1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans offseason thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Isn't the Texans GM black?

2. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I'm brian chapman!

1 person likes this.
  3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Well, he's got to be as good as Orlavsky. I just think having a left-handed back up could be confusing with as many bootlegs as we run.

We can still cut one of the FA DE's if Shoebel signs ... do they get paid for the season? It doesn't matter with no cap. Maybe one of them will sprain an ankle walking in from the parking lot this morning.

5. lookitsme

lookitsme Member

6. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

This is the best/funniest part of the article...

<b>8. Ken Whisenhunt, Cardinals</b>
    QB Matt Leinart(notes): ” Just looking back at my rookie year, what we were as a team until now — it’s night and day. That’s due a lot to his philosophy and the attitude and discipline he’s brought to us. He’s been extremely hard on me, but I think it’s helped me to be mentally tougher and I think all that will pay off for both of us.”

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

8. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Belichick I don't think should be number one...a few years ago yes...but now no. His team is starting to fade and he made some questionable decisions last year.

Fisher should definitely be top 10 but not top 3. For all the good-great teams he's fielded over the years, he's yet to win a championship. He should be around where Andy Reid is.

Mike Shanahan should be lower as well. How long ago did he win those back-to-back's? He's been out of coaching for a year and his Broncos' teams several years prior to that were average at best.

Kubiak I think is too low though. If he's been able to get this team to mediocrity, then that's where he should be...right in the middle somewhere. He definitely should be ahead of Carroll... as well as Del Rio and Singletary.

9. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Arian Foster looked really good in preseason, I hope he is the RB that the texans offense needs, so the defense of the opposite team can be more spread and not just focus on the pass.

and btw, Im so happy that this thread is not longer sticky, because it means that the season is soooo close! :)

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Over / under the number of times Brian_Chapman shows his face in the Texans thread? (After that terrible attempt at a rant....).

Can't wait! Glad Castor brought up the game thread!

11. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I think the Texans signed the wrong ex-Cowboys CB. I thought despite the final pre-season game, Cletis Gordon was the most impressive Cowboys cb. It seems most if not all his ex-Cowboys teammates agreed, those that watched the practices etc also agreed and his not making the 53 was a surprise.
    He is still unsigned and perhaps there are reasons unbeknownst to the public why but if I had a weak secondary I would add him over a number of other players signed.

Hopefully Wall pans out.

12. msn

msn Member

you, sir, are an idiot.

13. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

While I agree with you on Gordon (based on everything I've heard/read because I haven't seen him play), I do like Wall quite a bit.

I'm a bit biased because I'm a Texas Tech alum, I've watched the kid alot over the past few years and a good comparison would be Dunta light. He's a very willing tackler and has B+ speed. I think a season under David Gibbs and he could be an above average nickel corner.

14. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

That's a great point. I remember when Kubiak arrived, one of the first things he did was get rid of Dave Ragone. Not just because that was an awful draft choice, but because he preferred continuity that you can't have with a left/righty QB depth chart.

Perhaps his faith in Eric Winston as a blindside protector has changed his view on that, but we do run a lot of bootlegs, and that would cause our entire line to focus in an opposite direction.

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Disclaimer: I don't care about these things. But it's fun to dream about...

One of the ESPN "experts" picks the Texans to be the AFC Champ in the Super Bowl...losing to Green Bay....

NFL Pig Skin Panel: Super Bowl forecast

16. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Orvsucksky restructures contract and Kris Brown gets injury settlement...

per http://www.battleredblog.com/
    per http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7192079.html

17. thcdrummer007

thcdrummer007 Member

I used to take Brian_Chapman's lunch money.....

18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

It looks like Rick Smith took Dan Orlovsky's lunch money.

19. thcdrummer007

thcdrummer007 Member

Hahaha.. :grin: