1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Titans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 15, 2023.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

2. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Was hoping we traded for Isaiah Simmons at the beginning of the season. We probably would’ve seen this more often.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

One of the best things about this season has been Andre Ware straight up throwing professionalism out the window and hardcore stanning for this team on every big play. I don't ever remember him this hyped up during a Texans season, and that's including the year we were 8-1 and on top of the AFC for a decent portion of the season.

4. conquistador#11

The one and only Case.
    Imma need the clip of this.

#1284 conquistador#11, Dec 18, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2023
  5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

GOD DAMN I LOVE THIS TEAM! :) Can’t stop thinking about what they did yesterday. Inspirational. GO TEXANS!

7. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Can’t believe Keenum was able to hold it down for us…

Just wow. Simply inspirational football.

Will CJ be back next week?

clos4life and Verbal Christ like this.
  8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Why the **** they keep trotting it out then? Titans are immensely forgettable. Adams fam bet on the wrong horse per Forbes

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/12/18/nfl-week-15-takeaways-texans-future-powerhouse

10. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I will argue this until I am blue in the face: if teams leave cities, leagues - all of them - should retire the team and its history as a punishment. It is beyond stupid to carry Houston history to Tennessee. I can't fathom why any league thinks this is a good idea. I lived in Dallas for many years and attended a Stars (NHL) game where they honored a Minnesota North Star player, and it was so dumb. Fans were either confused or wholly indifferent, and the reaction was tepid and polite. I can't imagine the player enjoyed the experience.

But, specifically, I'm shocked and more than a little upset the NFL didn't step in here. I get that Tennessee (and probably the NFL) wanted to sell Oiler nostalgia to the Oilers' old city. But the league never should have allowed the Titans to shove it Houston's face the way they did. Flood Dicks and Academy with Oiler gear, sure. But that display Sunday was personal, and I would wager Tennessee/NFL did more harm than good for the brand by being such obvious pricks about it. I hope the NFL sees what a disrespectful display it was and quietly shuts that **** down from ever happening again.

Wear throwbacks - but be more judicious in choosing an opponent when wearing them. The Steelers would've been a great choice - nice tip of the cap to that old rivalry. Or Denver, as a nod to the AFL. But to do it against Houston... that's something the league should disallow.

#1290 Hey Now!, Dec 19, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2023
  11. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Then what would Possum Holler have to be excited about?

I've been saying it since Sunday, how little self-respect must you have to think that wearing the jersey of the city that just beat your ass on your own field (which you decked out in the colors and logo of the city that just beat your ass) is some sort of flex? Especially when the whole situation was nothing more than a massive failure of a troll job?

Stephen66, kdchilds and ROCKSS like this.
  12. conquistador#11

Pierce going through it in the the Kubiahan system

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

14. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

I always listen to the radio guys over the TV guys that really don't know much about our team. Dre has always kept it real over the years while Vandemeer mostly tows the company line. He wasn't happy about the Titans wearing Oilers gear and he mentioned Warren Moon sent him a text during the game with the implication that Moon was rubbing in the lead the Titans had so there was some vindictiveness in that call.

15. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

John & Lance are my go-tos for anything Houston sports related.

16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Really funny. Thanks for this!!!!

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Slow your roll. You actually have to do something IN THE PLAYOFFS first. Getting there is also necessary.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  18. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

But not this year at the expense of the next 4.

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Besides the franchise QB/coach combo there are top 5 talent level players at DE/LT/CB/WR. Team also has the most cap space to work with this offseason. If anything watching how they've fought and stayed in every single game minus one or two this year proves to me that the team has arrived. Shore up the depth and install some FA studs and get the popcorn ready. Getting to the playoffs this year is only about experience. We show up next year and beyond with realistic SB aspirations.

Stephen66 likes this.
  20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm sure plenty of Bills, Chargers, Bengals, Niners, etc. fans have said that in the last few years.

Let's temper our expectations a bit. This is a tough league to win in.

Also, please define dynasty, because even that is highly subjective.

Qan and Verbal Christ like this.