquidy is better than what we started 2019 with in Verlander, Cole, Miley, and McHugh.

20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

It's all in his head.

everyday eddie likes this.