1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Mar 8, 2007.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

When does the Comet's season start again?

2. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

You're kidding right?

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

He's just trying to get a reaction. It's what he does.

4. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Their first regular season game is Sunday 9/9 at Jacksonville. VY will probably be suspended and won't play.

5. Dr. Basketball

I do not have Madden yet becuase I am out of town, but I really want to know what every team is ranked on offesnse and defense. If someone could link where to find what every teams overall score is on offense and defense that would be great. And, if this is not on the internet, if someone with the game could list what they are for all 32 teams. Thanks!

6. KAS13

KAS13 Contributing Member

DeMeco got robbed

7. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Can't start threads ... someone help post this.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/train...y_matt&id=2978578&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos1

Highlights ... Mario Williams says he wants to set a new NFL single season sack record; Dunta spent the offseason working out in Jersey while living out of a Ramada Inn; also, the Texans defense ranked #10 in the league over the last 13 games of the season after the horrible 3-game start.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Here you go...

9. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I meant post it as a new thread. :)

10. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

What exactly did Mario do in the second preseason game?

11. tulexan

tulexan Member

What stuck out in that article is what ND Kalu said about Mario having 20 different people in his ear telling him what to do. This reminds me of Office Space and Peter having four different bosses.

12. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

Not a DAMN thing! Dude will not impose his will on the field.

13. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Literally nothing...Mario has yet to make the stat sheet so far this preseason. No solo tackles, no assisted tackles, no sacks, no nothing. He hasn't even gotten close to the QB.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, I admit... it's a little disturbing. I haven't seen him even get double teamed yet either. Both games, the LT has just stood him up on every snap.

Mark and Andre were saying he was held on that TD throw by Leinart. Um....hello??? Guys are held on every play in the NFL. It's part of the game. Not an excuse at all.

On the bright side, I know that guys whose starting spots are a sure thing aren't going to go all out during the preseason, but still..... just show us something, Mario.

15. tulexan

tulexan Member

He hasn't been doubled all the time, but I have seen him doubled when watching games. I don't know what to think with him. Either he is just a slow starter like last year where he didn't show much until the 3rd or 4th game, he isn't showing much because he doesn't want to get hurt in the preseason, or he is just thinking way too much on each play. This next game is really important for him because he is going to play for a majority of the game and if he has another game with zero stats, it is going to get pretty ugly.

16. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

I didn't like the pick and I like it less every game. I hope I am wrong but I just don't think he has the heart or motor.

17. updawg

updawg Member

From a chron article...

"Five of the top 19 salaries on the Texans' roster belong to defensive linemen. Altogether, defensive linemen will count for more than $15 million against the 2007 salary cap."

This is what troubles me the most. The have invested so much in the d-line and so far have received very little in return. Hopefully that starts to change this season.

18. msn

msn Member

Remember when our O-line was paid so ridiculously and were one of the worst in the league? Bad memories.

19. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

keep in mind also, the first team cardinal offense faced two legit passing downs (out of 15): a 2nd and 14 (in which they ran) and a 3rd and 7. i believe they faced two other downs, both 3rd and 3's.

he hasn't blown anyone off the line, but he hasn't been a complete non-factor, either. watch the 4th and 1 play: he and maddox created space for clark to come in and make the initial contact. he also forced leinart to move to his second read on the TD throw - he was causing havoc.

20. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

With all the talk focused on Mario Williams, I haven't heard anything on this kid Okoye....

Is he doing well in camp? :confused: