1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] WEEK 1: TEXANS@INFLATE-RIOTS

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by donkeypunch, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Tony Romo should be Head Coach over Billy.

2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Hell he sound like he wanted to be the head coach. Never heard him so bias towards a team like that.

everyday eddie and Snow Villiers like this.
  3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

i can't stand tony romo's voice. made the lost worst to watch

ipaman likes this.
  4. 1234567

1234567 Member

Lost game as expected.

The rust from barely playing in preseason showed.

The line not so good, understatement.

Watson need to get that rust out big time.

Bubble wrap too tight.

Titian with all their lost starters show give Texans a better chance for road W next week.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

So when do they play these ****ers again. Seems like they play them every season and always in Bawstin. First place, last place, playoffs, doesn't matter.

Bring their ass to Houston & let Tom and Rob step on a wrong NRG Reliant Astrodome grass tray*. ;)

*I know, they got rid of them.

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Watson should have been better. Period. That and the defense.

houstonstime likes this.
  7. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Just came here to see if there was any blame on Watson and, more importantly the abysmal game by Kevin Johnson, or if you were all just calling for BOB's head. Guess we're firing Bill.

BOB called a TD play on 4th down, Watson had a TERRIBLE throw.
    Watson couldnt decide what to do with the ball on the first play, gave Brady the ball on the 20 yard line
    Watson didn't see a wide open Miller (WHO RAN THE BALL OUTSIDE A LOT, NOT JUST UP THE MIDDLE) and instead chunked it to a rookie in double coverage.

Kevin Johnson.... I shouldnt have to explain after watchin Honey Badger tear him a new one. He was single-handedly responsible for 2 of the TDs...

Did BOB call a perfect game? Hell no. Did he have some mistakes again? Hell yes. Did he lose us this game? No. But you guys push whatever you want..

HstnSprtsFan101 likes this.
  8. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Yeah, out of everything that happened, if he doesn't lose the fumble on the first play, and then later in the half overthrow an open Ryan Griffin in the endzone by five feet, that's a much different game.

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I don't think you came in here to check **** because all of those other things, KJo, Watson, Refs, etc... are all heavily criticized. Just admit it, you came in here to defend BOB no matter what you found. Also BOB is an idiot who doesn't learn and can't handle high pressure moments. This game was just more proof of that.

Sajan likes this.
  10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

As bad as Watson played they still had many chances to win.

deb4rockets and BigShasta like this.
  11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

The defense is going to be good this year.

Hopefully Kevin Johnson never plays again.

Special teams has improved from what it seems. Had Watson played better to start the game, then it would have been for the taking .

deb4rockets likes this.
  12. SuraGotMadHops

Absolutely correct, he has a terrible attitude. He is the master of fake accountability. He does the whole "I need to do better," in a general kind of way, but when a reporter questions a specific decision, he gets defensive and pissy. Either own up, or don't. You don't get points for claiming accountability but then squirming out of the tough questions. Hell, reporters made Kubiak look stupid every week and he always took it like a man.

seclusion, gatsby and deb4rockets like this.
  13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Couldn't agree more.

14. Newlin

Newlin Member

Watson admitted he played poorly. But, I'm not worried about Watson. Watson is a good player, I know that.

I think it's difficult to even judge the performance of the QB when there is very little protection and the QB is constantly having to scramble to avoid a sack. Just look at the time Brady had to throw the ball compared to Watson. Give Watson time to throw the ball and he will do well.

The play calling is also something that hurt Watson's performance. BOB has to do better.

Finally, can Fuller or Keke get healthy? Watson needs a deep threat.

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Then you are a liar or can't read.

16. marky :)

marky :) Member

Just dumbfounded that the Pats could get constant pressure all day on Watson when rushing only 3-4 men when we have 4-5 protecting...

Or maybe I had higher hopes for the OL than I should of :confused:

17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Yup. Been saying this. Not gonna defend BOB cause he had a terrible game himself but the narrative of all he does is run Miller up the middle is so gawdam stoopid. Now you got posters in here that probably havent even followed a lick of camp riding that wave. Bunch of idiots.

Watson still has so far to go to become an elite qb, so much to learn and recognize in the defensive fronts and schemes theyre putting on him.

houstonstime likes this.
  18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

There were many opportunities he simply didn't see, and hesitated too long, or threw it over, behind, or to the ground of his targets. Yes, the play calling hurts us as always. Fuller being hurt was another factor, and I hope he doesn't repeat this over and over like the past, because we need pressure off of Hopkins. Yes, we don't have great protection, but he did hesitate too much, or try and scramble too late instead of just getting rid of the ball. Sure, he should learn from these mistakes and get better. Let's hope so. But, the great quarterbacks who can hit a target perfectly do it even in tight coverage. They don't just look for a wide open target. They trust in their arm, and their ability to put that ball away from the defender, but within grasp of the receiver, and have faith in that receiver's ability to pull that ball in away from the defender. Watson isn't great, but he is basically a rookie, and maybe one day he can be great. Let's hope so, because there is no turning back now.

marky :) likes this.
  19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'm not a liar, and don't know what your problem is. If I agree with someone's post that's my opinion.

houstonstime likes this.
  20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Watson had a bad game...he has to be better. He held on the ball way too long...looked indecisive...wasn't particularly accurate. I believe he will be fine.

O'Brien did not coach a good game...he has to be better. The notion that he didn't need to call a timeout there because it's not his job to get the call right is absurd.

I was impressed with the ability to run the ball at points. I think the OL is capable of run blocking well, even though I have my doubts about their pass blocking.

KJ shouldn't be starting. Colvin should be in his place.