1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 7, 2019.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I posted that before but I thought the Texans wanted Lockett and Seattle took them one pick before us and we had to "settle" for Strong

raining threes likes this.
  2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

raining threes likes this.
  3. Nimo

Nimo Member

And I posted it before @zeeshan2 lol. We at ClutchFans don't miss anything.

zeeshan2 likes this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

I trust he is right that the Texans believe that. And they have probably talked themselves into believing they dont need help at that position.

coachbadlee and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

In Gaine We Trust.

I believe we will upgrade the position in some way

Miller
    Foreman
    Blue
    Rookie/FA

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

If that is the depth chart, that ain't that much of an upgrade from what they have now.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Depending on who it is that we add.

I just want a legit receiving threat out the backfield.

coachbadlee likes this.
  9. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Any interest in Crabtree as a 4th receiver? Just got released. Could be alright. Not my top choice but not bad for a 4th guy.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

That's the problem. I don't trust Gaine under the influence of Obrien. Yeah, sure, he let Gaine take over his 1st real draft just to boost his confidence. This time around he may be inclined to screw everything up with his suggestions on who to pick.

11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Hypothetical question for you. If the Texans address the OL in free agency would you take Marquise Brown if he’s sitting there at 23?

12. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Hmm, I don't think so. I feel like hes a mix between Fuller and Coutee (which could be great if one of them goes down which is likely) however, I feel like when we look at receiver, we are looking for a good 3-4 option and I think that is a lot easier to nab in FA than OL is. Now if we made some random trades for OL then I could be into that, but I don't think there is a good enough OL available in FA while John Brown, Golden Tate, Michael Crabtree, or somehow Desean Jackson could be available. I am for taking a WR in the later rounds, maybe Hunter Renfrow in the mid rounds (no idea where he goes). But a WR in the first is just not what we need most. We need OL and CB with all 3 first picks unless some ridiculous talent falls in the 2nd.

Just my opinion.

Side note, targets for FA/trades = Bell (cut Miller and Griffin and you have that exact money), JD (I'd like to sign him just because I think he is going to wnat more next year), John Brown/Desean Jackson, [Roby, Darby, Collins, Tyrann] any 2 of them if available. I don't know which OL I trust in FA, I guess Trent Brown, but not for like a Solder contract.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

#Texans head coach Bill O’Brien said he’d love to have Tyrann Mathieu back, didn’t say the same about Kareem Jackson, but did praise what he’s done as a Texan.

— Landry Locker (@LandryLocker) February 27, 2019

Bill O’Brien, #Texans HC "Keke Coute is a great kid. He’s a hard worker but he’s injured a lot, so we have to figure out how to manage that. He wants to be a dependable player and we definitely want him in there making plays." #NFLCombine pic.twitter.com/89FpTDB5h7

— Joe Everett (@JoeWEverett) February 27, 2019

We asked Bill O’Brien about D’onta Foreman. says that he’s healthy and that speed/change of direction is back to pre-Achilles. Became healthy so late last season that he just couldn’t get going, expects him to hit the ground running in 2019, starting April 15th for OTAs. #Texans

— RosterWatch (@RosterWatch) February 27, 2019

OB not interested in discussing play calling just like he did when he announced Tim Kelly as the new OC. #Texans

— patrick (@PatDStat) February 27, 2019

"I think we need to make improvements everywhere. I just don’t look at one position." Bill O’Brien when asked directly about the offensive line. #Texans

OB mentions that Tim Kelly ran the 3rd down meetings + introducing the opponent to the team. #Texans

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Excuse to not sign Bell.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Bill O’Brien on the young TEs: "Really excited about those guys." #Texans

— SportsRadio 610 (@SportsRadio610) February 27, 2019

At the NFL Combine #Texans head coach BiLL O’Brien asked about Jadeveon Clowney: "I have nothing but good things to say about JD."

— Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) February 27, 2019

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

O’Brien said they like to draft their players and have them improve. Like to rely on players who have been in the building. They value the familiarity the players on the roster have with the organization. Said on occasions you have to add free agent.

— Cody Stoots (@Cody_Stoots) February 27, 2019

Did a little bit of this in 2015 as well https://t.co/PPTvSShcyd

— Cecil Shorts III (@CecilShortsIII) February 27, 2019

19. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Randal Cobb might be better and plays slot a lot.
    And maybe a little in Vegas too.

houstonstime likes this.
  20. mario_v

mario_v Member

If Foreman is truly back to his old self, then theres no reason to sign bell.

#680 mario_v, Feb 27, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2019