1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Tulsi Gabbard for President Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 11, 2019.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Does that mean that HRC is now a Russian Asset?

Word on the street is that all of the cool kids are becoming Russian Assets.

ryan_98 likes this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

Because that’s her schtick....

3. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's worth listening to and finishing for those unfamiliar or misinformed about her positions. She refuted several claims made in the media and repeated on this board including her running 3rd party, being an unwitting Russian asset, and talking about some of her plans in detail. Sadly, those who should listen probably won't.

4. dmoneybangbang

I mean after she screwed up and can’t win in her home state because she’s got a strong challenger to her seat.... all she has left is being the “victim”.

It’s past time for the candidates with such low polling to gracefully step down...

B-Bob and jiggyfly like this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If all it takes to win over swaths of centrist and republicans is acting (or sincerely) behaving as if you don't hate right-wing people and aren't their mortal enemies, then it's a damn good shtick to have.

Tulsi is for an assault weapon ban, yet she's got right-wingers saying TULSI 2024!

That's ****ing impressive. Take notes fellas.

Just like with Bernie and Yang getting sizable support from centrist and right-wingers, it's not the policy that divides people, it's these stupid ass gang-like wars where blue hates red, country vs city folk things, it's the corrupt candidates and system.

What Tulsi, Bernie, and Yang are doing is very impressive to me. They are all much further left than Joe Biden the centrist, yet they are attracting centrist voters.

JuanValdez likes this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Step #1: Be attractive

jcf, B-Bob, RayRay10 and 1 other person like this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

B-Bob, No Worries and KingCheetah like this.
  8. dmoneybangbang

You think she’s sincere, I don’t. I think folks are enjoying watching the “establishment” getting attacked in this current political environment. I don’t give a higher grade for attacking her own party since I think the Dems best chance for toppling an incumbent Trump is being united. I also thought Bernie Sanders was rightfully snubbed the nomination since he was merely needing the Democratic funding apparatus.

Joe Biden was part of the establishment and is frankly boring. As someone very moderate, Tulsi doesn’t appeal to me in the least.

I don’t fall for candidates anymore, as I’m highly cynical. Tulsi seems like a phony opportunists, much like Beto. Neither have much of a political future in their home states after their gambles.

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So it's impressive to get 2% of voters and maybe .5% of them are centrist?

Ok.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Lol, it's because she attacks Hillary and establishment Democrats along with hating similar people that the alt-right does such as Muslims. The only reason she has the alt-right support is the same reason Trump amassed support. She hates the same people they hate. It's that simple and it's a telling sign of what type of person she is and whom she is willing to pander to. She doesn't want to go the hard route that candidates like Warren and Bernie go through with actually trying to discuss domestic economic policy in a detailed manner. She just wants to **** on the Clinton's because ******** on them is easy.and popular. She's the bad type of populist. The type that doesn't actually believe in the economic agenda but just believes in whatever garners support with easy red meat.

She panders red meat. She doesn't have any nuanced domestic policy ideas and just scrapes off some of Bernie's ideas at a superficial level with no ability to defend them in a detailed way.

It's shocking that people think she would make a good president. Trump has really shrunken our standards.

FrontRunner and jiggyfly like this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gabbard using the Rogan interview to good effect

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

They aren’t worried about the Dem establishment controlling you. It’s another establishment on the other side of the globe that’s concerning Dem voters.

It’s not a bad strategy to run a Trump 2016 primary where you run bashing the party as an outsider, but Tulsi has been exceptionally bad at trying to imitate Trump in this way. She’s not entertaining either like Trump is in a cheesy reality TV show way. People on the left like the people she goes after and see her attacks as out of left field like the attack on Pete that insinuated he wanted to invade Mexico.

Also you need to court some actual Democrats occasionally too. You didn’t see Trump win by going on Rachel Maddow as a strategy. Tulsi only going on white nationalist hour Tucker Carlson as a main media strategy is frankly stupid.

#612 dobro1229, Dec 1, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

How does one consciously refute being an “unwitting” anything? :D

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

She has a lot to explain.

Russia has clearly been supporting her candidacy, at the very least it's because they like her position.
    And why she was she skeptical whether the chemical gas attack was really done by Assad??
    And finally, if she is not going to be a third party candidate then why is she not running for re-election thus leaving that door open?

I like Joe Rogan, but he has his libertarian blinders on and is in love with Tulsi and can't bring himself to ask her anything but powder puff questions.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I can imagine an evening in the @Os Trigonum house with his grown children gathered around the fireplace, and Boomer in his easy chair, sipping Cocoa, with the wireless on with Scott Adams and Jordan Peterson dropping IDW science on the podiverse.

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

maybe this can help, Sam

https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...170602-00bc-11ea-8bab-0fc209e065a8_story.html

In this angry and stressed-out time, research says we can learn to be kinder
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    By
    Steven Petrow
    Contributing columnist
    Dec. 1, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. EST

You can become a kinder person. Even in this angry, stressed-out era. Yes, really.

Many organizations are focused on doing just that. Take Bridge the Divide, which facilitates “respectful face-to-face” conversations among millennials, and one of my favorites, Better Angels, a nonprofit group seeking to break down the barriers “among people of every political persuasion and ideology.”

Among the warriors for civility — a.k.a. kindness — is Jamil Zaki, 39, a Stanford University psychology professor whose lifework is focused on helping us become our better selves. For the past three years, he has been developing the tools to foster what he calls a “kindness revolution.” I know that’s an oxymoron — revolutions are most associated with overthrowing despots and are often very unkind. But this is a different kind of insurrection, and he begins with a startling premise: Empathy is not unalterable. It can be cultivated, or tamped down.

Some may remember these lyrics from “South Pacific”: “You’ve got to be taught to hate and fear.” Well, in that same vein, Zaki’s research shows that you can cultivate kindness and empathy. Or that we can be taught to love and care.

Much of his work has taken place on the Stanford campus, where he leads a class called “Becoming Kinder.” It is designed to address the crisis of empathy and help people fight back against the increasing trend of polarization and disconnection. We have all seen evidence of it across the political divide, and among all age groups, but Zaki finds it especially notable among college students.

Zaki also wrote a new book titled “The War for Kindness: Building Empathy in a Fractured World.” “In the three years I spent writing [my book],” Zaki said, “I discovered more and more evidence that empathy is indeed a skill that we can build, and that doing so is a crucial project for us, both as individuals and as a culture. . . . I wanted to put the book’s principles into practice.”

jcf likes this.
  17. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Guess I should put this here in the official thread...

FrontRunner likes this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why?

19. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Why not?

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Because it really serves no purpose and ie ends up being a net negative for the candidates.