1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Week 3 Texans @ Patriots

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I had no doubt it was going to be upheld...

NFL replay, for better or for worse, has been neutered in a way to protect the refs on the field (and also simply to speed of replay in/of itself).

The call on the field just has to be 100% wrong, with undisputable visual evidence, to cause an overturn. Anything less, or anything that could be perceived both ways, and they're calling for it to stand more than ever.

2. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

yup 100%, i saw one replay and was mentally getting ready for 4th down, never even occurred to me that it wouldn't get called incomplete

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, the Jags killed us, the Titans killed the Jags, and we play the Titans next week. Should be an interesting game. I'm rooting for the home team. Oh, that's us by the way!

Chilly_Pete and cheke64 like this.
  4. vick

vick Member

Maybe if he tryed to get in better shape instead of making commercials timeouts would not have to be called so he wouldn't die on the field.

5. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Ed Reed?

:p

Commodore likes this.
  6. Nimo

Nimo Member

Lol. I will settle for Chancellor and Tramaine in the offseason

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Well another L just like I predicted....\

Keep em coming

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I know you were impressed by Watson. Dont lie FTW.

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Fulgore likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

"You can't sedate the lion. You have to kill it!"

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yes. Cause it was a catch. That's just one angle which doesn't show that he has his hands on he ball at the top underneath and the ball didn't move when it hit the ground.

I didn't care for the refs generally but this isn't a blown call.

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The game was decided when Billy didn't go for it on fourth and one.

He also screwed up the prior play. The QB sneak was working all day long.

But you have to go for it. Everybody on the planet knows who is on the other team and what his specialty is. You can't give that guy the ball back in any situation.

13. SuraGotMadHops

There are tough losses that you can still come away from feeling proud. For example, the undermanned Rockets taking the Lakers to 7 games in '09, tough loss, but you felt damn proud of the team for how they took the eventual champs to the limit. Ordinarily, a team led by a rookie QB, going shot for shot with the defending champs, in their stadium, and coming up just short at the end would be a tough loss, but you'd still feel proud.of how the team played.....

but NOT this time. I just can't feel proud about what happened, there's a difference between coming up short because the greater team performed, and pissing away the game with bad play calling and clock management.

craigharmann likes this.
  14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

My hope going into the game was that we covered the ridiculously large spread. I'm disappointed that we lost but I have some new hope for the rest of the season and beyond. We appear to have a real quarterback to build an offense around. The line was even fairly decent yesterday.

My real anger from the game was in how clear it was that the refs had no intention on calling the game fairly. All the ticky-tack penalties went against the Texas with very few exceptions. Gronk and Cooks clearly pushing off numerous times and not getting even a whiff of a flag. The play clock jumping around, causing a delay of game (I noticed it at least 3 or 4 times). Calling encroachment when it was clear the NE running back moved. Picking up the flag for defensive holding when it was clear the ball had not yet been thrown. On and on...

15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Watt was making commercials while winning DPOYS.

Logical conclusion suggests rust. We'll see how the season unfolds.

16. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Watching DW4 make plays yesterday was the most entertained that I have been by the Texans offense in years.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-new-england-patriots-36-houston-texans-33

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I think it was more egregious to give it to Lamar Miller instead of D'Onta Foreman on the previous 3rd & 1. Miller just cannot break through tackles in short yardage situations.

19. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Fore everyone saying go for it on that 4th and 1 or whatever... I wonder what you all would have said if it didn't work out, brady got them down to the 30 and kicked a FG to win it. Hindsight is 20/20 there. Making them need a TD was a good decision, our defense (Corey Moore) should have done better.

red5rocket likes this.
  20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I would have said, "that guy over there, Tom Brady. He can drive down the field and get a score no matter". What's the difference between leading by 6 or leading by 10? Tom Brady. Maybe BOB should go watch some film.