1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Titans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 15, 2023.

1. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I don't know how much I would put into the cap space with so many current players on one year contracts. If re-signed or replaced, the cap space goes away quickly.

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I've watched enough Houston football to know when i see "it" ... this team is positioned to win a SB in the near future and have an extended run of double digit win seasons with division and conference championships I'd say with a decade+ of relevance and contention. No QB carousel, No psycho ego maniacal coach to derail talent. Solid football men from GM to coach to talent eval. Feels good. Feels right. We're 8-6 with a ragtag bunch and a savant at QB. 8-6!! Its only going to get better.

3. Qan

Qan Member

I'll wait till next season to really judge this team. Don't count your chickens before they hatch...kinda thing. Looks good, but football can be weird...temper the expectations a bit.

4. worldlyman

worldlyman Member

The Houston Oilers did win the first two AFL Championships in 1960 and 1961 before the Super Bowl AFL/NFL-merger era, historical records still kept by the NFL. Thus the Oilers do have historic professional football championship rings...they just got them before many of us here were born, lol.

5. conquistador#11

Hannah's inner voice same as Cady's " Wrong. You're so wrong "

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I opened up my ESPN app to check the score in the Everton match this afternoon, and saw the Texans score again among my favorite teams. I smiled. Just such a satisfying win. I don’t think I’ll ever forget that one.

7. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

I bet we get 4 prime time games next year.
    I'm sure the networks didn't see this season coming.
    But it's a hell of a miss on their end

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

#BTH

conquistador#11 likes this.
  9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I reckon 4 National TV games to end the season should suffice the rest of THIS year.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  10. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

I see what you did there.
    But I prefer 3.

11. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

She looks like a sexy milf pilgrim.

AKdaDawg, ROCKSS and MadMax like this.
  12. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

The AFL was clearly the inferior league, regardless of AFL-NFL World Championship (early Super Bowl) results. And that was the very first year, so those are to be taken with a grain of salt (I didn't forget about them either and was prepared to make this post).

13. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

Well, you can't underestimate that Bud Adams had a connection to the name, given that he was a Houstonian that was in the oil business. Without that, he probably doesn't get to carry the name to Nashville.

And yes, I agree that the NFL should have stepped in and prevented the Titans from dressing up as the Oilers against a team from Houston. Can you imagine if they did that in Houston? The boo birds would have been out all game.

14. worldlyman

worldlyman Member

The AFC (or AFL) had to start somewhere. Its championships are historical records still honored by the NFL as per merger agreement. The 13 total NFL championships (pre-Super Bowl and Super Bowl era) by the Green Bay Packers still count. The AFL championships by the Houston Oilers still count as the NFL still maintains them especially.

The AFL "was clearly the inferior league", lol? It was actually the NFL that eventually approached the "inferior" AFL to propose the merger as the latter was starting to kick some National butt. https://prosportsoutlook.com/otd-in-1966-the-afl-and-nfl-agreed-to-a-1970-merger/

However you want to spin it, the Oilers still beat the Chargers for two AFL Championships. Thus they were played and thus they are recorded.

I think some of us are too keen to diminish anything that the old Houston Oilers accomplished historically? What the Oilers accomplished in 1960 and 1961 are definitely not "to be taken with a grain of salt" as, again, the NFL still honors those accomplishments.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

She’s ****ing great. She gets it. She’s Houston.

16. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

She totally gets it. You saw that look she gave, I love it. Hannah, the champion this org needed. Who knew??

ROXRAN, Blatz, red5rocket and 4 others like this.
  17. SuraGotMadHops

What a woman!!

cmoak1982 and red5rocket like this.
  18. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

She's in touch with the fanbase.

ROCKSS and conquistador#11 like this.
  19. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

True but there's no way of knowing if the AFL champion was better than the NFL champion until 1966 and since the NFL was clearly the big brother of the relationship, there champion supercedes the AFL champion. It's not to slight the Oilers so much to say it's fair to assume the NFL champion is superior.

It's like the difference between P5 and G5 in college football. G5 teams are capable of beating P5 teams but there's no question who is superior over the long haul even if it's not definitely proven on the field of play.

20. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I like the second look she gives to someone off-screen, "It's alright, I got this"

ROCKSS and mikol13 like this.