1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Tulsi Gabbard for President Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 11, 2019.

1. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Andddddddd Gabbard votes “present” on impeachment.

Discuss. Let me go grab my popcorn first.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Grab me a beer while you're at it...

ryan_98 and baller4life315 like this.
  3. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Strong move that everyone is going to hate.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  4. baller4life315

Strong?

She was against it. Then she was for it. And tonight she couldn’t make up her mind when it mattered the most.

Not exactly my definition of strength.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

strong in the sense of sending an FU to the party establishment. that's been her shtick, and I think that's how her votes will be interpreted

ryan_98 and No Worries like this.
  6. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Did she look hot when she was present?

jiggyfly, JuanValdez and No Worries like this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Tulsi you're such a pill.

mikol13 likes this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

early write-ups coming in about Gabbard's votes:

https://reason.com/2019/12/18/tulsi-gabbard-impeachment-present-vote-trump/

Tulsi Gabbard Votes 'Present' on Trump Impeachment, Slams 'Purely Partisan Process'
    "I come before you to make a stand for the center," said Gabbard in a statement.

Robby Soave | 12.18.2019 9:49 PM

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D–Hawaii), a candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination, voted "present" on the two articles of impeachment against President Trump on Wednesday. This made her virtually the only the Democrat to effectively vote against sending the president's removal to the Senate. Rep. Jeff Van Drew (D–NJ) voted no on impeachment, but is expected to switch parties.

Gabbard is the first-ever representative to vote "present" during an impeachment inquiry, according to The Daily Beast.

In a statement, Gabbard said that Trump is guilty of wrongdoing, but that she could not endorse a "purely partisan process."

"When I cast my vote in support of the impeachment inquiry nearly three months ago, I said that in order to maintain the integrity of this solemn undertaking, it must not become a partisan endeavor," said Gabbard. "Tragically, that's what it has been."

Gabbard characterized her actions as a "stand for the center"—a center that neither excuses Trump's wrongdoing, nor supports his ousting mere months before a presidential election.

Regardless of whether you agree with Gabbard's stance, it's quite refreshing to see a politician who is willing to go against her own party. The same goes for Rep. Justin Amash (I–Mich.), who left the Republican Party and voted for Trump's impeachment because he puts his limited government principles before partisanship. In these incredibly tribal times, such independent thinking is incredibly rare. Most members of Congress seem obligated to either defend Trump at all costs—no matter how contemptible his behavior—or advocate his immediate removal from office by any means necessary.

9. baller4life315

I’m sure that’s part of it, but those questioning her motives and end game are just going to use this as further evidence that she’s a loose cannon. And, also, an indecisive mess.

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

She was against impeachment before she was for it before she's against it before she's for it. Present seems like a good compromise to stay balanced in her flip-floppy land.

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I am not sure why there is such an outrage. She has all but said how she was going to vote.

Further, she has resigned from her post and she is running against him. "Present" is exactly how she should have voted.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Because outrage is the default position for everything now

And I'm outraged at your post for some reason

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

She is setting herself up for a 3rd party run. Would not be surprised if she has become allied with Trump

baller4life315 likes this.
  14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

She has repeatedly stated she is not running 3rd party, albeit ive always been suspicious of her intents.

Given your track record accuracy, I am 100% convinced now she is not running 3rd party.

ryan_98, jcf, TheresTheDagger and 2 others like this.
  15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I’m pretty sure if she runs 3rd party she will only be taking away votes from trump

Also , regarding that write up that Os linked that was a pretty favorable piece lol ... but I agree with her words .... now I think it’s partisan due to both sides ... and I have a lot more ire for the republicans than the Dems on this one , but still it IS partisan.

I think if you’re a dem and you believe trump is some monster then you should focus on beating him in 2020. You still have the House of Representatives so there is at least somewhat of a check on his power . Worried about damage done to the courts ? Shouldn’t have let the republicans outmaneuver you during the Obama years ...

It’s telling that as Low as trumps approval rating is ... congress’ is lower (I think , I hope I’m right lol )

Trump was elected because our system is ****ed up and people know it . Almost half the country voted for Don and he didn’t cheat his way to winning the republican primary for sure . He won because he had a better electoral strategy and the Dems nominated the most Washington insider ever.

Do I think he’s an unstable personality that could potentially **** things up for the US .... yeah . But the US is still the largest economy and American business talks ... and he hasn’t plunged us into war yet. This Ukraine thing is concerning for sure , and I do think it reflects very poorly on his decision making. But the assault on his presidency has been on par with the republican’s on Obama’s .... and I ****ing hated watching that.

Sorry I got off on a tangent there , but Emmy overall point is the problem is bigger than trump .. the problem is politics . And while you can’t get away from that completely , especially in our two party system, I fear that all both sides are doing is increasing polarization (which imo is really really bad)

I agree with tulsi’s Sentiment there . Although I do think she is more of an opportunist and politician than she would like her supporters to think . I’m paranoid

jiggyfly and Space Ghost like this.
  16. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't care about anything Gabbard does. Wish her the best in her cult, cant wait till I dont have to listen to Repubs gossip about her like 15 year old girls talking about Kim Kardashian any longer.

She should how she wants, do what she wants, as long as I dont have to hear about it.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Then why is she giving up her seat?

And by the way, why do Russian bots promote her?

18. dmoneybangbang

Pretty limp response from Tulsi, "there's wrongdoing, but....".

19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

As compared to the decisive mess that is our current POTUS?

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It might be how she should have voted, but it isn't her reason for why she voted.

I'd give her points for the former, but she isn't working for my vote.