1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Titans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sunday noon on CBS
    Announcers: Spiro Dedes and Solomon Wilcots

2. The Stig

The Stig Member

Get the W!

So win this and we're in the playoffs right? Mathematically speaking.

3. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I think we have the necessary tie-breakers. Last weeks game was HUGE, on so many levels.

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Lets clinch this bad boy.

5. Indaface

Indaface Member

Yea barring some sort of miraculous tank job by the Bengals, Saints and Jets coupled with sudden greatness from the Broncos, Falcons and Dolphins we should be in with a win.

6. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

Mariota is out

Should be a W

7. conquistador#11

with the way these last 2 qbs hold on to the ball, watt should end up with 23 sacks.

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Losing this game would be the most "Texans" thing imaginable. As soon as they pull me back in to the point of giving a damn, they lose. The Titans are terrible, and this excuse of a division has given us a cushy path to a cheap playoff birth.

Don't f**k this up.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It would hurt the Titans arguably more than it would hurt the Texans if the Texans lost this game.

10. conquistador#11

cheap playoff berth? never such a thing. Look at the st louis cardinals won like 300 games in an 162 game season only to get outed in less than a week. Or the royals taken to the brink of elimination by a team that its own fans said didn't deserve to be there.

you embrace the playoffs and cherish the opportunity to derail the experts imaginary nfl utopia.

1 person likes this.
  11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

This exact thought is currently hiding in the deepest, darkest portions in the back of my mind.

This is what I posted immediately after the loss to the Colts:

I had no idea the AFC South was going to be so bad that a .500 team at Christmas would win the damned thing.... but this is setting up to be the ultimate "crushed" moment.

12. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

Seahawks 2010, Panthers 2014

Same with any sports, just get in and we'll see what happens.

13. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

This is football, the ultimate upset sport. Truly best teams win the Superbowl only a portion of the time, look at the Giants. I want to see three Houston teams in the playoffs in the same year in my life time and it's so close. Please don't F this up.

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Who says I won't cherish the opportunity, but that doesn't make the path any cheaper. 6-7 teams shouldn't be playing each other for the division crown.

If the division wasn't awful, we aren't in the playoffs.

15. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I believe if Colts lose next week and we win against Titans, we clinch playoffs? Or am I wrong?

Can someone pleas comfirm?

16. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, that one is easy. We would have a 2 game lead with only one game left in the season. Division would be clinched.

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lousy qb play in this one

Oilers 14

Texans 20

JJ gets 3 sacks

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Just cover DGB and Walker; they throw to no one else. Their RB's are a joke and so is their offensive line

19. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Awfully optimistic about the Rockets aren't we?

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It's been almost 2 months since a QB has broke 230 passing yards against the Texans defense (10/25 vs MIA).

Brees 228
    Brady 226</p>&mdash; Jayson Braddock (@JaysonBraddock) <a href="https://twitter.com/JaysonBraddock/status/679384022498213888">December 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I like that the Texans are now having the defensive performances we expected them to have all year long. The Watt/Clowney/Mercilus pass rush has been huge and we'll have them together for many more years to come.

The Texans are actually in a pretty good spot going forward, they just need to bring in a QB more capable of running the offense and they could be a contender fairly soon.